Stryker Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

3.3

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

Interview

Interesting, good amount of questions and the interview lasted a good part of 2 hours. Make sure you have plenty of examples to back up every question because it is absolutely mandatory

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

On campus interview was straight-forward, was asked what the most complicated thing I have ever done was. Afterwards, I was asked to explain it like the interviewer was in 5th grade.

Gallup interview was 60 mins of fast-paced personality questions, mostly yes or no. The interviewers have great BS detection.

Last round was a full day of onsite interviews with various full-time employees, including some skill tests (circuit analysis, debugging, logic problems, and assembling a product without instructions.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you get what you want? (Yes or No)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

"The Gauntlet" as they call it begins with a phone interview, typically, followed by a personality screening, and then an in-house interview. It's easy enough to look up the expected questions and answers they are looking for, but if you fake your way in you will likely not mesh with the company culture and will want to pull your hair out. The interview process is seeking out talented people - you need not have experience in medical devices or extensive knowledge on the company's background (just the basics to show you did your research).

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? (Always a toughie, but I was asked to reanswer after my first response was deemed not good enough!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including a presentation before being turned down for an internship. I suppose their hiring process works well for them, but it was discouraging.

Interview Questions

• LOTS of example questions - like "tell me about a time when people disagreed with you and what you did about it" - they love sports stories, by the way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with recruiter for screening, then passed on to the gallup personality test, which consisted of an hour of questioning. Was then flown out to the site and interviewed by HR, the manager, supervisor, and a couple others on the team. Heard back 2 weeks after in person interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process is extensive. They are looking for the best fit for their company culture and tend to favor those with "Type A" personalities or those who are competitive but also humble. I completed a short 7 question survey to assess personality fit and then was contacted by a recruiter for a short interview. This is a mix of personality and behavioral questions. If you are invited to the next round you will be asked to complete a Gallup phone interview. After that I was invited on-site for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather join a small company with potential or a large company with proven success?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received notice that they wanted to interview me. The first interview was about 20 min, with a HR rep. At the end of that phone call, he told me to schedule the Galup interview. A few hours after completing the Galup, I got an email to move forward with the onsite interview. Still in the application process.
    Overall, has been a positive experience. They care about getting to know your strengths and traits.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in November 2017.

Interview

Met Stryker at school career fair and had in person on campus interview the next day. About a week later I received word that I moved to the next round, which is a phone interview with Gallup (talent search company), then about 2 weeks later I received word of moving on to the on site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

It is rather extensive but worth it. They are looking for a specific fit and their process allows them to successfully find people that will fit well within their company culture.

It starts with an on campus interview which is simple, typical behavior questions. Then the Gallup. Then On-site.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very rigorous but specifically designed to filter for those who would fit into the culture. If you don't pass the Gallup, you won't be able to work here.