Stripe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

took about 4 hours, included lunch with a team member, really easy process and enjoyable. everyone on the panel was great and made me feel like i wasn't just there to fill a role

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

I just got the coding challenge after a couple days, I but didnt pass all test cases so I didnt advance to the next stage. They give one hour and a half.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process is fairly well-described in other reviews. I enjoyed most interviews, but two specific things were problematic:

1) During the behavioral interview, it was made clear that Stripe wanted to hire only product-driven people: people who care a lot about user experience and building a great product. I am not product-driven; I care mostly about solving hard technical problems. I know that Stripe has hard technical problems, and I feel that it shouldn't really matter what motivates me, as long as I am engaged. So I'm not sure why Stripe is forcing this artificial filter in their interview phase. Moreover, I have no idea why this wasn't communicated in the recruiter screen.

2) After the onsite, I didn't receive any response. Not even an automated rejection email. I messaged the recruiter twice, but got nothing in response. I can maybe understand getting ghosted after a recruiter call, but I spent 9 hours of my time (including travel) for the onsite. So to get absolutely no response is unprofessional and insulting.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2019.

Interview

Hackerrank. Finished 30 minutes early, passed all public and hidden test cases. Still rejected.

Left a bad taste in my mouth - no longer interested in working at this company. Thankfully I have other offers.

I hope management/university recruiting/HR sees this and reconsiders how they hire. You are permanently driving candidates away and they are telling others about their experiences. It's a shame because I thought highly of the company previously.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for the Analyst role in the Corporate Finance and Strategy team (not entry-level, Analyst have 4-7yrs work experience).
    A friend internally connected me with a team member in that team and I had an informational interview with them. This team member internally referred me for this open position. I got reached out to by the recruiting manager for a brief call about compensation, visa, availability and commute. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We discussed more about the role, responsibilities, the fact that Stripe has a very flat hierarchy structure (Analyst>Individual Contributor>Executive) and their Analyst programme is very new. The Finance and Strategy team is only about 40-people strong and thus the work would be varied. After this call, the recruiter reached out to let me know that they wanted to progress me tot he next step, which is the case study written project. I received the fictional data file with prompts and my task was to write a 3-5 page memorandum directed at the executive level and provide an excel file with supporting calculations and analysis. I had one week to complete this. It wasn't so much hard... but very vague. The prompts were really broad and the data very limited (monthly data of stripe's product usage for two years across ~30 merchants). I submitted this and then received an email from the recruiter that the hiring manager and team will review and let me know if I get through to the final stage of onsite interviews. Three days later I got a brief two line email from the recruiter that they had decided to move forward with another candidate that displayed advanced excel skills. I requested for feedback but was told they couldn't provide anything more specific.

Interview Questions

• Example of roles/responsibilities in your current job with a process-oriented task   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in developing a new reporting process and/or working through a data related issue?   Answer Question
    • How are Stripe's products and segments performing?   Answer Question
    • How should Stripe think about growth prospects and associated costs?   Answer Question
    • Given access to more time and our data, what type of things would you want to dig deeper on?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (Seattle, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

The first phone screen was fairly simple and straight forward. I was moved on to the second phone screen where they ask a lot more situational questions. Even though I did not get the job, the recruiter I was working with was very professional and even offered to connect me with the hiring team of a different position. I was left with a very positive impression of Stripe.

Interview Questions

• A candidate is scheduled to come in for an interview to meet with the hiring manager. The day of the interview comes, and the hiring manager is nowhere to be found. What do you do and explain your thought process.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Boulder, CO) in October 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on Linkedin followed by quick intro call where she described position briefly. Phone technical screen was setup up during call.
    At time of PS interviewer was ~10minute late and he was unhappy, not nice person.

I was able to solve challenge, but it is worth to mention that they never contacted me even with automated rejection.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

HackerRank, one coding phone screen, long phone screen with several developers, short non-technical phone screen with project manager. Overall very good process. All coding no personality tests or the like.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions are pretty practical. Many have to do with APIs   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2019.

Interview

Initial cultural call followed by an online technical interview. Cultural call was standard. Online technical interview coordinator seemed disinterested, but was pleasant answering questions. I didn't realize it was a two-parter and ran out of time trying to be thorough since the premise was that this should be production-ready code. So I included test cases, docs and some design setup as well as many questions about use cases.

I was declined for the position after the first round, presumably due to running out of time to complete the second part. I was hoping for feedback and was happy when the interview coordinator scheduled a follow-up call to provide that feedback. However, this person was a no-show for the call and never answered any other follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Design a tool to find the minimum in a database (consisting of key/value pairs) given a column   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

Hackerrank, phone interview and then onsite. Really intereseting process. Does not involve traditional leetcode problems. I was referred by a current employee. Office looks really interesting.

I was dissapointed that I did not receive any feedback when I was rejected

Interview Questions

See What Stripe Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “- The level of internal transparency and trust will shock you in a good way. You'll have more than enough information to decide if Stripe is a good bet with which to start your career...”“- The level of internal transparency and trust will shock you in a good way. You'll have more than enough information to decide if Stripe is a good bet with which to start your career. - Leadership (at all levels up/down the management chain) actually cares when it comes to diversity. They fundamentally "get" it, and are working hard on multiple initiatives in this area. Unconscious bias training is treated as table stakes and a starting point at most, rather than the silver bullet/checklist item that other companies seem to see it as. Recruiting also cares deeply and is closely partnered with leadership. Diversity metrics are fully available internally and regularly updated. - Every other person is among the best around and yet very humble. They're all clearly experienced and capable, even as they go out of their way to help you. The hiring process selects for highly capable people who are also actively warm and kind, and it shows in the daily interactions around the office. - Tech bros clearly don't belong here. Need I say more? Well, actually, I'll say a little more. I have yet to hear "bro" or "bruh" in all my time here so far. There are no ping-pong tables or a permanent games room (though people sometimes set-up Smash or board games after work). There is alcohol, but people only drink it in the evenings, and it tends to be a classy dinner with wine.” – Full Review