Stripe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stripe

2.9

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview consisted of phone screen, written assignment (basic accounting memo) then in person meeting. Second round interview consisted of interview with 5 individuals. Overall interview process was very messy, some team members were reading questions off of some type of script and questions seemed not relevant to the job. Some of the question they asked were so basic they seemed like trick questions, others involved basic mental math. Interviewees wasted a lot of time with these trivial questions and i felt they did not actually ask enough real questions. Timing for the interviewers was also much to short for the role. Recruiters seemed disorganized. Overall I left the interview process with a poor outlook for the role itself based on the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• If 10 stock options vest evenly over 4 years how many options vest at the end of year 1.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The recruiter contacte me through LinkedIn for a mid Senior level position and after initial interview, she told that I would have the next interview (mentioned who would interview) that she will be scheduling and the recruiter completely disappeared after that. I followed up twice by email but no reply. It is extremely unprofessional not to even update the candidate about change of plans when that person already took out half a day for interviewing. Very bad and unprofessional experience with Stripe.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

Recruiter was very good, constantly checking in on me before / after each round. Started with hiring manager then went into meeting more members of the team. Very upsetting that they seemed to only care if I received a competing offer, otherwise they were just going to take as long as possible. After 2 months of interviews with ~10 members of the team, I told them this is taking too much time. It doesn't seem like they know what they want. The hiring manager + 1-2 more interviews with key team members is the extent of the interviewing process with every other company that I'm looking at for similar roles. Don't bother interviewing here if you don't already have a competing offer.

Interview Questions

• What area should Stripe grow into next?   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screen, followed by a homework assignment, and then a roughly 4 hour long onsite visit. Recruiters were prompt and kept me up to date throughout the process, and were respectful of my timeline.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about Stripe’s future sources of growth?   1 Answer
    • Why Stripe over similar unicorn companies?   1 Answer

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out to schedule an interview. After a few emails, we had scheduled a date & time. However, the recruiter never called and ignored emails asking what happened and if they would like to reschedule.

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, Technical Phone Screen, Onsite Interview. The initial phone screen was just a meet and greet with the recruiter. For the technical phone screen I was asked to code up a react component on a shared editor. For the onsite interview, I did a series of whiteboard and live coding challenges with different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a series of technical frontend questions. There was a blend of algorithm related questions, live coding, and whiteboarding.   2 Answers

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Had a bunch of phone conversations and was invited to interview at their new HQ in SF. The process was fun and a great way to meet the team and the office looks very nice. After more than a week I finally got a call from the recruiter to let me know they were going to make an offer, and 3 days later I got a call from the recruiting manager to let me know they actually decided to go with someone else. Very disappointing process and HR was not quick to reply to messages. After further research I learned this is actually quite common.

Sales Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by lots of "homework." They don't have a mature sales team in place yet, so it begs the question - am I doing work for them before I even get a second interview?

Interviewer was curt and inexperienced - I think he fancied himself some kind of Google style interviewer, e.g. "The faster I talk, the smarter I sound," or "If I ask an unreasonable question to answer, I must be doing a good job."

Interview Questions

• "What's your favorite tech company and why?"   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a 30 minute call with a Sales Person who has only sold for a year and half in their entire career. I closed the individual and he couldn't tell me if he would recommend me moving forward and couldn't tell me what his concerns were.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2015.

Interview

Did not apply, as I spoke with a recruiter at a college fair. I had a thirty minute phone screen, which was a formality as mine was scheduled right before this step was phased out and so consisted of an explanation of the interview process and a chance for me to ask questions. Had a one hour tech screen over Skype. They allow you to Google any questions you may have and are also there to provide help with whatever you may need, but they expect you to be properly set up in your environment (helpful to have started a project prior) and to be able to be productive in that environment.

Interview Questions

• Write nextServerNumber(int[]) which takes a list of numbers and returns the smallest number within [1, infinity), that is not included in the list.

nextServerNumber([1]) = 2
      nextServerNumber([1,2,5]) = 3
      nextServerNumber([]) = 1   2 Answers
    • Create a ServerManager class with the functions allocate(string) and deallocate(string) to the following specifications:

allocate('apibox') = 'apibox1'
      allocate('apibox') = 'apibox2'
      allocate('sitebox') = 'sitebox1'
      allocate('apibox') = 'apibox3'

deallocate('apibox2')

allocate('apibox') = 'apibox2'   2 Answers

See What Stripe Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros: “I've worked at lots of other great companies. Stripe has been an experience like no other: stimulating and challenging work at a time when the company is scaling. I've been...”“I've worked at lots of other great companies. Stripe has been an experience like no other: stimulating and challenging work at a time when the company is scaling. I've been fortunate to be part of the team as we build out international operations and focus on users outside the US. It's been hard and fun at the same time and you never really know how the week will end. If you like learning new stuff (lots of it, fast), working with really smart people who will challenge you to bring your 'A' game and working directly with users, many of whom are still figuring out their own businesses, you will love working at Stripe. - opportunity to get close to real businesses across a wide range of industries - great product - a growing company where there is still lots to do, plenty of scope to have impact - strong leadership, clear and inspiring vision, cares about Stripe outside the US - great office culture (Dublin), a beautiful place to work with people who genuinely care about what they do and who strive to have a positive impact on Stripe's users” – Full Review