Stryker Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2016

3.3

Engineer Interview

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR person, then gallup interview, phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally an in person interview. The gallup interview was interesting, I needed to give a lot of examples from previous work and life experience. The in person interview was a long day but seemed well organized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The interview was conducted by two people from a research and development division of the company. They came to my college campus to conduct the interview and it lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview for about half an hour, Gallup interview took about an hour, 5-hour onsite interview with 9 different employees, the on-site interview was pretty long with almost 75% of the questions were the same for all interviewers.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The first part of the interview was questions that you are supposed to answer with a single word response and no additional explanation. Then there were some questions about why they should hire you and they wanted you to explain your answer. Then the interviewer asked about more technical things like the details of past projects.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are better than your peers? Explain a time when you were the best.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

First was college recruiter, face to face interview, basic questions. Then was the gallup phone interview which was about an hour. Mostly yes or no but asked to go into further detail on some answers. Last was on site and met with several engineers. Long interviewing process.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview was about a half hour long of extremely difficult questions. The interviewer seemed completely uninterested and was not friendly at all. Although I was not offered a position, the interviewer definitely did not seem like someone I would want to work with or for every day. This entire experience made me remember why I never bothered with Stryker before. They are looking for specific personality types and quickly write off anyone who does not meet that Type A criteria. My advice is to just be yourself because if they don't hire you, chances are it's not a place you would like to work anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was with an HR recruiter, and was quite quick and easy. Made it to the next round with no issues, but didn't have much opportunity to detail work history and qualifications.

Second round was the Gallup interview: this is a very structured process where you answer what you are asked and nothing more, unless the interviewer asks for more information. Received an email a few days later noting that I wasn't a good fit.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Employee I know gave me resume to recruiter, Initial phone interview with recruiter about 15 minutes. Pretty basic, get to know you/why want to work here/some gallup questions (eg. on a scale of 1-10 how organized are you). Then had gallup interview a week later over phone, about 30 minutes even though said it would take an hour. Asked for follow up on about 80% of questions (eg. do you handle conflict well? Give situation where you did). Next step was on-site interview a few weeks later

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Career Fair interview (very basic skills assessment. Really to just see that I have a decent resume and that I can talk to people. Contacted me about round 2 interview in less than a day)
    2. Second on-campus interview
    3. Gallup Phone interview (very important screening process for Stryker...about a 10% pass rate)
    4. On site interview (I had nine thirty minute interviews with different departments throughout the day. Not very technical interviews)

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you worked with a teammate who you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

First, I talked to a rep at a campus career fair. This led to an on campus interview, with mainly questions about what I was interested in and more technical questions regarding what I have already done. This interview also had behavioral/character questions. The following phone interview was very similar to the first. Third phone interview was Gallup (purely behavioral/character). I was told I would be contacted for a fourth interview, but communications ceased.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the depth and breadth of the engineering design work I had previously done.   Answer Question