Stryker Biomedical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Biomedical Engineer

Stryker Biomedical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Luis Obispo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

For an internship, there are several interviews. The first is typically at the career fair, where they select people for on-campus interviews. The on campus interview was a short interview, one-on-one with a rep asking pretty basic questions and a rapid fire round. The next interview is over the phone with the polling company Gallup. After that one is a series of on-site interviews. After each interview, they down-select their candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

I applied for the internship at a college career fair, and the process was fairly quick. About a week or two after submitting your resume, I interviewed with a current employee. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and maybe 1 or 2 engineering concept questions. My interviewer was very nice overall. They really emphasize "being a good fit" for the company and finding a place for you within the company that fits your interests and personality.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest engineering topic you've learned thus far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Davis, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Met them at the career fair. They were asking a series of questions that they were required to ask and didn't seem to interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself competitively?   1 Answer

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university, initially in September but concluded the interview in February. I did an in person interview at my university in late September which I thought went well. I waited for a response and never received one. I spoke to them again when they came back to campus for spring recruiting and they seemed surprised I never received a response. I was then given an hour long personality interview through Gallup. A week afterwards, I received an email saying I was no longer in consideration for the job.

Interview Questions

• Is it better to be good at many things or exceptional at one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

The first step is a phone call from the head of the internship program. It's very simple- an interview to get to know you and get a feel for your personality. It was only about 10-15 minutes. Low stress, fairly easy questions.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter seemed more nervous to interview me than I was to meet them at a career fair. He was unable to make eye contact and kept fumbling the questions. He asked me for my resume after already receiving a copy.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2018.

Interview

First a 30 minute behavioral interview, followed by a 45 minute Gallup Test. They then flew out for an on site interview with different engineering teams . My first interviewer remained my contact point throughout the entire process and was wonderful.

Interview Questions

• Describe an engineering concept you found confusing and how would you simplify it   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Interview

Only went through initial round. Recruiter was very nice and asked basic questions. Simple behavioral interview. I felt like it went really well but I didnt' get an offer becasue I applied too late.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Moscow, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview that lasted about 30 min. then I had a phone interview which lasted about an hour. I then was flown out to an on-site interview which consisted of many shorter interviews. After that they were very quick to get back to me. The beginning part of the interview process was very long.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you (1-10)
      Describe a project you worked on that failed and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

I overall liked the environment at Stryker and the employees were welcoming and nice. I especially enjoyed that they were extremely quick at responding. I went through 3 interviews and unfortunately did not get the position, but overall, the company is somewhere I look forward to applying to again in the future.