Stryker Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stryker

3.2

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview was about a half hour long of extremely difficult questions. The interviewer seemed completely uninterested and was not friendly at all. Although I was not offered a position, the interviewer definitely did not seem like someone I would want to work with or for every day. This entire experience made me remember why I never bothered with Stryker before. They are looking for specific personality types and quickly write off anyone who does not meet that Type A criteria. My advice is to just be yourself because if they don't hire you, chances are it's not a place you would like to work anyways.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was with an HR recruiter, and was quite quick and easy. Made it to the next round with no issues, but didn't have much opportunity to detail work history and qualifications.

Second round was the Gallup interview: this is a very structured process where you answer what you are asked and nothing more, unless the interviewer asks for more information. Received an email a few days later noting that I wasn't a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker (Durham, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

On-campus interview after career fair.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. Would you like to lead or serve? Difficulties you overcame. What kind of help do your friends ask from you. Your strengths weaknesses. It was a very generic behavioral interview. They didn't even acknowledge the follow-up email. No one on campus got selected for next round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process:
    Initally contacted by recruiter
    Phone interview with recruiter; recruiter provided insight gathered from previous contacts with Stryker. Recruiter provided lists of types of questions Stryker asks during interviews.
    Initial 10 minute phone screening with Stryker HR. General questions were asked including why I was interested in Stryker, what I was doing in my current position, what can I contribute to Stryker.
    In depth phone interview with Stryker HR. Asked about previous professional successes. Asked about my working style (team based, alone with minimal supervision, alone)
    Gallup phone interview. Professional interviewer asking questions. I was not allowed to ask for clarification on question. Answers had to be to the question as asked.
    On site interviews (6 1-hour interviews, including lunch)
    Offer

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to Stryker?   1 Answer

Generally didn't "feel right". Salary was low compared to other offers for similar work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a one on one interview on campus with a recuiter, she asked me a series of questions from a sheet of paper. Simple behavoir questions she was not easy to talk to and didn't seem to really care. At the end she said " ok if you don't have any questions we are done here and you will hear from us thanks for coming, GOOD BYE"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

So far my impression of Stryker is wonderful. I have been contacted by 3 HR personnel; each has been positive, punctual, and clear in next steps. I began with an initial phone interview (15 minutes long), an interview with hiring manager (25 minutes long), and then a Gallup personality profile (45 minutes long). This is the point at which I am in the process. I hope they will have me on site to interview. I would love to see the facilities and learn more about the company culture!

Engineer Interview

Interview

Stryker uses Gallup to determine how you will fit into the position you are interviewing for. The profile is saved in you HR folder and reevaluated if you want to change roles throughout your career. The process is a marathon, not a sprint and there seemed to be tricks along the way to catch people off their game.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing out of the ordinary, besides the quantity of interviews and slight disorganization of the process   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Initial interview had about 20 rapid fire questions as a personality test. Stryker wants a specific personality type working for them; it was nervewracking during the questioning. Some questions were like, are you an organized person or disorganized? Type A or Type B personality? Etc. They tell you to answer honestly because, really, if you don't have the personality they want you wouldn't want to be working there. Then the next type of questioning (if I remember correctly) was about a product the interviewer placed in front of me and I had to describe its function, how to test if it worked, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to take leadership or are you more of a follower?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR person, then gallup interview, phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally an in person interview. The gallup interview was interesting, I needed to give a lot of examples from previous work and life experience. The in person interview was a long day but seemed well organized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview for about half an hour, Gallup interview took about an hour, 5-hour onsite interview with 9 different employees, the on-site interview was pretty long with almost 75% of the questions were the same for all interviewers.