Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.4

Engineer Interview

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR person, then gallup interview, phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally an in person interview. The gallup interview was interesting, I needed to give a lot of examples from previous work and life experience. The in person interview was a long day but seemed well organized.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stryker (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then hiring managers. A pleasure to deal with. Everything seemed great and I aced all of the tech questions. My background fit perfect for the position. Told I was going to be called in for an interview, but... had to take a personality test first. The test lasted an hour and seemed to go great to me. Although I didn't fit into their "mold" so was not called back strictly because of the results. This was confirmed by my HR contact. I have always been commended for my teamwork and dedication so this took me by surprise. Seemed like a great way to weed out good candidates if you don't fit their secret personality formula. Found a great job right after this so all worked out.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were based on materials knowledge.   1 Answer

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

We met in a hotel lobby, the receptionist said that the interviewer had been conducting interviews all day, competitive selection. First interview was a screening interview, very basic. Never heard back.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

I was recruited through my college career fair. After dropping of my resume and answering some simple questions, I received a call back for the next day interview. There were two girls interviewing me one who asked the questions and the other who wrote all my answers down. After this interview, I was then asked to do an over the phone gallup interview. Shortly after the call, I was asked to interview with the company in person.

Interview Questions

• Are you competitive?
      Do you like to work with friends or strangers?
      Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

After having submitted my application online, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. This first interview ran about 40 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was pleasant; she was so friendly and perceptive. Also, she had good knowledge of design, which helped me to express my design’s skills better. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring managers was 4 days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 50 minutes as well. Later, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a week later. It lasted about 45 min. It was pretty straightforward. A day after I completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 14 30-minute interviews with a large group of people such as Vice President, Design Directors, Senior Designers, Engineers, R&D Directors, Marketing Director and Human Resources Manager. I thought I would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly, the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and friendly. A day after of my on-site interview I had another phone interview with one of their Human Resources Managers. A day after, I received a call from the recruiter regarding my offer. Eventually, four days after that call, I was presented with my official offer letter!

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle between multiple projects or assignment? Meaning, how do you manage when you are assigned multiple projects or assignment?   Answer Question
    • When you hit an obstacle, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you outperform others at work? Tell me about a specific time when
      you did this?
      Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

received an email invitation to a phone interview. then a phone call on time in which the recruiter mentioned the interview will be done at different levels and it will take approximately 3 interviews to get the job. one section will be technical, other behavioral and the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe your regular work day in percentages? What CAD software you used before?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After having submitted my application online a month prior, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen/interview. This first interview ran about 15 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was a pleasant experience and she even included information on target salary and benefits for the role. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring manager was a couple of days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 15 minutes as well. Later that evening, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a few days later. It lasted about an hour. It was pretty straightforward; I did not feign any of my responses in terms of my personality. At times I feared my honest responses might eliminate me based on my type A personality and introverted nature. A day after i completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 8 30-minute interviews with a large gamut of people. I thought i would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and amicable. Throughout my experience, I got a real family sense among the employees and an excitedness to be working at Stryker despite some environmental stressors. I was presented with an excellent offer three days after my interview!

Medical Sales Representative Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Syracuse, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position via their website. I have 2 years of experience providing/selling healthcare services/products, but no b2b sales experience. The phone call interview last about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly, professional, and polite. It began with her asking about my background followed by a few common interview questions.

Associate Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough.

The first series of interviews were face to face with Managers asking for a brief background of myself and daily duties with previous employer. The focus then shifted to personality questions and ability to work with others. Next was a scheduled 45 minute phone interview that was all a personality check.

The final series of interviews were in Kalamazoo where I met with a few more Managers and HR. Started the day off with a facility tour then rolled right into interviews. Each interview was pretty similar, checking why do I want to become an FSR with Stryker and how are my people skills. Each interview lasted 30 minutes, asking typical interview questions, nothing out of the norm.

Advice: The questions were redundant but each individual had different personalities changing the manner the questions were asked. I believe the process is there so a handful of people can gauge your personality and consistency. Simply be yourself and express your ability to work with others even when they are challenging to work with and I think you will be good. If your aptitude to perform the role was questionable I don't think you'd make it past the first series of interviews, so relax and engage the questions conversation style.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenge that you had at your previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then received a pre-screen phone interview from a recruiter before a phone interview with the hiring manager.

The initial interview went great but the interview with the hiring manager didn't provide much feedback so I was unsure how it went.