Strayer University Admissions Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people Campus Director, and two Admissions Officers. The interview lasted approx. 1 hour, each interviewer seemed fairly nice. I was asked standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me about yourself", they also went over my resume and asked about my role in previous positions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Strayer University

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strayer University (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and called a week later to follow up about my status. They set me up for an interview a week later. The interview went well and was pretty basic. A week later they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a project and failed   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Strayer University (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. A friend referred me to the recruiter who after I submitted my application called me to schedule my phone interview. The recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and asked your basic STAR questions. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter told me that they would be in contact.

I was pretty sure I had botched the phone interview because it was two weeks later I got the in person interview. In the second interview you meet with the head of the admissions office and the head Admissions officer. They both interview you at the same time. The interview was great and again they asked the same STAR questions you should expect from other places. I had no idea how much I really saw myself in the position or really wanted to work with this office.

They really have the best interests for their students and setting them up for success. They had wonderful things to say about my personal resume. Namely working full time, enrolled full time, managing to find an internship and still getting into three honor societies. It appeared to me they were looking for an applicant that mimicked their student population. At the end of the interview they gave me their contact information and promised a reply that Friday. I never heard from them. Which was sad because I really liked them and their atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strayer University (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

They have you talk with a recruiter at first. If you have met with the campus before, they will decide to not allow you to come in at all. The interviewer will then start to downplay what you do, and talk like they don't feel that you can do anything.

Interview Questions

• If money wasn't an issue, what would you do with your time?   1 Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

First I received a call from HR, which was a prescreening. At the end of the call I was told that my info would be forwarded to the hiring manager and I would receive a call within a couple of days. I received that call, which was a phone interview. Then I was asked to do an interview at the location. I have interviewed and now I'm waiting on the next steps...

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Strayer University (Newport News, VA).

Interview

I was called the very next day...possibly the same day that I applied. I was scheduled for an interview the next day and interviewed with two different people. Then, I asked back and was interviewed by two people. I do not remember having a phone interview. I do remember them using a targeted interview style and asking me questions that required multi-step answers. I know I had to back (in my mind) and making sure that I was answered the questions accurately. They did not mind if I asked them to repeat themselves. We even had a casual conversation after the interview (on the 1st interview). The second interviewers were a little more straightforward,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your last job and explain a time where you make a hard decision - explain what the decision was, what was the response, and do you feel it was the right decision in the end.   1 Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

Applied online on company website. Recruiter contacted the next day asked qualified questions, lasted 15 minutes. Thereafter contacted by campus for in person interview. Hiring mama get canceled had to reschedule another date for interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Then a phone interview with regional director.

Interview Questions

• Dedescribe a situation in which you were able to persuasion to successfully get someone to see things your way   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiations, not willing to listen to any suggestions in lieu of reduced benefits

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strayer University (Ashburn, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is handled very professionally! First you apply, then if your qualifications meet the needs of the company, you are contacted by HR-Recruiting who will do a pre-screen interview (usually over the phone) where YOU will have the chance to be sure the position is right for you. If you and Recruiting agree its a good match, you are referred to the hiring manager for further interview process. This could be a simple one-on-one or a full-smash two/three-stage panel interview (depends on the position). Once that is completed, if you are selected you are notified by HR-Recruiting and officially offered the position. Its amazing!

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

The recruiter called and I received a quick response from the Campus Director with a phone interview. The phone interview was unorthodox, yet exciting. The traditional, "what are your strengths and weaknesses were not asked." The following day was face to face with Campus Director and Dean.

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview followed by face to face interview. The interview process was not lengthy at all. The atmosphere was really relaxed and I was given alot of information about the job. Many of the quaetions were behavior based question so those who interview should be ready.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was given a fair salary.