Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and intense process. 5 interviews plus a phone interview and Gallup Test. Also tasked with seeking out and interviewing a healthcare professional to test my ability to make things happen.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions. Asked for examples of challenges I've overcome, issues I've resolved, etc.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

It was a long interview process which consisted of several phone interviews, multiple in-person interviews and right-alongs with reps working in the field. The interviews were very challenging and often felt like interrogations to gauge how the applicant reacts in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• How did you pay for your college education?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Highlands Ranch, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter which I thought went well other than the fact that she told me she has worked nights and weekends since she has started in the role and feels overworked. I then had a phone interview with the recruiting manager which I also thought went well. I was told I would get an assessment to complete. I never received an assessment. Over the following 2 months, I emailed and the recruiter and the recruiting manager multiple times to follow up and never received any response. I still have not heard from anyone nor have I received an automated email telling me I am no longer considered. Overall, being a recruiter, I am very disappointed with this process. To have my emails ignored with no response after 2 interviews is a horrible candidate experience. I also have a friend who went through the interview process for a sales position and the same thing happened to him.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Portage, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Stryker is lengthy and demanding. The make sure you fit in 100% with the culture at Stryker before even letting you in the door for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you ever feel restless?   1 Answer

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

First met with them via meet and greet at a career fair. Received an interview post-fair with a manager. Was then contacted by a recruiter who called me and asked a few behavioral questions. Next round came a 90 minute, fast paced 3rd party interview to assess cultural fit with Gallup. After Gallup interview, was invited to nearest headquarters where I had four interviews at 30 minutes a piece back to back by different managers. Currently awaiting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral "tell me about a time when..." questions. All four interviewers asked me why I chose the major that I am pursuing.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email from recruiter. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter the following week and then 1 hour interview with hiring manager. 1 hour gallup interview where they ask situation based/personality questions. I was invited to on-site whole day interview which went from 8 am to 2 pm with interviews with 8 different people in cross-functional teams. Each interview was 30 minutes long, everybody asked the same sort of questions over and over again. You'll get tired of telling the same thing to everybody for an entire day. Was later told I was not a good fit, but they would like to consider me for a different role.

Interview Questions

• Why Stryker? Why Quality? 3 words that describe you? Talk about yourself. Why should we hire you? Given 2 different engineering drawing, can you tell me the difference between the two? Stress-strain curves, brittleness, ductility of material tested. What material is likely to fracture first? Where is the likely site of failure? Types of stresses on a beam   Answer Question

General Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

multiple interviews, very difficult process. Great company to work for. Reputation of detailed, quality driven company is spot on. Be prepared to give detailed responses to questions, basic yes or no not good enough.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be hired over others   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very tough interview process. Everyone I worked with was great and although I did not get the job they gave a lot of great feedback for future interviews. Expect a product presentation. First step of interview was phone conversation with recruiter. Second was phone with regional manager. Third was face-to-face with regional manager and sales rep.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from everyone else that's looking to get into sales?   Answer Question

SSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

very elaborative completely technical multiple rounds tough gallup and hr
    highly negotiable. Got a call from Consultant...then pre gallup by hr then technical interview then next technical interview then one technical round from US then gallup then face to face then 4 rounds in a day for face to face and then final hr round

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

This process took over 3 months! Pathetic waste of time. The recruiter called and warned me that this process takes forever. I had a recruiter interview. It took him a month to call me back with a technical interview. Then it took another month to setup a Gallup. and then a week after a technical on site interview. I really felt some of the questions that were asked technically were inappropriate and they seemed like they were all Alpha males. I could never see myself working in a company full of alpha's that seemed to be losers or bullied in the past.

Interview Questions

• With your experience explain how you were better than everyone on the group?
      In order to work here you need to be the elite of the elite, so how have you proven you are better than your peers?
      If you were in a group environment, how would you prove that you have better ideas and designs then any other member?
      What is your 5 year goal? In addition, how do you see yourself get there in reference to working in a group environment?
      Answer Question