Stripe Backend Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Backend Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

2.0

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2018.

Interview

Two main issues:
- Ambiguous ad. While I had applied for two positions, the HR recruiter decided on her own, despite my credential, of excluding me for one of them, even before the first call. When asked for an explanation, she justified this with very debatable arguments. The root problem was that she was looking for a senior figure, while the job ad didn't mention any level of seniority required.
- The screening interview problem was quite easy. In fact, so easy that the discriminant that caused my rejection was about how I google stuff or whether it took me 45min instead of 30 to do the assignment, while no time limit was ever mentioned beside the total 60min of the call.

All in all, despite the interview process being very efficient and quick, I can't shake off the impression that Stripe is quite an elitist/snob startup in which the hiring process can be very arbitrary and shallow.

Interview Questions

• Implement a "name tracker" to allocate and deallocate server names using a certain number convention. OO, elementary array manipulation problems.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very disappointing interview, run away from Stripe!

Had a pleasant quick talk with a recruiter. Then we move to a technical phone interview with an engineer.

This was supposed to be a pairing session. However, the interviewer just copies and paste the description and a test case of the problem, without further explanation of the problem. She just said, "take some time to read the description and go ahead". It wasn't a pair programming since I had to write to code by myself and the interviewer didn't take me any attention to the things that were doing nor making any corrections nor advice. In fact, I saw her many times yawning and smiling (she was obviously looking at other windows and no taking care of my interview).

Despite the fact that I completed all the questions proposed by the interviewer, I received an email that says that they won't move forward. When I asked for a detailed feedback, the recruiter answered this: "In terms of any constructive feedback, I'm afraid we don't have any specifics we're able to share at this time"

Worst interview ever!

Interview Questions

• A stupid question about sorting getting the min element of a list of dicts by one of its keys.   1 Answer