Stripe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

Front Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

My understanding is every position is interviewed the same way. 5 person interview. 1st: immediate supervisor, 2nd: their immediate supervisor, 3rd: someone from a team you would work with, 4th: critical thinking, 5th: random person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment you were told no and how you reacted.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stripe in November 2019.

Interview

Interview process consisted first of an online coding challenge. Next I was contacted by a recruiter and did a zoom interview with an engineer. Very practical coding question for about an hour.

Next I was scheduled for two 1 hour back to back zoom technical challenges. The first was a similar coding problem and the second was more of an actual project making requests and executing tests.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem: given a list of bank accounts with balances, how can we move funds from account to account such that all accounts have a set minimum.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in November 2019.

Interview

hackerrank OA -> one technical interview (zoom) -> two back to back interview (zoom) -> manager BQ. I'm still wating for the results. The overall experience was really great and moving fast. I think Stripe's evaluation focuses on clean code and readability.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Online application, hackerrank, video interview; Hackerrank is unique to Stripe and appears to be the same question asked to every applicant. Video interview is welcoming, and standard questions. Nothing is too difficult, but definitely know how to talk through your thinking.

Interview Questions

• Return the row that contains the minimum of a given column.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

took about 4 hours, included lunch with a team member, really easy process and enjoyable. everyone on the panel was great and made me feel like i wasn't just there to fill a role

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

I just got the coding challenge after a couple days, I but didnt pass all test cases so I didnt advance to the next stage. They give one hour and a half.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process is fairly well-described in other reviews. I enjoyed most interviews, but two specific things were problematic:

1) During the behavioral interview, it was made clear that Stripe wanted to hire only product-driven people: people who care a lot about user experience and building a great product. I am not product-driven; I care mostly about solving hard technical problems. I know that Stripe has hard technical problems, and I feel that it shouldn't really matter what motivates me, as long as I am engaged. So I'm not sure why Stripe is forcing this artificial filter in their interview phase. Moreover, I have no idea why this wasn't communicated in the recruiter screen.

2) After the onsite, I didn't receive any response. Not even an automated rejection email. I messaged the recruiter twice, but got nothing in response. I can maybe understand getting ghosted after a recruiter call, but I spent 9 hours of my time (including travel) for the onsite. So to get absolutely no response is unprofessional and insulting.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2019.

Interview

Hackerrank. Finished 30 minutes early, passed all public and hidden test cases. Still rejected.

Left a bad taste in my mouth - no longer interested in working at this company. Thankfully I have other offers.

I hope management/university recruiting/HR sees this and reconsiders how they hire. You are permanently driving candidates away and they are telling others about their experiences. It's a shame because I thought highly of the company previously.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for the Analyst role in the Corporate Finance and Strategy team (not entry-level, Analyst have 4-7yrs work experience).
    A friend internally connected me with a team member in that team and I had an informational interview with them. This team member internally referred me for this open position. I got reached out to by the recruiting manager for a brief call about compensation, visa, availability and commute. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We discussed more about the role, responsibilities, the fact that Stripe has a very flat hierarchy structure (Analyst>Individual Contributor>Executive) and their Analyst programme is very new. The Finance and Strategy team is only about 40-people strong and thus the work would be varied. After this call, the recruiter reached out to let me know that they wanted to progress me tot he next step, which is the case study written project. I received the fictional data file with prompts and my task was to write a 3-5 page memorandum directed at the executive level and provide an excel file with supporting calculations and analysis. I had one week to complete this. It wasn't so much hard... but very vague. The prompts were really broad and the data very limited (monthly data of stripe's product usage for two years across ~30 merchants). I submitted this and then received an email from the recruiter that the hiring manager and team will review and let me know if I get through to the final stage of onsite interviews. Three days later I got a brief two line email from the recruiter that they had decided to move forward with another candidate that displayed advanced excel skills. I requested for feedback but was told they couldn't provide anything more specific.

Interview Questions

• Example of roles/responsibilities in your current job with a process-oriented task   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in developing a new reporting process and/or working through a data related issue?   Answer Question
    • How are Stripe's products and segments performing?   Answer Question
    • How should Stripe think about growth prospects and associated costs?   Answer Question
    • Given access to more time and our data, what type of things would you want to dig deeper on?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (Seattle, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

The first phone screen was fairly simple and straight forward. I was moved on to the second phone screen where they ask a lot more situational questions. Even though I did not get the job, the recruiter I was working with was very professional and even offered to connect me with the hiring team of a different position. I was left with a very positive impression of Stripe.

Interview Questions

• A candidate is scheduled to come in for an interview to meet with the hiring manager. The day of the interview comes, and the hiring manager is nowhere to be found. What do you do and explain your thought process.   Answer Question