Stripe Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

2.3

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2015.

Interview

Did not apply, as I spoke with a recruiter at a college fair. I had a thirty minute phone screen, which was a formality as mine was scheduled right before this step was phased out and so consisted of an explanation of the interview process and a chance for me to ask questions. Had a one hour tech screen over Skype. They allow you to Google any questions you may have and are also there to provide help with whatever you may need, but they expect you to be properly set up in your environment (helpful to have started a project prior) and to be able to be productive in that environment.

Interview Questions

• Write nextServerNumber(int[]) which takes a list of numbers and returns the smallest number within [1, infinity), that is not included in the list.

nextServerNumber([1]) = 2
    nextServerNumber([1,2,5]) = 3
    nextServerNumber([]) = 1   2 Answers
  • Create a ServerManager class with the functions allocate(string) and deallocate(string) to the following specifications:

allocate('apibox') = 'apibox1'
    allocate('apibox') = 'apibox2'
    allocate('sitebox') = 'sitebox1'
    allocate('apibox') = 'apibox3'

deallocate('apibox2')

allocate('apibox') = 'apibox2'   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Software Developer Interview

Interview

As a technical interviewer, I don’t care whether your answer is optimal, per se. I care about the signal you’re sending. That is what interviewers should always be about: the signal, not what literally happens.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlín (El Salvador)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (Berlín (El Salvador)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for a development job advertised as requiring broad development skills. My resume shows me as being an experienced engineer and also shows my educational background quite well. I was asked into a phone interview with screen sharing where I was supposed to implement a certain, artificial functionality. The interviewer expected one specific approach to be used, and the whole interview was then revolving about me not having his idea. He then went on to ask a few basic CS questions about my approach, but apparently he lost interest in me early in the process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online and completed the hackerrank and received a skype interview the week after which included multiple increasing levels to an algorithm question. Rejected a week later and did not receive on-site.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of maps and a key return the map with the lowest corresponding value.   Answer Question