Stripe Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stripe in November 2019.

Interview

Interview process consisted first of an online coding challenge. Next I was contacted by a recruiter and did a zoom interview with an engineer. Very practical coding question for about an hour.

Next I was scheduled for two 1 hour back to back zoom technical challenges. The first was a similar coding problem and the second was more of an actual project making requests and executing tests.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem: given a list of bank accounts with balances, how can we move funds from account to account such that all accounts have a set minimum.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in November 2019.

Interview

hackerrank OA -> one technical interview (zoom) -> two back to back interview (zoom) -> manager BQ. I'm still wating for the results. The overall experience was really great and moving fast. I think Stripe's evaluation focuses on clean code and readability.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

I just got the coding challenge after a couple days, I but didnt pass all test cases so I didnt advance to the next stage. They give one hour and a half.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

HackerRank, one coding phone screen, long phone screen with several developers, short non-technical phone screen with project manager. Overall very good process. All coding no personality tests or the like.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions are pretty practical. Many have to do with APIs   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Hackerrank -> 1 hour Phone Screen -> 2 back-to-back interviews -> 1 engineering manager interview. I have NOT yet had any decision from them yet. My engineering manager conversational interview will take place tomorrow, and by then I will have more information.

Interview Questions

• toy database, HTTP request/response   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2018.

Interview

zoom interview, the interviewer copy the description to code pad and ask you to implement some functions. After implemented, you run the code and see if it can pass test cases.

Interview Questions

• Given a database, records are HashMaps, implement min by key, min/max by key, use comparator to implement min/max by key, use comparator to implement min/max by several keys   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2018.

Interview

1 hour phone interview where they can see you and your computer and you code the solution to a HackerRank style problem and essentially do virtual "whiteboarding". You will be observed by a current engineer and there is also an entry-level engineer observing you. Onsite interview are only 2 interviews long (plus casual lunch interview) for interns.

Interview Questions

• Read in a list of dictionaries and return the dictionary with the largest instance of a key given. Also with additional constraints and edge cases provided.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Hackerrank, Phone Screen with an Engineer, Onsite interview consisting of 2 technical + 1 conversational interview.

For the most part, this was a great interview process. Recruiters were quick to follow up and move forward, and I enjoyed the non-traditional, more practical interview.

The onsite however was a bit of a mixed bag. I felt that 45 minutes was a bit rushed for the interviews, and had small issues with both of my technical interviews onsite. One interviewer was a last minute replacement and was not prepared for the interview, which slowed things down quite a bit. The other engineer got visibly frustrated when I was slow to code certain things, which flustered me. Thus, I was not surprised when they said they could not extend an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• More practical questions which involved some data structures use. One of the interviews also dealt with sending HTTP requests and interpreting/debugging responses.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I got an invite from Hacker rank that is pretty easy. Test is just checking basics.The questions were based on the real work of company.It is followed by a phone screening.The process took 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews prior to an on-site. HR was slow and seemed busy; every time, I had to send the same message twice to get a response. The on-site interview was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The same questions on Glassdoor. (Allocating and deallocating memory)   Answer Question