Stryker DESIGN Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker DESIGN Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.7

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Mostly personality based questions. close to 50-60 gallup based interview questions. all asking the same questions in different ways to see what you say or respond. Answer truthfully cause its a kind of personality that they are looking to hire. Go over all the basic Analog electronic theory (transistors, diodes, crystals, op-amps, voltage regulators, power supplies etc) and a little bit of logic gate theory. On the spot description of their current product will be required. Description of a problem and on the spot engineering solution will be asked of. Be well aware of what is on your resume. Don't BS.

Interview Questions

• Personality related questions were tough. Always be confident and stay on top of the interviewer. They are looking at your confidence.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Carrollton, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with HR was upbeat and focused on attitudes about situations and how things made me feel. The next phone interview with the hiring manager seemed uninterested from the start after the hiring manager missed the initial interview date. After that I got a rejection letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was how I dealt with stress.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR, Personality Profile conducted, 1-on-1 phone interview with potential manager and finally an on-site interview with 8 different people for 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Given a current product and told to determine possible causes/modes of failure on-the-spot.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

Der Personaler kontaktierte mich und vereinbarte ein Telefoninterview in 5 Tagen. Nachdem er sich nach einer Woche nicht meldete, fragt ich nach und bekam spontan mitgeteilt, er habe sich während der Nachfrage dazu entschieden mit mir "weiterzumachen" und vereinbarte einen Termin zum Gallup-Interview. 2 persönliche Treffen werden bei Bestehen des Gallup-Interviews folgen.

Interview Questions

• Nehmen Sie gerne Einfluss auf andere?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied online, received an email 2 weeks later to setup a phone interview with a recruiter from HR. It lasted ~30 min and consisted of very general behavioral questions. The following week I did a second phone interview with a principle engineer that was far more technical. It was about an hour and consisted of questions about past experiences as well as 3 "riddles" or spatial reasoning questions that definitely required some thinking. Third round was the Gallup Personality test over the phone (over an hour long and incredibly mentally draining). After passing that I got flown out for a site visit which lasted all day. Met with various managers, senior engineers and HR personnel that asked a range of questions from past experiences to behavioral to more riddles and technical design challenges. Finally, the week after the interview they contacted me again with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Alot of behavioral questions. hard to say if i did well or not. but was rejected after the gallup.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Interview

I received an email from a staffing agency for the position of design engineer in Stryker Medical. I sent my resume to them and that's how the process started.
    The very first interview was the Pre-Technical round. It was a telephonic interview, which lasted about 15-20 minutes. In this round they want to know your level of technical knowledge. If one clears this round, one will get call for the next round.
    The second round was Pre-Gallup round, which tests the psychometric ability of the candidate. It is also a phone interview. There are a lot of YES/NO type questions, but one has to justify one's answer giving examples from work-experience.
    The third round was Main-Gallup round, which was again a telephonic one. This call was form Gallup organization and was very similar to the second round, the only difference is this is a recorded call and they analyse your answers.
    Once you are through in this round, you will be asked to appear for Face to face interview (may be on Skype). I went to their office in person for this round.
    The face-to-face round would be of pure technical type and it would last probably 2-2.5 hours.
    The next round is HR interview.
    Finally, an interaction with the Director and if you are through, you will be asked for salary negotiation.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was:

-Initial phone screening
    -In person interview with the HM, their directer and the HR rep
    -Gallup interview
    -Offer

Overall, a positive experience. The HR rep was quite friendly and helpful. The Gallup interview was by far the hardest part of the process. It's a tough interview and Stryker weighs its result heavily. This could quite frustrating for a well qualified candidate but who doesn't "fit" the Strkyer mould.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best? Or do your best?   2 Answers

Better offer from another company.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Phone interview, phone Gallup interview (psychological), 3-hour in-person interview with 4-6 people

Interview Questions

• Gallup psychological interview   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

Long process (approx. 25 days) having an overall 7-8 interviews.
    2-3 telephonic rounds and 4-5 face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked for so no negotiation.