Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.4

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Short phone call with scripted questions. Interview lasted a little over thirty minutes. She asked me to go over my resume starting from the bottom, asked general questions, and then gave me more information on the position.

Interview Questions

• Name three qualities that put you over other applicants.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The interview was conducted by two people from a research and development division of the company. They came to my college campus to conduct the interview and it lasted about 30-45 minutes.

General Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

multiple interviews, very difficult process. Great company to work for. Reputation of detailed, quality driven company is spot on. Be prepared to give detailed responses to questions, basic yes or no not good enough.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be hired over others   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Onsite Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2016.

Interview

First, you take a brief online personality test before the initial call. During the phone interview, my recruiter was disinterested and unresponsive. She was clearly distracted, didn't notice when I had finished answering, and I could hear her dogs barking in the background. To my surprise, I progressed to the in-person interview. It was a little odd because it was held in a Barnes & Noble cafe, even though their corporate headquarters were reasonably close by, but the interviewing manager was very nice and professional.

After that, there was a Gallup Behavioral Interview via phone, again with the recruiter, where you have 30 minutes to answer 60 situational questions. The questions are designed to force you to answer quickly, without over thinking. You are told that if you do not answer all 60 questions within the time frame, a separate call will need to be scheduled to complete the remaining questions. The process was very cold and clinical.

After that, it was three weeks of complete silence, despite following up with the recruiter who had estimated a one week turn around. When I finally got the email that they had "identified another candidate," the recruiter said to let her know if I had any questions. She never answered that email either. It is supposed to be a very nice company to work for once you are on the inside but I was completely turned off by the hiring process. If an offer had been made, it would have been very difficult to regain the initial excitement I had had at the outset.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable telling a white lie?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual, but was told that the role is very difficult for women to succeed in (I am a woman) because the field is mostly men as well as the surgeons with whom the sales representatives work. They like for you to know their products names and what they do.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in medical sales if you studied (X) major in college?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty seamless interview process, the hiring staff was friendly and welcoming. It was a one on one interview and covered the basics about work experience, skills, education, what sets me apart from other applicants, etc.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Moscow, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview that lasted about 30 min. then I had a phone interview which lasted about an hour. I then was flown out to an on-site interview which consisted of many shorter interviews. After that they were very quick to get back to me. The beginning part of the interview process was very long.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you (1-10)
      Describe a project you worked on that failed and how did you handle that?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Laid back and mostly focused on personality type and work ethic. They will ask for relative experience and if you are prepared for the 24/7/365 lifestyle. They also look for eagerness and long term goals. The whole 1:1 interview took about an hour. At the end I was asked to research the position further and determine if it is the kind of lifestyle I want then get back with them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time in your life or situation and how you dealt with/overcame it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to the booth at a career fair at my university and soon after received an email with details on how and where to formally apply for the position. Soon after that I received an email requesting an on campus interview. The interview was short and focused around behavioral questions; the type of questions where they really look for one specific answer but you are expected to answer honestly. I felt like the interview went well over all. I was not asked any technical questions because I was only a freshmen. A week or two later I was told that I didn't get the gig.