Stripe Business Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stripe

3.5

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin. I had to postpone the the interview for 2 weeks since I was on a business trip to Europe and he has to re-schedule it for a couple more times for various of issues from both sides but overall process was smooth, transparent and better than other companies. The recruiter called me on time and described me the position briefly then asked about my past experience. Since Business Operations is different in each company the interview is mostly about the position itself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, two phone calls with team members, take-home project, then review of take-home project with team member.

Phone calls were fairly basic - no substantial questions, really basic questions about background and interest in the team / company. I had prepped a ton to get a working knowledge of their API, and they never asked me about the product at all.

Take home project was a beast in terms of time required to complete. But when it came time to review it, the person asked questions that indicated that they believed that I did not understand Stripe's product...my write-up did not go into details about the product ( it was not part of the prompt) even though I understood the product in enormous detail...but they left little time for me to explain my knowledge during the process. So it seemed the person pre-judged my working knowledge base of Stripe, as if I was unfamiliar with their API, even though that was not the case.

Overall, process was slow, impersonal, opaque, and frustrating. Got no feedback on final decision rationale or on take-home project quality. The whole process felt like a giant waste of time - so much effort and no feedback or indication as to how they viewed my candidacy. Left me with a bad impression of the team and culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? Why are you interested in Stripe? What are Stripe's biggest opportunities? What are Stripe's biggest challenges?   Answer Question