Stripe Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

2.7

Manager Interview

Interview

I initially was connected via LinkedIn and had one phone screen with the recruiter that went extremely well. The recruiter said multiple times that she thought someone was playing an April Fools joke on her because my background was that strong of a fit. The screen lasted only about 15 minutes before she said the next step would be to speak with the hiring manager ASAP and to expect that to happen over the next few days.

A scheduled interview with the HM ended up getting canceled because the HM couldn't make it. I instead spoke with the person who most recently did my work and the conversation went fine I thought.

I emailed the recruiter to let her know I was looking forward to hearing back on next steps. After a few days of no response, I reached back out to see if there was any feedback and to confirm my availability over the next week to speak with the HM or come into the office if they wished to continue. Again, no response. One last email was sent a few days later with still no response.

Clearly they ended up thinking I was not an ideal fit and I respect their decision. But to go radio silent is extremely unprofessional and for that to be the face of the company for candidates is an terrible marketing tool. I've mentioned this to a few friends of mine that the company looks great but their HR or recruiting team seem to lack the basic decorum.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

1. Initial phone screening 2. Three onsite interviews - Tech, Role play and hiring mgr interview , if successful then one more site lead interview F2F then over to another onsite (US) for a day long interview. Overall i felt they arent clear on what type of candidate they are looking for ! Its surprising that during interview they don't appreciate honest, practical and transparent answers rather expect fantasy answers ! Ex. Why are you applying to this job and not to big companies? if you answer on the theme of growth, risk & reward then you are screwed rather try answering relation to great culture, great product , great leadership blah blah .... overall their interview process is not fair, poor interviewing skills & no sync between US and Dublin team(power politics) and they compare themselves as equal to big tech company in recruiting terms(not referring to HR but tech/mgrs here) but in reality they have a long way to go . Additionally they have deputed few senior developers from US to Dublin office to speed up recruit but guess is not helping as jobs are unfilled even after months. Advice them to revisit their interview process (training to Managers and Leads are required) instead of wasting candidates time, often reported that junior or inexperienced team member asked to interview senior ppl role on experience, role play and situation type question !

Interview Questions

• 1.Mostly about experience, tools used, handling team members , why stripe etc ... , 2. Technical question on automation and industry trends   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2019.

Interview

Easy enough, multiple stages with no particular rules evident to applicant as to how many interviews you may need to have.
    This part was ok.
    The most disgraceful thing was the applicant experience overall.
    During 4(or 5 - lost count) of interviews I needed to prompt for the next stage or next steps. No applicant support during the whole process and after.
    After is even worst. As soon as they lost interest in you - its a black hole. No response about feedback of any sort. They promised the feedback no matter what the outcome is.
    Reality is different - you feel like wasted material

Interview Questions

• Play the facilitator role in the technical discussion   2 Answers
    • History of the company and how stripe gained success   2 Answers
    • What drives you and what inspires you   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview
    Onsite Visit (Dublin)
    Onsite Visit (San Francisco)

Fantastic people to deal with from start to finish. Ultimate professionals, difficult process but always put at ease to ask any questions throughout. The team asked questions that really made you think.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about setting up a new centre for Stripe in an emerging market?   Answer Question