Stroz Friedberg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stroz Friedberg Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.8

Cyber Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career site and got contacted about a week later to do a 30 min skype interview. Interviewed by one recruiter and one member of a cyber business unit.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was phone screening by recruiter and then the on site interview by the hiring manager. There was a back ground check which was very detailed. It should have been more simple background check. They ask for your pay stubs.

Desktop Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

This review isn't for the interview but the application process itself that includes well over 100 fields. Their online form uses your resume file to gather your basics like name and contact info, and does this well. Yet it inexplicably fails to auto-populate any of your prior experience, titles, or other info. Stroz Friedberg apparently believes candidates have nothing better to do than copy and paste everything that is already in their resumes to their mind-numbing forms. So much for being a "internationally-known consulting firm in the areas of digital detective work and cybersecurity" if they can't handle parsing basic Word docs.

Even worse, they require a compensation field, which I put as 'private'. As a rule a company or recruiter will want to know this info to keep you at a similar salary, so it is against your interest to give it to them. And not just for your latest role but for anything you list. Started as an hourly Geek? They need to know if you made that extra 50 cents an hour.

To top off this invasive and insulting process, they ask at the tail end for three references. I only listed 'on request' because there's no need to share that info prior to any communication back from this "internationally-known consulting firm" that no one has ever heard of. I don't recall ever seeing a cover letter field, but assuming they know "digital detective work" it is as unnecessary as all the other forms.

A few days later I got an email telling me I wasn't selected. I'm glad, they probably would have needed my blood type to phone screen me.

Desktop Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens and an in person interview.

The questions were all Linux based questions and some networking questions. The team seemed like great people and really friendly to work with.

I ended up getting an offer contingent on a background check. However, they declined me for reasons unknown (I do not have a criminal background and my credit is fair). So, I am inclined to think that they either denied me based on credit or my ethnicity (I am half Egyptian). Do not waste your time dealing with this unethical and possibly racist organization.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic networking questions: What is a subnet, DNS server vs DHCP, differences between SMTP and POP.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was contingent on a background check. My advice to give is don't bother wasting your time as I have. They did not give me a reason why I did not pass nor did they provide me with documentation to contest what areas I failed (which is illegal in the state I am in).

Cyber Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

They pay for you to go to the office for 1 day with 3 interviews. One was behavioral, one was technical, and the last was working with a group to solve a problem and then presenting it.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from your peers to show you should have this job?   Answer Question

Cybersecurity Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Video call. It was a first round and the interviewers were in remote locations. I think the HR was ready to interview, but the technical recruiter was more biased and did not even ask a single question. Just asked my preference about a particular position.

Interview Questions

• All the questions where basically testing social skills. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Digital Forensics Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Few behavioral questions followed by some technical questions. Interview concluded with an outline of the next steps in the interview process. The interview was conducted over a private video chat session with a representative from Talent Acquisition and a representative of the Forensics Department. Overall a good experience, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a phishing scam to a lay person?   Answer Question

Digital Forensics Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then office interview with three employees. Started with a tour and then individual interviews. Finished with a group exercise. Then it only took about two weeks to hear back for a job offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview was quite unpleasant and uncomfortable. The interviewer seemed quite preoccupied and I could tell that several times throughout the interview she was distracted and put me on speaker phone and was not interested at all in what I had to say. That was over a month ago and they are still advertising on linkedin for EA's, perhaps they should consider who is interviewing potential candidates and that's could be the problem why they supposedly have several open EA positions. She is absolutely a bad representation of Stroz Friedberg

Due Diligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do a short phone interview. The woman who interviewed me was a little rude and snooty. She was very short with me and acted as if I had no place in even being considered for a job with the company, which was confusing to me since she was the one who had reached out to set up the interview in the first place. She also told me that I had applied for a Spanish language position, even though I am sure that I did not (I even went back to look at my application - no mention of any Spanish fluency requirement). Overall, it was not a positive experience and I would not want to work for this company.