Stripe Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

3.1

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

took about 4 hours, included lunch with a team member, really easy process and enjoyable. everyone on the panel was great and made me feel like i wasn't just there to fill a role

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (Seattle, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

The first phone screen was fairly simple and straight forward. I was moved on to the second phone screen where they ask a lot more situational questions. Even though I did not get the job, the recruiter I was working with was very professional and even offered to connect me with the hiring team of a different position. I was left with a very positive impression of Stripe.

Interview Questions

• A candidate is scheduled to come in for an interview to meet with the hiring manager. The day of the interview comes, and the hiring manager is nowhere to be found. What do you do and explain your thought process.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

I applied online and submitted a cover letter. Shortly after I received an email from a recruiter interested in setting up a phone interview. I submitted my availability and a few days later my interview was confirmed for the following week. I did my phone interview on my lunch at work and the recruiter was 7 minutes late calling me, which wasted time I could have spent eating. I proceeded with the phone interview in which the recruiter asking me prepared questions and gave short robotic scripted responses to everything I said. At the end of the interview she explained I would be getting a writing assignment due end of day a few days later and gave me tips on how to do well. After almost 2 days of not receiving the assignment, I emailed the recruiter with which I was responded with sorry, we aren’t actually moving forward with your candidacy. Don’t lie to people and waste their time. Be on time. Communicate. Recruiting is the initial face of the company, don’t show an ugly one. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend the company based on the unprofessional experience I had compared to other large tech companies I have interviewed with. Also, just based on my personal opinion from what I have read and experienced, Stripe seems to purposefully make their interview process extremely long and laborious to make themselves seem elite. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why Stripe, Why RC, *insert additional unoriginal questions*   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screen with Recruiting and then came onsite. I met with four people. The other RC, two recruiters that the role would be supporting and the head of talent/people. The first three interviews were fine. They asked about prior experience, what draws you to company, your long term goals in recruiting and how you manage push back from requests from recruiters that might be incorrect. The last interview wasn't great. He clearly didn't want to be there and just said, 'I've got to make this short, do you have any quick questions I can answer?' I asked one about recruiting operations and what projects do they see role taking on beyond the scope of traditional RC work. He gave a short answer of 'well maybe you're getting ahead of yourself' and then said, 'anything else?' and I said, 'nope, I'm all good' and he got up quickly, summoned the other RC to come back to wrap up the interview and quickly left.

They asked for my references but I ultimately didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What from your prior experience did you learn from that helped you become better as an RC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Screening: pretty straightforward basic get to know you questions. ex: Why Stripe?

2. Writing Sample: Tricky, scenario based questions. Not bad, they provide tools to draw on. Just make sure you can write clearly and concise.

3. Onsite Skills Test:
    Part 1: Overall test was okay, they need to improve the format. Not very clear, easy but misleading. I think what's most important here is how quickly you can complete the task, which is sorta a shame because the content should be just as important as efficiency. Mainly scheduling questions and prioritization.
    Part 2: Meet with a recruiter, not too tough just want to know more about you.

4. Onsite meet with different recruiters and hiring managers, lunch with a coordinator included.

Overall great experience and friendly team. Beware, they drag on the hiring process when it really doesn't need to be that long. Would still recommend.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? How do you prioritize work? Why Recruiting?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

One phone interview and an online written assignment with scenarios such as sending bad news emails to job applicants. I did not make it past the written assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was connected with a Recruiter and had two phone screens before a lengthy writing assignment. I would consider this a relatively lengthy interview process especially in comparison to other companies. Every person I spoke to was very kind and communicative throughout the process though which I appreciated.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stripe in February 2018.

Interview

The recruiter was kind and kept me up to date on the timeline and when there were delays. I did a phone screen and written project (objective: compose responses to individuals looking to work at stripe/getting denied by stripe/etc). I was then told by the recruiter that they were not moving forward with me. I really wanted to know why because I thought my responses were spot on, so I asked her for feedback on what I could improve on but haven’t received anything in return. I understand that they want to focus their attention on potential candidates but I feel that ignoring my request for feedback goes against everything they try to claim they are as a company — inclusive, innovative, striving to serve as a beacon of knowledge and exceptionalism. A simple email saying that they didn’t have time to provide feedback would be alright, but to go silent on me was insult to injury. I really respect stripe as a company and wanted to know what I can improve on so that I can one day apply again. Unfortunately, the ending of this experience has turned me off quite a bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to for a phone interview. I was given a better overview of Stripe and the position itself. The interview process normally consists of 1. Phone Interview, 2. Onsite Skills Interview, 3. Written Project, 4. Final Onsite. I was told I would be moving forward and was given the written project and skills interview scheduled immediately after the phone interview due to a tight timeline. The written project consists of a lot of email scenarios that you have to craft a response to. The onsite skills interview was only 1.5 hours long and consisted of speaking with a RC who gave me a scheduling and prioritization exercise to do and speaking with a tech recruiter. Within 1 business day, I was told I would be moving forward in the process to the final onsite interview which consisted of speaking with 4 different members of the team and an informal lunch with a RC. I thought the interviews were pretty simple with some creative questions. I also really liked that they ended the onsite with lunch where you got to speak a bit more informally with someone on the team. Unfortunately, I was told I would not be receiving an offer by the next day. Disappointed to hear and a bit frustrated that I was not given any feedback as to how they came to that conclusion given the time spent. Overall, fairly positive experience minus the lack of feedback.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, writing assignment, two part onsite until I received an offer. The recruiting team was very welcoming and gave me a glimpse of the recruiting coordinator role. I felt that the interviews replicated real scenarios that I've come across in the role. Overall, would recommend this role to anyone - recruiting experience or not!

Interview Questions

• Questions around process improvements, working alongside a team, how you work under pressure   Answer Question