Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.3

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a Phone screen with Recruiter and was told that I should hear back by the end of the week in regards to the next step. Since I haven't heard back by Friday 4pm, I have sent an email to check on status. Received auto reply saying that recruiter is on vacation until Tuesday. I was waiting until Thursday and sent another email just to see where I stand since I am interviewing at other places as well. Still to this date (2 weeks later) I haven't heard from them. Why is it so hard to click on "Reply" button and just say that I don't qualify? At least I know where I stand... Sheesshh

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your team motivated?   1 Answer

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker (Richmond, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Thirty minutes phone interview. Easy interview. It was professional, but casual, and with many quick questions. I spoke a great deal. Be prepared to explain the why to all or most of the questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call interview with recruiter, Gallup assessment & cognitive assessment followed by in person with hiring manager. Gallup interview is focused entirely on questions geared towards the successful skills they've found within people who are successful in the role(s) you are applying/interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Biggest successes & failures, how'd you learn from them   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Contacted by an internal recruiter to schedule a 30 minute call. Spoke with her at our scheduled time. Contacted within a week by another internal scheduler to set a call with the hiring manager at the Fremont, CA office. Spoke with him at our scheduled time. My application was coded as "no longer under consideration" on the company site after 7 weeks after the interview. During that entire time, I received no response to my calls or emails to either recruiter/scheduler, initiated upon the recruiter's request we talk after I spoke with the hiring manager. Completely confused as this company has a great reputation for employee engagement and and hiring great talent. This experience was not great.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked why I haven't applied to offices geographically closer to my current location. Seemed like a very odd question since the divisions are completely different.   Answer Question

Associate Strategic Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Disappointing. Absolutely disappointing. I expected a company which prides itself on having strong values and ethics to exercise these values and ethics, but it was not apparent during this interview.

I received an invitation for an interview, which I accepted and provided what was called (by the recruiter) "a fantastic response." On the day of the interview, I was taken aback by how the interview went. There as no discussion about the company, the position, nor my qualifications. All that occurred was a Gallup screening, where there were very generic questions that had nothing to do with how I would succeed with the company. I even tried to bring up discussion about the company and the position by asking 3 follow-up questions, and the responses were vague and one-worded.

I firmly believe this was very discriminatory for people with disabilities (including myself) because if you don't give the right answers to the Gallup exam, then they will send you a rejection form letter in less than 24 hours. There was no evaluation of my skills nor my qualifications and I expected better from this company.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter not very organized. Wanted to go through my resume like a story. Very poor layout, didn't talk about any of my jobs, accolades, or experience. Didn't describe job, or have any details about a new position recently created. Didn't ask if I had any questions. This is second job interviewed for and second job I don't pursue due to recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Let's go through your resume... like a life story   1 Answer

Surgical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by internal recruiter. Did a phone interview that proceeded to F2F interview with hiring manager. Was in another city, 45 minutes away from me. Was not given any instruction of where to wait for manager at hotel meeting location. I arrived early and sat in hotel lobby. I noticed the manager and another person with her conducting an interview. I couldn't help but keep looking over as I waited patiently (their interview lasted 15 minutes over our scheduled meeting time). I noticed the manager was EATING an apple while interviewing this candidate . I have never in my life seen something like this .
    It appeared The interview was over because they all stood up. Only to wait another 10 minutes to watch them chat friendly/casually with each other. This was nerve-racking to watch . Maybe they should've picked a more private area to meet rather than the first table as soon as you walk through the front door of the hotel ?!?!
    I was motioned to come over to the table. Manager never even stood up when I walked to their table. She had on SHORTS and a Cotton TSHIRT! I was immediately put off. As I was there dressed in a suit . This is a fortune 500 company, and I highly doubt this is how they want their hiring managers dressed at an interview. The other person in the interview was another rep.
    I sat down and she immediately began saying how this was only a 30 min interview. Just to see if they "like me enough to see me again" was turned off from the start. I felt very pressured for time .
    Horrible interview questions. She insulted me by saying she wasn't getting a personal connection with me. And if I walked out the door she'd feel like she never met me. At this point I really didn't know what else to say. I asked the rep next to me what a day in the life was like an as he answered The manager proceeded to get on her phone and check emails/texts.. The interview was over and I was told I would hear from them on Monday . I sent a follow-up email to both the manager and the rep thanking them for their time and looking forward to hearing from them. I never got a reply, never received a phone call or email from anyone stating what the next steps were if any. After three days I finally reached out to recruiter via email, only to receive a cookie-cutter cut-and-paste reply.
    So glad I did not get this job to work under this manager. While Stryker maybe your wonderful company this manager was a complete unprofessional example to what their company stands for to a potential candidate!

Onsite Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stryker (Gulfport, MS) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, person-person interview, Gallup interview. Overall very easy process. Peron to person Interview was vwry stress free. I haven't finished the whole process yet. Will update after the process is finished.

PM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Awesome experience. I would highly recommend this process to other companies in the industry. There were no surprises and I really enjoyed talking to my colleagues. It felt like a team right from the first day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reaches out, then in person interview with regional manager and sales rep you'll be working for, then gallup, then ride along with other ASR's. Gallup is straight forward "is being (any trait) important, show an example to prove that"