Stryker Finance Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Finance Manager Interview Questions

3.8

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a third party staffing agency who then presented me to the internal HR Rep. Took 2 weeks to hear back. Finally did an initial Phone Screen with HR and then 6 back-to-back 30 minute onsite interviews by the end the of the that first week, all in one day. Onsite interview feedback was provided by the next business day. Was then asked to participate in an Third Party outside interview questionnaire by the end of that second week. Feedback from the questionnaire took 2 weeks. Results from the questionnaire did not suit the "company's fit" after successful face to face onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ).

Interview

Company relies heavily upon the Gallup phone interview and screening process. The Gallup phone interview can take up to 2 hours and inquires about specific situations whether it be from your personal or professional life and how you handled/overcame each one. There is no right or wrong answer but based on your feedback they are able to assess whether you will be a good fit for the organization. The advice provided to me by the hiring manager for each of my examples was to say that I 'always' went above and beyond, 'always' stayed late, 'always' took on new projects, 'always' a team player...

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time in your personal/professional life where you had to overcome adversity and how has that made you a stronger individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once an offer was extended I only dealt with Human Resources (Talent Acquisition) from that point on and negotiated my salary and sign-on bonus with them.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker in August 2013.

Interview

I had several phone interviews and was invited into the office for a series of in-person interviews. Everyone I talked to was nice and professional. The overall process was well organized. I didn't expect in-person personality questions however. Some of the questions repeated with each interviewer. During phone interviews, try to get an understanding of what type of personality they are looking for before heading into the in-person in interviews.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 5, how would you rate your self in/on .......?   2 Answers

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment firm and interviewed with HR at Stryker office, then Gallup test over the phone. Not much technical skill is mentioned while personality and management skill being the focus in these 2 stages. Gallup test is carefully designed to make sure only the people with best cultural fit will get in. Not sure if this is good or bad for a talent pool.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a team with different personalities?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2008.

Interview

First is a short personality test. Only 5% of people pass it (the best way is to answer honestly and thoughtfully. Don't overthink and don't try to impress). Then another personality test that's maybe 1.5 to 2 hours. Then if you pass that, you go for an interview that's 4 to 5 people in one day. Each person seemed to have an agenda, a specific tack that they were directed to apply.

But the bottom line is that they are looking for a specific type.