Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2017.

Interview

Very long and difficult process but overall very positive. Although there were 5 rounds of interviews the process took about a month.

- Received a call from the recruiter the day after I applied. Scheduled a phone interview which was 30 minutes with straight forward easy questions. He was very nice and easy to talk to.
    - Received a call the next day from an HR inviting me to an in-person interview with the sales manager. Met with the sales manager a week later where we thoroughly went over my experience as well as how I handle day to day situations . He made it clear this is a very difficult job and you need to be able to handle putting work over everything else in a thankless industry.
    - Next was the Gallup, which was an hour long phone interview. Many tough questions and make sure you have a lot of examples for "give me a time when."
    - Lastly, I met with the sales team (two different times). This interview was more of a friendly conversation, getting to know each and learning more about the position.

I got calls from the sales manager and HR representative throughout the whole process checking to see how I was feeling about each interview which made it much less stressful.

On Site Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stryker (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got the interview from a friends father who works in the Industry. The interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable. They were also very personable and seemed like they enjoyed their jobs. This was my first interview and I felt like I dropped the ball. Anyone who has some sort of experience with the interview process would most likely done very well.

Post-Market Regulatory Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

1) Phone screen with HR (20 min)
    2) Phone screen with hiring manager (30 min), 1 week after 1st phone screen
    3) Gallup survey (35 min), 1 week after 2nd phone screen
    4) In-person interview (4 hours), 2 weeks after Gallup survey

A very lengthy process, but I learned a lot about Stryker and their services. I did not receive an offer but received valuable feedback about why the specific position was not a good fit for me, but that I am Stryker material! I have continued to apply for jobs at Stryker and hope to one day join them!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and standard. Started with a phone interview with personality questions. Then two in persons interviews. One with the direct sales manger you would be working for, and one with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past sales experience and how that can translate to sales with stryker.   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Redmond, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position via Stryker's website. The interview process started with a telephone interview with the corporate recruiter, which was approximately 2 weeks after I applied. Next, I was scheduled for a telephone interview with the hiring manager in the same week. The following week, I was moved on to the next stage of the process, a Gallup Interview. I received a call from the recruiter approximately 1.5 weeks after the Gallup Interview who informed me I was moved to the next stage, which was a telephone interview with the Sr. Legal Counsel. The telephone interview with the Sr. Legal Counsel went well and I was given the impression that I would be invited to an in-person interview. Over 2 weeks passed and I contacted the recruiter to check-in. I was informed that the position had been filled and they made an offer to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you gain trust of division employees and management?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Rochester, MN).

Interview

After applying for the position I was contacted by an HR Representative to set up a time for a phone interview. We agreed to and set a time and date for the the call... when it was time for our scheduled appointment there was no call and the HR representatives more or less gel off the earth. No reply to email or calls.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked as tre interview never happened   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process was pretty lengthy and definitely thorough. I was approached on LinkedIn by a recruitment consultant and a preliminary phone conversation was scheduled. Following this my CV was sent to HR and a more detailed 1-hour phone interview was arranged with a Stryker recruitment specialist. During this interview I gave a roughly 20-minute overview of my experience and then went through a Gallup-style series of questions. The questions seem bizarre but they ensure that the right people are hired and that the Stryker culture is compatible with your personality/ethos. I then had an hour-long interview with the hiring managers. This was fairly standard format; they wanted to hear about my experience, probed my technical knowledge in more detail and fired off those classic competency-based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made the wrong decision. What actions did you take after this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

On Site Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was roughly 15-20 mins to gauge my interest. Second interview was the next day and in person with the regional manager. Both went very well. Advanced to the third interview which was the Gallup. Felt all three portions of the interview went very well.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Phone screener, followed by Gallup interview. This is an outdated and inefficient process. The Gallup interview tells you absolutely nothing about my professional career and likability. Recommend using skills test and references. You put off talented candidates with this type of interview process. Crossed Stryker off my list.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to take a Gallup interview?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker (Portage, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

The very beginning I had the opportunity to present to everyone I would be meeting with over the course of the day. I presented about myself, my experience and qualifications. I then proceeded to meet with different members of the teams within HCS. They asked questions about me personally as well as my experience and qualifications. I was asked a range of questions and given specific situations where I had to explain how I handled conflict in the work place or if I prefer to work with a team or individually.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment was most conducive to my learning style?   1 Answer