Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
1,041 Interview Reviews

3.3

QC Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Associate of talent acquisition contacted me in order to schedule a phone interview. Associate phoned on the correct day for the phone interview. After interviewing me for thirty minutes the associate was interupted by what sounded like her supervisor. After she stepped away from the call she came back on and stated her supervisor needed her to cover the switchboard. I thought switchboard? What kind of operation is this. The associate stated she would call me back in 30 minutes. The call never came. I emailed her and we scheduled the interview for three days later. She never called. I emailed two more times but never heard a response.
    Before accepting any offer from this company please read this review. This was unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Project Manager Northeast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview along with a mini-Gallup test. That progressed to a full Gallup test, which was scheduled for two hours. Three business days after taking the Gallup, I was told I progressed to the face-to-face interview, and I was flown to Texas. I did six individual interviews in Texas, four F2F and two via the phone.

Stryker is doing incredible work, and it's a very exciting environment with the opportunity to help others. I was impressed by the culture and the collaborative DNA. These people wave at/greet one another, and it's very positive. There seems to be a lot of potential for changing positions and promotions, and everyone I interviewed with had held several different job titles during their tenure. I met several of the other candidates for my position, and they were all directed, smart, and personable.

So while I didn't get the job, I can highly recommend the company and I found the interview process challenging and interesting. Stryker knows who they're looking for and they have a process for finding her/him.

Interview Questions

• If you pass the Gallup, the interview questions will not pose a problem for you. Be articulate, succinct, and honest.   Answer Question

Surgical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received a follow-up email requesting a phone interview. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and contained some basic questions along with a few STAR format questions. After completion of the phone interview I was asked to participate in a Gallup phone interview consisting of 95 tell me about a situation when and STAR questions. Very difficult and taxing but also very helpful because it helps you to understand more of what drives you. The following day I received an email saying that my personality was not an optimal match with their organization but they were grateful for my applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you dealt with the conflict with a coworker. Tons of situational questions so be ready to have lots of examples from your current and previous employment   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Interview

Phone and in-person interview. Phone interview with a recruiter went well and she was very easy to talk to. The in-person interview was 2 on 1 and was a little more intense, with some difficult questions asked. In the end they were looking for someone with more experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to be the best? What if being the best isn't your personal best?   Answer Question
    • When you are angry does everyone know you're angry?   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Had a total of three phone interviews. One with a talent scout from another state, one with the hiring manager, and one with their 3rd party 'Gallup' interviewers. After the third interview they never called back, never emailed, had a friend who worked there and they claimed they had. Decided to email them, no response. Bad look for the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you work harder than others? Do you like planned work or go with the flow? How competitive are you?   Answer Question

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a Phone screen with Recruiter and was told that I should hear back by the end of the week in regards to the next step. Since I haven't heard back by Friday 4pm, I have sent an email to check on status. Received auto reply saying that recruiter is on vacation until Tuesday. I was waiting until Thursday and sent another email just to see where I stand since I am interviewing at other places as well. Still to this date (2 weeks later) I haven't heard from them. Why is it so hard to click on "Reply" button and just say that I don't qualify? At least I know where I stand... Sheesshh

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your team motivated?   1 Answer

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker (Richmond, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Thirty minutes phone interview. Easy interview. It was professional, but casual, and with many quick questions. I spoke a great deal. Be prepared to explain the why to all or most of the questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call interview with recruiter, Gallup assessment & cognitive assessment followed by in person with hiring manager. Gallup interview is focused entirely on questions geared towards the successful skills they've found within people who are successful in the role(s) you are applying/interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Biggest successes & failures, how'd you learn from them   Answer Question

Mako Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Tustin, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with a recruiter and then a phone screening with a Mako Manager that I would be working under. Met with the Mako Manager and the Regional Manager for an in-person interview. Took and passed the Gallup phone interview with flying colors and then was ghosted by the company. Sent several follow-up e-mails and just never heard back. Found that to be very unprofessional as I even had to make an expensive flight reservation change for the in-person interview. I risked that expense because I wanted the job badly. After passing all of these steps, the least you could do is send me a "we've decided to move forward with other candidates" e-mail. Very disappointed and frankly, confused.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Contacted by an internal recruiter to schedule a 30 minute call. Spoke with her at our scheduled time. Contacted within a week by another internal scheduler to set a call with the hiring manager at the Fremont, CA office. Spoke with him at our scheduled time. My application was coded as "no longer under consideration" on the company site after 7 weeks after the interview. During that entire time, I received no response to my calls or emails to either recruiter/scheduler, initiated upon the recruiter's request we talk after I spoke with the hiring manager. Completely confused as this company has a great reputation for employee engagement and and hiring great talent. This experience was not great.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked why I haven't applied to offices geographically closer to my current location. Seemed like a very odd question since the divisions are completely different.   Answer Question