Stratasys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stratasys Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stratasys in September 2016.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter for the position. Then had a phone interview with HR at Stratasys. After that had multiple interviews in person and over the phone with the CIO and other directors and PMs.

Interview Questions

• How would to solution for a problem you do not have any expertise in?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

There were a series of interviews. First a screening phone interview with HR which lasted approximatley 30 minutes. Then an interview with the hiring manager, again over the phone, which lasted approximately 60 minutes. Next a phone interview with peer #1 which lasted 60 minutes. An interview with HR people which lasted 60 minutes, and finally an in-person interview with peer#2 which lasted 60 minutes. HR people were wonderful though the process, with quick updates and accurate "next steps."

Interview Questions

• Many if not most of the questions focused on how I deal with difficult people, and aggressively chaotic environments.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

The on-line application forces a person to fill in High School start and end dates which is irrelevant and smells like a convenient way to screen against older workers. VERY transparent and stupid for a company to require this. Ridiculous!!

Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I first was asked when I would be available for a phone call from a general (automated?) email from Stratasys. The phone call was a pre-interview screening- I was asked basic questions about things such as where I went to school, what my major was, and why I chose the school I attend/ the major I am pursuing. I was also asked a "psychology" question, then was asked to come in to the headquarters for an in-person interview.

I met with two people on July 2, so they seemed rather eager to get things done with quickly so they could get out sooner for the holiday weekend. The interview questions were rather straight-forward; they asked me to elaborate on content from my résumé. I was also asked about my experience working with 3-D modeling and machinery in addition to my comfort level and interest in performing the tasks that would be required for the internship.

I asked the first person I met with what the next step in the hiring process would be and when I should expect to hear back; I received an incredibly vague response of "well we were hoping to have an intern hired by the beginning of July, but here it is [already July] and we're still in the interview process..."

I sent multiple emails to follow-up with my interview, but did not receive a response from anyone I contacted. I also made multiple phone calls (one or two a week for two weeks, then every other day) to the woman I interviewed with- I was sent to voicemail every time and never received a response.

I only learned that I did not receive the position after finally being put through to human resources (after calling the main number) and asking them to provide me with information regarding this position. This was almost a month after my interview.

Interview Questions

• (Psychology Question): What is your favorite meal and why?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

After a short phone interview, I was asked to come to their Eden Prairie facility for an in-person interview with the Applications Engineering Manager. After around 1 hr of discussion and answering standard interview questions, I was told that I would be hearing back from their HR department in the next couple days. After sending both the Hiring Manager and HR departments with multiple "follow up" emails, I never received any response from anyone at the company. Very unprofessional way to say "no thank you" to a potential employee.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys.

Interview

First contact from HR, sent from a 3rd part email address. Set up HR phone interview, followed ~1 week later by in-person interview with hiring manager and another manager of a similar role. Interview lasted 1-1.5 hours. Interview went well, feedback was good, was asked about having a start date very soon (i.e. 2 weeks); however, even with attempts at follow-up there was no decision on application for 4 to 5 weeks. Seem to lack in the interview/hiring etiquette department.

Interview Questions

• How soon is your availability? (lead-in to a mention that they were seeking someone to fill the position very rapidly - note this flies in the face of their long decision timeline)   1 Answer

Technical Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through a Stratasys recruiter. He looked for my profile in Linkedin. After the first phone interview I was asked to apply online and then they would contact. Then they set the interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager set a phone interview with two other managers. Classical questions, I could feel that from the beginning of the interview neither of these managers were very interested nor engaged. They were not prepared for the interview so they just asked the "by the book" questions. As always, they said "you'll be contacted in one week either way". Two weeks later I called for follow up. I did not get the job. I understand they have found better candidates and they really do not have a responsibility of telling me, but, since they contacted me in the first place, and I was pushing back some projects in my current job in order to not leave them incomplete in case I got the offer, I would like them to at least let me know so I could move forward (and also taking in count I was told there were only 4 candidates, it would be different if there were 300 candidates).

Interview Questions

• First interview: Easy screening questions. The person in the phone was very nice and had a good talk.
      Second interview was more like a conversation. I believe this one was very pleasant and fluid. What is your management style? kind of questions. But sometimes I made more questions than the hiring manager himself.
      Third interview: By the book questions... What are your weaknesses, What are you strengths? Since they did not even have my resume, the "tell us about yourself", and also some others more complicated, fully related to the position and which I presume I did not get the job. My answers probably were not what they look for, which is fine.
      Answer Question

Field Service Engineer - Boston Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stratasys in November 2014.

Interview

I did get two phone calls, nothing big, it was all simple stuff.. The second call was to know little more about me and the future I was looking for. I got the call on a Thursday evening it lasted about 20 min and it was made on mid Nov.2014 they said I was going to get a call the following week but nothing yet.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think it had difficult question. The person was extremely professional, outgoing and easy to talk to.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying for a job on Stratasys' web site, I was contacted by HR for a phone screen. The phone screen was only supposed to last half an hour, but it went well enough that we spoke for nearly an hour. At the end of the interview, the HR rep indicated he would be recommending me for an in person interview, which was confirmed the next day.

My in person interview was with one of the analysts I would have been working with, the manager I would have reported to, and a manager in another department.

All four people I spoke with, on the phone interview and in person, were very straightforward. There were no trick questions - they wanted to see if my qualifications matched their needs. Some companies have "fake" interviews, where they've already decided who they want to hire, then interview others just to reject them, but it was clear that Stratasys would have hired me had I been a good fit.

Even though I did not get the job, I felt I was treated fairly, and I did not regret going through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were standard interview questions, about my qualifications and experience.   Answer Question

PR and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rehovot (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Rehovot (Israel)) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was fairly quick, lots of "get to know" questions as well as general persona and character based questions by HR to assess my background and tendencies.

Overall, seems to be a great company to work in. They work on some amazing products and I wish them the best.

Interview Questions

• What were some challenges in your previous position?
      How was your relationship with your previous employer ?
      What do you expect to gain and get from this job?
      Answer Question