Stryker Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.2

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I had one phone interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 30 minutes and felt more like a general screening. The conversation went very well and I was told I'd be invited on site for an in-person interview.

After two weeks of waiting I received a call that the intern they hired last year would be coming back instead and they no longer needed me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Engineer Interview

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR person, then gallup interview, phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally an in person interview. The gallup interview was interesting, I needed to give a lot of examples from previous work and life experience. The in person interview was a long day but seemed well organized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was very basic. Almost all personality questions and then one technical question. Be able to talk about everything on your resume in depth as they will ask you about those experiences as well.

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

- Campus info session
    - On campus interview - mostly behavioral with a brain teaser or two
    - Phone interview - Conducted through Gallup - sort of like a personality test
    - In person interview at office - met with 1 or 2 people from 4 different groups who asked a number of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When interviewing with the materials analysis group they gave me a broken metal hip and asked to describe what had happened and why it broke during surgery.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The interview was conducted by two people from a research and development division of the company. They came to my college campus to conduct the interview and it lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career fair, then was invited for an on-campus interview, a phone interview, then an on-site interview. Everything was fairly situational/behavioral, but the on-site interviews were more specific to the roles & the technical skills needed for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone you worked with. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview for about half an hour, Gallup interview took about an hour, 5-hour onsite interview with 9 different employees, the on-site interview was pretty long with almost 75% of the questions were the same for all interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

In depth interview. Recruiter screen, technical screen, then gallop. Was finished in a few weeks. Onsite was quick. Offer letter followed within a week. 4 week process start to finish

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The first part of the interview was questions that you are supposed to answer with a single word response and no additional explanation. Then there were some questions about why they should hire you and they wanted you to explain your answer. Then the interviewer asked about more technical things like the details of past projects.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are better than your peers? Explain a time when you were the best.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

First was college recruiter, face to face interview, basic questions. Then was the gallup phone interview which was about an hour. Mostly yes or no but asked to go into further detail on some answers. Last was on site and met with several engineers. Long interviewing process.