Stroz Friedberg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the director of recruiting and then an in-person interview with two junior recruiters and their head of HR. All very professional and friendly. Very straightforward interview process as far as questions go. Nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not a grilling session by any means.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the top three things you look for in a candidate.   Answer Question

Cyber Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career site and got contacted about a week later to do a 30 min skype interview. Interviewed by one recruiter and one member of a cyber business unit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

WebEx Interview followed by invitation to NY office. The phone interview was just telling them about me and the projects that I have worked on and some coursework related to the roll. In the new york office there was a lab tour followed by lunch with employees and 3 interviews one hour each and finally a group activity. The first interview was a behavioral one, asking why I chose the company and why this line of work etc. The second one was supposed to be technical, but it just was more like a repeat of my phone interview except that it had a little paper based IQ test at the beginning. My third interview was with a lady and had a really good/open conversation about the various issues related to IT Security in general. We were given a small task in the group exercise about a breach and were asked to solve it in 20 mins and given 20 mins to present. Took about 2 weeks for them to announce the result.

Interview Questions

• Why Stroz Friedberg ? This was asked by all the three interviewers, so make sure u have a damn good answer to this one   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in CyberSecurity/Forensics ?   Answer Question
    • If you have work experience, they ask you to talk about your projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied Online.
    First Round - Webex Interview with one HR and one On-site Forensics Engineer- asked about interests, projects and resume based questions.
    Final Round- Onsite Interview. back to back 3 interviews - One Security Situational, One logical and Analytical, One Behavioral and a presentation round to come up with solutions in a group. There was lunch before the interviews followed by a lab tour.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was phone screening by recruiter and then the on site interview by the hiring manager. There was a back ground check which was very detailed. It should have been more simple background check. They ask for your pay stubs.

Desktop Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

This review isn't for the interview but the application process itself that includes well over 100 fields. Their online form uses your resume file to gather your basics like name and contact info, and does this well. Yet it inexplicably fails to auto-populate any of your prior experience, titles, or other info. Stroz Friedberg apparently believes candidates have nothing better to do than copy and paste everything that is already in their resumes to their mind-numbing forms. So much for being a "internationally-known consulting firm in the areas of digital detective work and cybersecurity" if they can't handle parsing basic Word docs.

Even worse, they require a compensation field, which I put as 'private'. As a rule a company or recruiter will want to know this info to keep you at a similar salary, so it is against your interest to give it to them. And not just for your latest role but for anything you list. Started as an hourly Geek? They need to know if you made that extra 50 cents an hour.

To top off this invasive and insulting process, they ask at the tail end for three references. I only listed 'on request' because there's no need to share that info prior to any communication back from this "internationally-known consulting firm" that no one has ever heard of. I don't recall ever seeing a cover letter field, but assuming they know "digital detective work" it is as unnecessary as all the other forms.

A few days later I got an email telling me I wasn't selected. I'm glad, they probably would have needed my blood type to phone screen me.

Desktop Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens and an in person interview.

The questions were all Linux based questions and some networking questions. The team seemed like great people and really friendly to work with.

I ended up getting an offer contingent on a background check. However, they declined me for reasons unknown (I do not have a criminal background and my credit is fair). So, I am inclined to think that they either denied me based on credit or my ethnicity (I am half Egyptian). Do not waste your time dealing with this unethical and possibly racist organization.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic networking questions: What is a subnet, DNS server vs DHCP, differences between SMTP and POP.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was contingent on a background check. My advice to give is don't bother wasting your time as I have. They did not give me a reason why I did not pass nor did they provide me with documentation to contest what areas I failed (which is illegal in the state I am in).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

They pay for you to go to the office for 1 day with 3 interviews. One was behavioral, one was technical, and the last was working with a group to solve a problem and then presenting it.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from your peers to show you should have this job?   Answer Question

Cybersecurity Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Video call. It was a first round and the interviewers were in remote locations. I think the HR was ready to interview, but the technical recruiter was more biased and did not even ask a single question. Just asked my preference about a particular position.

Interview Questions

• All the questions where basically testing social skills. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Digital Forensics Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stroz Friedberg (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Few behavioral questions followed by some technical questions. Interview concluded with an outline of the next steps in the interview process. The interview was conducted over a private video chat session with a representative from Talent Acquisition and a representative of the Forensics Department. Overall a good experience, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a phishing scam to a lay person?   Answer Question