Stryker Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

First an HR phone screen then you will speak with the hiring manager. The next step is to take the Gallup test then from there, if you fit their model, you will then have an onsite visit consisting of a 20 minute presentation and a series of 5-6 30 minute one-on-one interviews.
My experience: During this process, I was handed off 4 different times between HR members: the rep who recruited me, my onsite coordinator, the corporate HR rep, the teams HR rep. First mistake: I was notified 12 hours before I had my onsite interview that I had to give a 20 minute presentation. The onsite coordinator wanted to make sure my file would load on their computer and emailed me to have it sent over. Questing what she was talking about I called her and then 5 minutes later my corporate HR called me to tell me about the presentation he was supposed to tell me about when he setup my onsite interview a week prior. I ended up presenting fine and received an offer 2 days after my onsite interview and then went into the background check process. This background check is done by a 3rd party who only reports to the corporate HR rep and not the teams HR rep. 2 weeks passed and I was notified by HR that if I hadn’t heard anything from the background check company by now I was fine and can give my current employer notice, so I did. I quit my job that Thursday then was informed the following Friday afternoon they had a concern on my background check and would notify me by the following Thursday if I would receive the offer, mind you the paperwork I completed earlier is an offer but is contingent on the background check. The following Thursday came and no one called, emailed or returned my calls. The following Friday morning I received an email from the teams HR rep that they were rescinding the offer. Despite my efforts to contact the many people above, including my future supervisor, my phone calls were not returned and I do not know why I failed the background check and am now unemployed.
Please be wary of this process, there are too many hands in the pot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and was contacted fairly quickly. Phone interview was easy and lasted about 30 minutes. I didnt make it to the next stage unfortunately. The company seems like it would be a great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to keep practicing at something that was difficult to catch on?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR which went well and was asked to come in to interview with hiring team. Met with 4 finance managers and those interviews also went well. Was called by HR and asked 10-15 Gallup personality questions, and was asked to come in the following week for an interview with 2 more senior employees and a VP of HR. A few days before this 2nd on-site interview I had a 45 minute call with someone from Gallup to take a full personality test. Somehow with the same answers I provided to HR and the 4 finance managers I failed and my 2nd on-site interview was canceled. They want a certain type of employee and weigh a lot on the Gallup test. Even if the team you would be working for thinks you're a good fit, you're out the door if the interviewer from the Gallup firm tells them otherwise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an invite to a phone interview within 2 weeks. However, that phone call was never made. I emailed the recruiter and never heard back from her. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

This was internal but I would imagine the process would be similar to an external candidate except that the process might be a bit longer and more rigorous. Once I had submitted for a role I was interested in, I was connected with a Candidate Care Specialist that would handle the details surrounding my interview schedule and what to expect. The process overall can vary slightly depending on the role. I was scheduled to interview with 6-7 people, one after the other for approximately one half hour per interview. It's nerve-racking just because of the number of people and what have you, but there was one thing that happened during this process that I thought was a little bit special. The specialist greeted me the day of the interview and brought me to the conference room where I would be spending the next 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Before anything started, she just sat down with me and talked about random things which really put my mind at ease. For any of you out there that don't particularly enjoy interviewing, this really helped me calm down and focus on being personable and "normal." You can really blow an interview if you come off as nervous the whole time. Some of that fades just with more and more interview experience, which was the case for me.

The process in general went smoothly. No matter the interviewer, they were on time and extremely courteous. There were no surprise "gotcha" questions or things meant to throw me off guard. And, one important practice that I thought was important was the fact that I was interviewed for potential, talent and personality- not my ability to regurgitate things I remember from college. It was an entry level role, and my interview was treated that way. So, one thing to keep in mind is what you are interviewing for. If it's entry level right out of college, remember who you are is far more important than what you know (in my opinion, at the entry level). It's okay to be smart and you should be prepared for these questions, but your fit within the company, in the department and among the team is what really matters from my perspective. It doesn't mean the interview process is easy, because you need to be well-rounded and thoroughly prepared to sell and present yourself with detailed Q&A.

The styles of the interview had a tendency to have questions that built on one another, which meant you had to be prepared to talk at length about anything that you brought up from an experience perspective whether it was personal, professional or educational.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you were able to proactively correct something before it happened. (this was not the exact question, but you get the idea)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter emailed the next day to schedule a phone interview. Received the one phone interview. Was told that there would be 3-4 phone interviews but have not heard from anyone since the first phone call. They were all nice but wish it was more transparent when or if they will call again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Fremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview and three weeks later a rejection email. The phone interview was about an hour long and consisted of multiple behavioral questions. Interviewer was a little rude on the phone, recruiter would not answer emails, they took a long time getting back.

Interview Questions

• -how competitive are you 1-10
      -do you prefer a slow medium or fast paced work environment
      -what do you look for in coworkers
      -do you prefer to work in a team or be a leader
      -are you a logical thinker or do you think outside the box
      -would you rather be in a successful team with acquaintances or a unsuccessful team with people you know very well
      -do you make decisions on fact or intuition
      -when you look for a solution to a problem do you go based on options or choose a solution quickly
      -how do you deal with lul activity during the day
      -are you ever content at the end of the day
      -do you feel like you’ve ever done enough
      -have you ever done a task repetitively until you mastered it
      -how organized are you on a scale of 1-10
      -how do you organize your day
      -when is an okay time to cut corners   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied for the financial analyst position and received a phone call for another position on their accounting team. They scheduled a phone interview for the next week. And that phone call was never made..

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Recruiter will schedule a phone interview within the week, general questions (skills, experience, salary expectations, etc.). About a week later, heard back and was invited to "Interview Day": A three hour interview process that's split-up into several smaller one-on-one interviews with the top people in your division

Interview Questions

• Salary Expectations, Tell me about your job experience, Why did you apply for Stryker?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in August 2013.

Interview

I applied on their website and received an email one week later to schedule a phone interview. 1st interview is with a recruiter for about 10-15 minutes. They asked me basic questions about myself and my resume. (Why do you want to work for Stryker, Why do you want to leave your current job, etc.) 2nd interview was about 30-45 minutes with the hiring manager. Make sure you know your resume well, a lot of the questions will be about your experience. 3rd interview was a 60 minute phone interview with Gallup. Stryker uses this company to better determine your personality. Be sure to study your answers for the general questions for this and have at least 3-4 work examples that back up your answers. Questions are fired off nonstop and ask for many examples. 4th interview is with 4-5 of your potential coworkers ranging from HR individuals to the top manager in that division to see if you are a good fit. Stryker puts a lot of effort in finding the right candidate and cares a lot about your future!

Interview Questions

• Are you a pushy person? Have you ever had someone champion your cause? Give an example.   Answer Question