Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.3

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company website and was contacted by the HR manager about a week later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and she said she wanted me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager and she told me she would like me to come in for an in-person interview with the team, about 4-5 people which would take a half a day. I was then contacted by a different HR manager who set up that interview. Stryker provided very thorough information on where I was going and who I was going to meet with. I met with 4 people ranging from the VP to the hiring manager to a team mate to a co-worker from another team. The interview with each lasted about a half hour. They were typical interview questions. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. I received an e-mail the day after the interview saying that the initial hiring manager should be back in touch with me in a week. After two weeks I contacted her with an email and receive no response. A week later I called her, received her voicemail, and told her if I didn't hear back I would assume no one was interested. I didn't here back from either inquiry.

So the initial process was very positive and the interview itself was a good one. The folks seemed smart and easy going. The negative is that there was no follow up from HR, which is disappointed not to hear either way, after spending a decent amount of time being interviewed.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First had a phone interview with an HR rep. They asked 10-15 questions about my work style and personality. Next I had another phone interview with the manager of the team I applied for. They went over my resume and asked about projects I had worked on. I then did the Gallup interview. It took about 40 minutes. Lots of questions like, "would you consider yourself _____? Give me an example of a time you showed this quality,,,"

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Terrible experience. The man I interviewed with made it seem like I was wasting his time (he actually took a phone call during the interview). Asked me completely ridiculous questions for an entry level position and was complete jerk. Way to stump the chump.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

On campus interview that was 1:1 the interviewer was very nice and I walked away feeling as though I had interviewed well. There was a large gap in time between the interview and hearing back.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and did a ~30 min phone interview with questions about my resume and past experiences as well as why I wanted to work there. Relatively straight forward and more of a conversation about me than an actual interview. Asked about my future goals and whether or not I would want to stay in regulatory if I was given a job there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

First interview was personality star questions and was not too bad. The second interview was a phone interview with basically all personality questions about your character/behavior/ethics etc. It lasted over 40 minutes and was told a computer generated response will be emailed to stryker. They did not send me a rejection unfortunately but kept me hanging for months.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Received an email at 10pm asking for a phone screening the following morning....was then told to drive 2 hrs to an in-person interview the next morning. Did not receive offer...then, 3 weeks later, received another email from another recruiter asking if I wanted to speak with her about the same position- just screams professionalism. They must really run through people here...

Interview Questions

• This is a step forward in careers for you- convince me to hire you.   1 Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screen with the recruiter. Then a face time interview with the Area sales manager. Then the Gallup test which is a personality test. The best advice I got was to be specific and direct with your answers and give recent examples when asked. Then I went on to the next interview which was a role playing interview. It was tough. They really wanted to see how I would sell and deal with an upset customer. And ultimately how I would close the sale. They didn't care what I knew about the products. I spent too much time studying the features of the products. Then I was onto the final round of the interview process which was between me and one other person. The final round was with the regional sales director and and the area sales manager. It went well, but they decided to go with the other candidate. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Very casual but with a serious tone. Thoroughly went through resume and asked detailed questions. The process is slow, often going weeks at a time without hearing from them.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to get kicked in the nuts?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

3 rounds, all based on character. They seem to like very A-type people, or people that are borderline aggressive. Don't try to fake it, because they can tell. You first do an online survey, and then a phone interview, and then a Gallup interview, and then an on-site interview.