Straumann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Straumann (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone call for 10 mins with the hiring team and then a call with the team head for 30 mins.Phone call for 10 mins with the hiring team and then a call with the team head for 30 mins.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Straumann (Andover, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through the company's website in December 2014 for a Social Media Manager position in the Andover, MA office. About a week later, a HR generalist reached out to me and asked what the salary range was that I had in mind. This was a little off-putting because I feel that companies should be disclosing to employees in the job description what they offering to pay, but nonetheless, I emailed her back with a range based on the median U.S. salary for that job title. She said our ranges were aligned and then emailed me a few questions to answer; questions asking if I had worked in a regulated industry before and what social media channels and platforms I had experience with.

She passed my answers onto the hiring manager, and I had an interview with her and two other people on her team a few days before Christmas. She was very nice, friendly, professional and personable -- honestly, it was one of the best interview experiences I have had because she treated me like a human being and there were no real curveball questions that were unrelated to the position or industry. I emailed thank you messages to all three of them and followed up with hand written cards in the mail. And then I waited...

Sometime in mid-January, I reached out to the HR contact for an update on the position. She informed me that Straumann was in a hiring freeze. I then connected with the hiring manager on LinkedIn (because I figured even if I was not a match for the job, then perhaps later on down the line if there was another appropriate opening for my background she may make me aware of it.) She told me the freeze had to do with the devaluation of the franc overseas and that they were not going to be any internal promotions for several months. I was told the hiring may resume in July.

Well, I believe the hiring resumed quicker than that because in March I looked at the job listings on the company site and there were several posted. I never did hear from anyone again regarding the social media manager position and I have no idea if it was filled or if they chose another candidate. Although it's a moot point by now (I have accepted a new job with a wonderful company) I really wish companies such as this one would put themselves in the candidate's shoes and ask themselves how they would feel if they were holding out hope for a job only to never receive any follow up.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Straumann (Andover, MA).

Interview

Got a call out of the blue from the recruiter. Found me on Linkedin. Explained the new role and goals of the new team. Decided to come in an interview. Met with the recruiter and and the director. Recruiter met me at the door and was very welcoming and gave me a quick tour. Very informative. They both asked many questions to see if I could handle the position. Very professional the entire time.
    I was not chosen but recruiter called me and told me they were concentrating on other candidates at this time and appreciated the time she took from me.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Straumann.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager that seemed to go well. I sent the cursory thank you letter. Two weeks and no communication from Straumann so I sent a follow up email. Now it's almost 8 weeks since my phone interview and still no word. I am not holding up much hope, but it's disappointing to not hear either way.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Straumann (Boston, MA).

Interview

Long interviews with multiple people from different departments. Most asked questions regarding past experience and some behaviorial questions. It took a long time between phone screen and in person interview. Interviewers were very knowledgeable and respectful. Most seemed to be very happy with their positions and the company.

Interview Questions

Straumann Response

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition + Employer Branding

Hi there,
    thank you for your feedback. We value this really high!

As you noticed we want you to meet all the people that are important when it comes to a specific role. That is the reason why it... More

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Straumann (Andover, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got email response from their internal Recruiter. Set up a phone call with the internal Recruiter but she doesn't sound to be very experienced in interviewing another (more experienced) Recruiter. A month gone by, never heard back, contacted her through her LinkedIn as well as her work email to find out what the status of the job is. No response at all!
    It would be nice to know that the core of the organization who would carry the culture outside to the job seekers or the talent outside the company would reflect a more professional attitude by returning calls or responding to email or job inquiry. If this lack of professionalism came from their own internal Recruiter who supposed to be the face of the company to attract the talent out there - I wouldn't expect the professionalism comes from other departments.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for? What is your Recruiting process? have you Recruit for sales people before?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Straumann (Andover, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Straumann in October 2016 - The process started off with a phone screen, 1st round interview on site and a 2nd round with the rest of the team. My interview experience was very positive. I knew from the moment I came in for the 1st round that I wanted to work here. Everyone was pleasant and very transparent throughout the entire process. The follow up was great as well.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult positions you recruited for?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Straumann (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by a visit to the local office where I was interviewed by the local director and 2 staffers from another office. After this I was asked to travel to US headquarters for interviews with national and international managers. I spoke with 11 persons before getting an offer.

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Straumann (Andover, MA).

Interview

Found out about the position through a staffing agency who had placed many candidates there before me. The interview process gave me the opportunity to meet not just with the HR department but with multiple members of the Education team. Be prepared to meet multiple people if you are asked in to interview. Questions are pretty standard interview questions, no crazy curve balls. Just be 100% confident that it is the role you want.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything out of the ordinary or difficult with the interview questions asked, very to the point about my ability to be successful in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The staffing agency did all the negotiations for me

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Straumann in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager
    They went with another individual, but the recruiter kept in touch throughout and closed the loop with me timely. They let me know that we would be in touch for something down the road. Despite the lack of offer still good experience

Interview Questions

• They dug into my background. Not necessarily industry experience, but more or less how I would break into a new client   1 Answer