Stryker Field Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Field Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online but also got an employee referral by contacting someone through a Linked In connection. I received a phone call from a recruiter for a phone interview with an HR Associate. The interview went fine but the interviewer was very short and clipped - almost robotic, very few intonations in her voice at all. I qualified for a 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone call with the hiring manager went very well. Questions were easy and he explained what he was looking for. I was offered an on-site interview in the region - I live in the Midwest. They were interviewing all of the candidates on the same day - unfortunately that day occurred on what was supposed to be the 2nd day of an international vacation I had planned months earlier (note that I receive only the standard 10 days PTO in my current position.) I decided to take the interview anyway and shortened my vacation. I also tried to suggest an in-person meeting prior to the on-site interviewer since the hiring manager lives in the same metro area as myself. We were not able to put it together - in light of the feedback I got, I wish I had the opportunity to see someone fact-to-face.

The day of the interview was very unorganized. I was the first interview of the day (to try to accommodate my travel schedule) and interviews started at least a half hour late. The interview agenda has changed due to my travel plans but the actual agenda did not match what they had sent to me. I had two 2:1 interviews and two 1:1 interviews. Everyone who interviewed me was nice but the questions from the senior HR manager were very tough. She even asked me the same question twice indicating that she wasn't satisfied with the answer I gave. My biggest note: every single person with whom I interviewed was attractive, dressed to the nines (nice suits, all the women were in heels, nails done, make-up, etc) and not a single person was even 1lb overweight. I had to wait an hour in between two of the interviews (there all the interviewers ate pizza that had been ordered in an employee lunch room) where I just sat in the office and the only lunch provided was whatever pizza was leftover by myself in that same lunch room (and I have a gluten-free diet.)

Calls and emails to the hiring manager when unreturned. Finally an email to the HR Associate who set up all the interviews was returned and I was told I would not be moving forward in the interview process. I did finally get a phone call back from one of the interviewers who was kind (and courageous) enough to respond to my request for feedback. There were more experienced candidates (fair enough) but he told me that every single interviewer commented on my nose-pin. (I have a very small nose pin.) He pointed out that he was the only person who interviewed me who had facial hair and that he knew that this definitely impacted his career at Stryker since it is a VERY conservative company. I appreciated the feedback and learned an important lesson.

Interview Questions

• Tell how you have influenced a decision or change in your current [or past] organization.   1 Answer