Stripe Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was connected to the hiring manager via a mutual connection. Had a phone call with the hiring manager, went up to the office and met the hiring manager in person, had a phone call with a technical recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a difficult hiring manager you've worked with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2018.

Interview

I was found on linked in by one of their recruiters asking if I would be interested in talking.

When my caller was 10 minutes late during our scheduled time I emailed my original contact asking if we were still on or if we needed to reschedule. The recruiter finally did call and we chatted for 20 minutes and said she would follow up later with next steps.

At the end of the day I got an email from my original contact saying she was sorry the recruiter missed our call, she was dealing with a fire and can we reschedule? (What? We ended up talking. Why lie about putting out a fire. Did they communicate at all?)

Next I got an email at 9pm on a Sunday asking to schedule my next interview. This is a huge red flag as work/life balance is important to a candidate.

I scheduled the call anyway and spoke with the hiring manager. We had a horrible phone connection which can change the tone of a call to the negative but otherwise I thought it went ok.

I got an email later that day saying they would not move forward.

All in all, I was very excited about the opportunity as first but I don't think it's the place for me. They are obviously busy and short staffed so I hope they find what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on that failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through AngelList and received an email reply within 2 days of my application. I spent 30 minutes on a phone call with Lizz, and about 1 1/2 hours with Danielle and Heather interviewing in person, which involved a resume walk through, company core-value relevant questions and a hands on project that was designed to reflect a day in the life.

The entire team was super prompt with response time, enthusiastic, incredibly thoughtful, detail oriented and most importantly - transparent. They were very respectful and sincere throughout their process. It was clear that they are deeply invested in a positive 'candidate experience'; they placed as much value on building a strong relationship with me, as they did on vetting and qualifying me for a critical role in scaling Stripe.

We did not move forward because my career path and their current needs were not in alignment at that point in time. What really stood out to me in the process was their willingness to be flexible in considering creating a role that would leverage my skills, while continue to diversify their talent acquisition team's expertise, in a meaningful way for both of us.

Stripe is a company that places an incredible amount of emphasis on culture, transparency and relationship-building. Interviewing with Recruiters as a Recruiter, I can say this crew is solid! Whether you are looking to be a part of the Talent Team, or Stripe as a whole, you will be ridiculously lucky to join! I would highly recommend the company (and already have to friends!). Portland is very fortunate to have them joining the community in their next office launch!

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

Professional, organized, personable. This company wants recruiters who are strong story tellers around process improvement and racial diversity (have good stories prepared for these topics). Speaking to your sourcing and closing abilities isn't valued during this interview process.