Stripe Product Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Product Support Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Seattle, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

Well... as of today (August 17th, 2019) there are 14 reviews from other Glassdoor users who have interviewed at Stripe for the Product Support Specialist position. Out of those 14 candidates, only 1 candidate received a job offer.

Most of the complaints that candidates have mentioned about their interview process advise that they were rejected shortly after they submitted the writing assignment. I wish I could say I had a different experience, but unfortunately, I cannot.

I had a very successful phone interview with the recruiter for the initial screen. After speaking with the recruiter about my relevant experience, she scheduled me for a 45-minute phone interview with a member of the Product Support team.

My phone interview with the Support Specialist was very successful and I received excellent feedback from the recruiter about how much the Support Specialist enjoyed learning about my previous work experience and how I would be a great fit for the role.

Based on the feedback, the recruiter advised the next step would be a written assignment which was to be submitted within 48 hours.

I put forth my best effort to research this company's processes in order to successfully answer each of their questions in the assignment. The assignment consisted of 5 support-related questions, which took me about 4 hours to complete because the assignment is impossible to complete without doing thorough research about how their support team manages their customer's.

The recruiter told me that "the assignment shouldn't take more than 1-2 hours", but in reality, it was more like 4 + hours!

After I submitted my assignment, I did not hear back from the recruiter until 2 weeks later. I had to reach out to her to request a status update, and she replied that same day advising me that they would not be moving forward with my candidacy. She did not provide any feedback as to why they had rejected me.

I was certainly shocked that I was rejected after submitting this assignment because my answers were very well thought out, grammatically correct, empathetic about the customer's situation, mindful of Stripe's protocols, and it was obvious that I put a lot of effort into each of my answers. Additionally, I have several years of experience in support related roles, so I naturally have plenty of experience successfully writing emails /responding to customers.

I am disappointed about the way this interview process was handled, and I do not think that it is respectful for Stripe's recruitment team to avoid providing their candidates with feedback after one has completed their lengthy written assignments.

We (candidates) are putting forth our best effort and giving you our valuable time to be tested on skills for you to determine if we are competent enough to perform well in the respective role.

The least you could do is help us by providing feedback so we know how we might have fallen short in the interview process and so we can use that information to improve in our future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you used data to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Product Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Did a phone screen about my background and then was giving a writing test. I was sent a rejection letter after the writing test. I’ve been doing email tech support all my life, so was pretty shocked to see I was rejected. They really must want you to write in a very specific way because everyone seems to be rejected at the writing test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received great customer service   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe in December 2018.

Interview

30 mins screening phone call interview with the recruiter, just basic questions regarding interest for the role and previous experience. Slightly longer phone call interview with someone else in the company, discussing further previous experience and behavioral questions. Written responses are the next round. Followed by the final round of a 4 hour interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered bad service from a company. What would you have done differently.   1 Answer

Product Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

Initial communication was a 30 min. Phone screen with HR. Asked basic questions about experience, it was a good fit so decided to move forward.

Next step was a writing exercise. They give you 5 customer questions and want to see how you answer them. Some were very detailed, I don’t know how they expect you to answer them knowing nothing about the product. They did give me a contact to reach out to if I had any questions during the exercise, he introduced himself initially but never responded to any of my emails.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, why stripe, why do you want to leave your current company? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (Seattle, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter set up a phone screen for a conversational interview. This was pretty easy where she had asked me a couple behavioral and scenario type questions. I then received a writing sample with five support type questions that needed to be submitted within the next few days.
    Recruiter had emailed me and cc'd one of the User Ops team members to be available in case I had any questions.
    The writing exercise was fairly straightforward as long as you use the documentation and resources available on their website. I submitted it the very next day and did not hear back until the following week saying I wasn't moving forward. A bit confused as to how I could've responded better to the writing prompt and still unsure as to where I slipped up. It seems as though they're looking for a very specific type of candidate as many of the interviews I've seen here for User Ops end up in rejection after the writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Scenario type question where "a client reaches out saying they haven't received payment yet." How would you troubleshoot this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

After submitting my resume, Stripe properly scheduled a phone screen within a weeks time. It appeared to me that stripe was on a bit of a hiring frenzy.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Seattle, WA).

Interview

My experience with Stripe was awesome throughout the interview process. They do a fantastic job of preparing you for the next steps, especially the on-site, as you go through the pipeline. Like any other company of a similar caliber, you can expect a longer interview cycle that will really challenge your skills and personal character along the way. In general the steps were: apply online, short screening call with your recruiter, support writing sample to complete on your own, 45 min phone interview with hiring manager, ~4 hours of interviews with the team in the Seattle office.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stripe in June 2017.

Interview

After passing the initial phone interview, I was asked to complete a writing assignment. The assignment itself wasn't too difficult but they asked questions that were vague and stuff only a person who works there would know but I feel like I gave pretty good responses.
    I was asked to submit the answers before Friday and I finished and submitted it on a Tuesday. I didn't hear anything back and literally had to email them 4 times until someone said "you should be hearing back early next week....." Well come Wednesday I emailed back and nothing... Then I emailed them again Friday and finally they respond saying I thanks but no thanks basically.
    I feel this is something they could have told me 6 or 7 days ago. I also feel that if I wasn't hounding them, they wouldn't have ever got back to me. Bad experience.

Interview Questions

• About 5 questions regarding support   1 Answer

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

3 interview stages - 2 phone calls and technical written exam. I got an automated email response after the third round, which was pretty poor from a company like Stripe. I expected some feedback or at the very least a phone call :-)

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were quite general and informal, nothing you haven't heard before. Describe your current role; projects you worked on, Issues encountered and how you solved them etc.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2018.

Interview

The role is essentially a customer support role, however, there is a ridiculous amount of stages attached to the interview process.

1. A phone screen with the recruiter - this is easy and enough and she was nice
    2. A 1-hour interview with a member of the team - again not too bad but completely unnecessary in my opinion.
    3. I was then sent a written project task, where you had to showcase how you would reply to customers. This completely put me off the role itself as the same queries they sent you were things like "WHERE IS MY MONEY NOW". I did it and sent it back, the next day I received an email to say I wasn't successful, which was fine.

Everybody was nice and professional but there were another two further rounds after the written project. The process for what is essentially a customer support job is a bit ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• You have to set up a customer support center in Japan, how would you go about this?   Answer Question