Stryker Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Carrollton, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with HR was upbeat and focused on attitudes about situations and how things made me feel. The next phone interview with the hiring manager seemed uninterested from the start after the hiring manager missed the initial interview date. After that I got a rejection letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was how I dealt with stress.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly in depth. It starts with a basic phone call with HR, followed by an in depth personality screen through the Gallup organization. If all goes well, an onsite interview with several cross-functional team members rounds out the process.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Mostly personality based questions. close to 50-60 gallup based interview questions. all asking the same questions in different ways to see what you say or respond. Answer truthfully cause its a kind of personality that they are looking to hire. Go over all the basic Analog electronic theory (transistors, diodes, crystals, op-amps, voltage regulators, power supplies etc) and a little bit of logic gate theory. On the spot description of their current product will be required. Description of a problem and on the spot engineering solution will be asked of. Be well aware of what is on your resume. Don't BS.

Interview Questions

• Personality related questions were tough. Always be confident and stay on top of the interviewer. They are looking at your confidence.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Phone interview, phone Gallup interview (psychological), 3-hour in-person interview with 4-6 people

Interview Questions

• Gallup psychological interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview started with the standard Stryker phone interview involving the gallup section that Stryker is known for as well as phone interviews with HR and a senior level engineer. I was told rather quickly after my phone interviews that I was accepted onto the next phase which included an on site interview. The one site interview was very fast and lasted only 4 hours total. Of that time, questions were directed at my background and experience for maybe 15 minutes. Everything else was focused on problem solving, group dynamics, and presentation skills. Because of this, the in person interview is almost impossible to train for. I would practice brainstorming activities and focus on timing your calculations and presenting your results at the end in preparations. Definately one of the most challenging interviews I had, but it was also interesting and fun.

Interview Questions

• An existing product was presented and I was asked to redesign a sub assembly to perform a different task. I was then asked to rate my designs against the solutions they came up with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Styker makes quick decisions and the negotation phase was not exception.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Alot of behavioral questions. hard to say if i did well or not. but was rejected after the gallup.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR, Personality Profile conducted, 1-on-1 phone interview with potential manager and finally an on-site interview with 8 different people for 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Given a current product and told to determine possible causes/modes of failure on-the-spot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied online, received an email 2 weeks later to setup a phone interview with a recruiter from HR. It lasted ~30 min and consisted of very general behavioral questions. The following week I did a second phone interview with a principle engineer that was far more technical. It was about an hour and consisted of questions about past experiences as well as 3 "riddles" or spatial reasoning questions that definitely required some thinking. Third round was the Gallup Personality test over the phone (over an hour long and incredibly mentally draining). After passing that I got flown out for a site visit which lasted all day. Met with various managers, senior engineers and HR personnel that asked a range of questions from past experiences to behavioral to more riddles and technical design challenges. Finally, the week after the interview they contacted me again with the offer.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (New Delhi (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

There were around 8 rounds.2 or 3 Mangerial & HR and others as Gallup & Technical.
    Technical round you should be more prepare for that with all your Skills and projects done

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join stryker   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Tidious, Multiple rounds, including the Psychometric rounds & technical interviews. Rounds were long & tidious. Starting with managerial interview with team manager, & team lead. Followed by the technicl round with team lead & senior design engineers.