Stryker Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

Interview

Interesting, good amount of questions and the interview lasted a good part of 2 hours. Make sure you have plenty of examples to back up every question because it is absolutely mandatory

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

On campus interview was straight-forward, was asked what the most complicated thing I have ever done was. Afterwards, I was asked to explain it like the interviewer was in 5th grade.

Gallup interview was 60 mins of fast-paced personality questions, mostly yes or no. The interviewers have great BS detection.

Last round was a full day of onsite interviews with various full-time employees, including some skill tests (circuit analysis, debugging, logic problems, and assembling a product without instructions.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you get what you want? (Yes or No)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

"The Gauntlet" as they call it begins with a phone interview, typically, followed by a personality screening, and then an in-house interview. It's easy enough to look up the expected questions and answers they are looking for, but if you fake your way in you will likely not mesh with the company culture and will want to pull your hair out. The interview process is seeking out talented people - you need not have experience in medical devices or extensive knowledge on the company's background (just the basics to show you did your research).

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? (Always a toughie, but I was asked to reanswer after my first response was deemed not good enough!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including a presentation before being turned down for an internship. I suppose their hiring process works well for them, but it was discouraging.

Interview Questions

• LOTS of example questions - like "tell me about a time when people disagreed with you and what you did about it" - they love sports stories, by the way.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to have an informal phone interview but I when I spoke to the woman on the phone (who was very kind and friendly) the questions were not informal. They asked me pretty difficult questions about myself and situations that I had been in. I was not expecting that and was taken a bit off guard

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words   Answer Question
    • Explain why you like Stryker   Answer Question
    • Give me an explain of when you went above and beyond the expectation in your personal life or work experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, sent in my resume, and then had a phone interview. The phone interview was basically explaining my resume, so it wasn't too hard. I was told I would be contacted within a week and didn't hear anything so THREE WEEKS later I emailed the recruiter and she didn't personally respond, just sent me directions to set up a Gallup interview, which I didn't end up passing. The Gallup interview was extremely intimidating and I could barely hear the interviewer the entire time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process. Met at a Career fair, had first round interview, went through to Gallup phone interview, after that there is an onsite interview. Felt like a very long, difficult interview process for just an internship. The Gallup interview can be tricky and is 45 minutes of rapid fire behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Had campus interview, and then Gallup poll conducted by a 3rd party. The on campus interview was pleasant. Interviewed by HR and asked a few simple questions (on a scale from 1 to 10 how organized would you say you are) etc. The Gallup poll was long and the questions were very difficult to answer. The 3rd party service records your phone conversation and analyzes it afterwords. If your score isn't high enough, you will not move forward in the interview process. You cannot repeat this Gallup poll, even if applying for a different position at a different time, so only take it if you're ready.

Interview Questions

• Asked a ton of behavioral questions in the Gallup poll. If you answer yes to a question they will always make you elaborate. i.e.: Have you ever found yourself in a conflict with a team member? Tell me about that time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

After initial contact via a job fair, there will be a quick in person interview that will lead to a phone interview. The phone interview is intended to understand the way you think. If the phone interview goes well (takes about 1 hour) you will be invited onsite for an entire day of interviews. The company is relatively efficient in getting back to interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy collaborating with people? Provide an example within the last week.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The process is pretty long for an internship. I met Stryker at a school career fair in late January. I got a call that night to schedule an on campus interview two days later. After that interview I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks. Then I got an email saying I had moved on to the gallup interview. I scheduled that and had a gallup phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Some people find this part intimidating I didn't think it was too bad. Just prepare to have examples of your accomplishments. A few weeks after that I got an email saying that I had passed the Gallup and was going to be brought on site. We found a date that worked for everyone and then they set up all of my accomidations. They flew me out had a car witha driver waiting for me at baggage claim who took me to the hotel they booked. Then a shuttle took me to the office. I had an onsite interview that lasted from around 8am to 1pm. The last poriton of the interview one person took me out to lunch and stryker paid for it. Then I was picked up again by a driver (not an uber, this guy was legit). He took me back to the airport and I flew back. Up to this point everything moved very slowly. It would take a couple of weeks to hear back after each stage. After the onsite interview it was all very quick. I landed back at home on a Thursday night and then got a call that Friday at 9am with an offer.

Interview Questions

• All of the normal ones. For the Gallup be prepared for things like have you ever stood up for something that wasnt popular? and then if you answer yes you will be asked for an example. Always be ready with an example on Gallup. I would do the phone interview with your resume infront of you.   Answer Question