Stripe Full Stack Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Full Stack Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stripe (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Tech screen consisted of two coding questions on coderpad, the second was a follow up of the first. I coded the first question fairly quickly and all the tests passed on the first go. For the second question, I decided that I would run the tests to see what edge cases failed and handle them accordingly. By the end of the interview, the second question also passed all the tests. The phone screen interview process clearly mentions that they are focusing on working code and not optimization. I don't know why they decided to not call me for the onsite loop even though the code worked. My best guess is they wanted a code that passed all tests in the first go.

Interview Questions

• Find min value of a key given a set of records.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Had a brief chat with the recruiter. Set up an interview. Interviewer was great and very helpful and very interactive. Really enjoyed my interviewed. Got rejected without much of an explanation considering I thought I did fairly well.

Interview Questions

• Some array and object manipulations   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied directly online, received a HR email the next day inviting me to a screening call. The screening call was pretty basic, establishing basic experience and expectations, and went relatively pleasantly. A fair bit of the call was taken up by the interviewer talking about Stripe and selling their start-up/innovation credentials.

She informed me the next step was going over applications with a hiring manager in the United States. I then received an email a few days later saying they weren't continuing the process with me.

This would suggest to me that they don't screen or rule out applications until after the initial screening call takes place, which is a bit strange for potentially wasting both the applicant and interviewer's time, and maybe something to keep in mind if you're applying here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2018.

Interview

Long and slow interview process, multiple steps:
    1. Chat with HR in Dublin office
    2. 45 minutes screen-sharing session with one of European software engineers - went quite well
    3. 30-minutes video link interview with Hiring Manager
    4. On-site interview marathon with number of different people, 1 hour each

My interview process stopped on step 3, hiring manager changed time twice, and appeared on video link interview unprepared - he did not read my CV and was not interested in process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a screening recruiter who then set up a remote CoderPad interview with one of their engineers. The next day got a call from the recruiter telling me that they would like to do a second, UI related CoderPad exercise with one of their engineers. Soon after I got a call saying they'd like to have me over for an on-site interview - which as far as I was concerned went pretty well. There were two additional programming exercises, a bug-finding exercise, and a meeting with one of their engineering managers about goals, etc. However, I got a call from the recruiter the next week telling me they had decided to not go forward with my application. It was highly frustrating since I believe the first two (remote) programming exercises should have been a clear indicator of whether they wanted to hire me or not. If they weren't 80-90% sure by then, they should not have wasted my time (an entire day) bringing me on-site.