Stream Companies Digital Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stream Companies Digital Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Stream Companies

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stream Companies (Malvern, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two people in account services. One was a vp of some sort. Instead of a conference room we went into an office, which was very awkward for 2 reasons. First, the seat was metal and very uncomfortable and while one guy sat behind his desk the other sat to the left of me typing notes the whole time. It was distracting and frustrating to look back and forth making sure I was making eye contact with both of them. A conference room with a comfortable chair and both of them across from me would have been preferable. The plus was it was more conversational than hard hitting questions, which is how more interviews should be in my opinion.

The interview also included them telling me the reason everything is orange there (it reminded me of Nickelodeon) is it is a passionate color and "they bleed orange." This is the kind of place you have to be willing to be all in on your enthusiasm for such bs.

After the interview the one guy showed me around basically trying to sell the place to me. I didn't read too much into it because it felt more like a showing off of how great and "innovative" the environment is there. Newsflash - Google started this trend not Stream. The guy looked startled when I suggested they were modeled after Google. It is all open offices and long desks where you sit on top of each other, small hangout rooms, a stage for town hall meetings and all of that other look at us we are so cool making our employees work like dogs so we offer free snacks vibe.

After all of this not one of them bothered to reply to my email about the status of the position. I disagree with another reviewer that says the company doesn't owe you that. How hard is it to hit reply and say sorry, you were not selected? It is a basic courtesy after someone has taken time off work, time to research and prepare, and drive to the interview. There were two of them and neither could be bothered to do this. That right there tells me they are not the kind of company I want to work for. I know hr will reply and say it looks like they dropped the ball on this one. Instead of that I encourage them to take a hard look at how the whole interview process is conducted, especially the follow up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get a project done, including nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Stream Companies Response

Oct 24, 2016 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly value your open feedback and candor. While it seems like we weren't the best fit for what you are looking for, we appreciate... More

Other Interview Reviews for Stream Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stream Companies (Malvern, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I reached out to Stream about one position I had found online. I heard back almost right away with a query about my salary expectations. Several days later I was invited to come in and interview. They set my interview date well in advance, which I thought was odd, but I didn't question it at the time.

I checked in with my contact shortly before the interview, to learn the names of my interviewers, and found out the position I applied for was already filled but they wanted to speak to me about an entirely different position. It probably explained the odd scheduling. I looked into this other position for which they thought I would be suited and found that I was well qualified for it so I still agreed to go along to the interview.

I was face to face with two generally kind and friendly people in a small room for the duration of the relatively brief, casual interview. One of them was very busy and slightly distracted but overall the air was amicable. I used the casual format to ask them specific questions. Disappointingly they didn't even answer one of them. They seemed to really like me but because I wasn't being faced with tough questions about my abilities it was hard to tell. I left with a positive view of the company overall as well as a clear sense of their expectations/agenda. I was then sent two online tests as a next step, one of them being a personality quiz and the other asking sort of irritating math questions. I went along with it and took them carefully. I then never heard another word about the position. Pretty disappointing, but seems to be par for the course based on other feedback here.

I think that just as job applicants thank interviewers for their time as a courtesy after an interview, interviewers owe the people whom they interview a courtesy "heads-up, we've filled the position/selected another candidate." A company that promotes themselves as friendly and social as Stream does should really have this basic courtesy on lock. I've accepted another exciting job offer anyway, but it's still worth noting.

The personality quiz was odd--something I'd never had to endure before. I guess I tested too introverted for them, which is silly because my previous job made me highly qualified and experienced in handling high-stress fast-paced independent work with rigorous scheduling, and in spite of being introverted I was highly social and very involved with my colleagues and workplace.

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stream Companies.

Interview

I applied on their website and heard back a day or two later from the recruiter, who set up and phone interview for me with my potential boss. The phone interview went well, she asked for me to send over my portfolio and asked my salary requirements. I provided her with both. The recruiter called me back about thirty minutes later, excited to bring me in for an interview.

I set up an interview for a few business days later. I was supposed to meet with my potential boss and her boss. I was greeted by my potential boss and we sat down and talked for about 20 minutes. She was nice and didn't ask anything unexpected for a digital marketing position. Although, she did ask me about my portfolio, which I guess she didn't take the time to look at before inviting me in for the interview.

She then left the room to get my next interviewer. When she came back, she said he was stuck at a lunch meeting and she would schedule a phone interview with him for that afternoon as soon as he got back.

I thanked her and left, bummed I didn't have the chance to meet him in person (considering I took the afternoon off to get to know more about the company). When I returned home, I sent her an email right away thanking her for her time and asking her to let me know when I should set aside time to talk with him. But, I didn't get a response.

So, the next day, I emailed the recruiter asking if I would have the chance to have a phone interview with the other person that day. I also asked if she heard any feedback from my potential boss.

And... I never heard back. The company that boasts about being an "escorter, not a pointer," so I was really surprised neither of them had the courtesy to tell me either way. I was really disappointed in the whole experience and the way they treated me.

To the company: If someone takes time off of work to come interview with you, please have the courtesy to keep him or her informed -- even if to say it's not going to work out.

Interview Questions

Stream Companies Response

Sep 22, 2015 – Account Director

Dear Digital Marketing candidate,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are very sorry we didn’t get back to you in a timely manner. We try very hard to make sure that we don’t miss... More