Stryker Interview Questions in Flower Mound, TX | Glassdoor

3.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Went thru 2 rounds of interviews with Stryker and than another with Gallup. Even though I think I was well qualified for the position somehow I failed the Gallup interview.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions i.e. describe a time when your supervisor was wrong and what did you do to correct the situation   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was set up for over a week from the initial e-mail expressing interest in me as a candidate. I noticed the position was removed from their website and learned they filled it the day prior to my interview. They called me to discuss other positions outside of my prior experience.

I was frustrated as previous companies I have interviewed with typically speak with all candidates they call in before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Have you managed people before?   1 Answer
    • What type of positions have you been applying for in the area?   Answer Question
    • How much would you expect your base salary to be?   Answer Question

Senior Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

Drag you along the entire process and then decline for a reason that they already knew about based on your resume. I wish they would've just told me up front so I didn't waste 5 weeks worth of effort with Gallup, studying and tests.

Document Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Phone. Overkill. I was beginning to think they were looking for a robot, not a person. The screening processes used by this company are ridiculous. I have over 25 years in my field, excellent progressive experience and references. I am not sure what exactly is going on within this company. I always wondered why I always see job postings for them. Know I now. It was a degrading experience and I would not want to work there. The "questions" which had nothing to do with the job itself. It was crazy and a strange approach that eliminates great people who have much to offer..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

the first interview on the phone was long and the questions were very tricky. This interview was through the HR representative. She asked all personality questions. The second phone interview with the hiring manager was more confortable and more laid back. I feel the interview was more about how you can fit in the company with your personality rather than your skills.

R&Amp; D Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Multi-Step process:
    1) Phone screen / short interview with Recruiter
    2) Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
    3) Gallup Phone Interview (2-3 hour process). Administered by Gallup.
    4) On-site Interview (6-8 hour process) - You meet many people in defined time slots from 30 minutes - 1 hour increments.
    5) Follow up interview (as needed)

This process is very different from other interviews. Familiarize yourself with Gallup and strengths based hiring. I recommend reading Strengths Finder 2.0 -Tom Rath and getting a better understanding of how you operate. There are no right or wrong answers. It's really based upon how you operate and if your natural strengths align with the role they need to fill.

Interview Questions

• The Gallup phone interview is a series of questions - looking to understand your natural strengths and if those strengths fit the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online in July. Had a quick 30 min phone interview with a HR recruiter a week later which was half "tell me about your experiences" and half a quick Gallup screening interview of ~20 questions. A week later had another 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager which was strictly explaining the role and a few behavioral experience-based questions. A week later had a Gallup phone interview which was supposed to take an hour but only took about 35 min. You can research the questions on Glassdoor all you want but you really cant prepare for it, just be yourself and answer quickly and honestly. Was contacted a week later about scheduling an on-site interview. Two weeks later had the onsite interview where I had 3 one-on-one morning interviews, then lunch with 3 people, then 4 more afternoon interviews. One interview was technical where I was given blueprint designs for a product, told two parts were not working, and asked to determine why and then calculate the failure rate given 30 data points. Was fairly easy and the interviewer helped me along a lot. All other interviews were very standard informational and behavioral interviews, they flat out told me they weren't trying to make it hard on me, just getting to know me. Everyone was incredibly friendly. Took another week and a half to hear back and receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• Gallup: On a scale of 1-10 how organized are you? Are you an expert at anything and if so, what?

Behavioral: Tell me about your experience at X? Give me an example of a time things didn't go as planned and what you did about it. Give me an example of a time you solved a problem. What method of problem solving do you like to use? What do you think about giving feedback?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First Phone call was the HR representative asking general questions as well as the gallop interview questions. This took about 45 minutes. Next phone interview was from the regional manager and then another phone interview from the national manager. After all of these interviews they invited me to the Stryker Communication headquarters in Flowermound, Tx. Once I arrived I interviewed for 30 minutes each with about 10 different people from different parts of the company. I did recieve an offer but was low balled about $7 less than I am currently making (which I told them beforehand). They informed me that if I worked the average of 60 hours for that position I could make what I am making now. Sounds reasonable, NOT!

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of the general interview/personality questions and then more questions pertaining to experience for the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Began with an on-campus one-on-one interview. Then, was asked to take a Gallup test. When I passed that, I was flown to the location to interview there with several people individually, after which I received an offer. Keep in mind, if you don't pass the Gallup test the first time you can't retake it later or ever work for Stryker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone calls including a third-party personality test that lasted roughly an hour and a half. They're very particular about employees fitting a certain type that works best for their environment