Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.4

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I took the first technical interview on phone. It almost took 50 mins with 3 interviewers. Two of them asked technical questions which are mostly based on your program detail. The last one asked general behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you for this position among all candidates?   Answer Question

Regulatory Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I cleared 2 rounds of over the phone interview, 1st with Stryker's recruiter and 2nd with the Hiring manager. 1st was an easier one where the recruiter went over my educational and professional background and did some Gallup questions. Second one was a little tough with all behavioral questions.

Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a 30 min HR interview then a 1 hour interview with the design director a few days later. Then an 1hr and 30min interview with Gallup - can’t prepare much for this one but just be yourself. In person interviews and a presentation to a whole team. Know about the company!

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

I had a phone interview and after the phone interview was brought in for an in-person interview. My phone interview was a very positive experience and was asked great questions. However, the in-person interview it was clear that they needed to interview a certain amount of people and had already picked the individual for the position. I felt disrespected and that my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Why Stryker?
      Tell us what you know about our company?
      What products do we sell?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Really enjoyed their interview process. They were friendly the entire time and the process went quickly and smoothly. I recommend Stryker! The process consisted of one initial phone interview going over my resume, and then a Gallup interview, and then an on-site interview. The Gallup ensures you will be a good fit in Stryker's culture.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project you have worked on?   1 Answer

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

1.) Applied Online
    2.) Email from recruiter to set up phone interview
    3.) Had phone interview with the recruiter: typical behavioral questions, tell them who you are, why Stryker, about your resume
    4.) Short phone interview with hiring manager: basic questions about you and who you are
    5.) Gallup Interview
    6.) On site interview: 30min presentation in front of 6 people and then 30min interviews with each one.

Seems like an intense interview process but really wasn't. I've had very intense interviews with hiring managers who are like robots and show no emotion. The interview at Stryker was actually very laid back, but still professional. The best way I can explain it - it was like having a normal conversation with them about who you are. It felt very normal being there!

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any difficult questions. Just be prepared to know how to tell people who you are and sell yourself.   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Durham, NC).

Interview

Received an on-campus interview at my university after speaking to a representative at a career fair, was given a series of yes/no questions, then asked to describe my background and experiences in further detail.

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Friendly interview with opportunities for questioning. Low paying but ooportunity for growth within company. Looking for operating room experience. Must be use to blood and surgical environment. Entry level position. Still going through the interview process.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview for about half an hour, Gallup interview took about an hour, 5-hour onsite interview with 9 different employees, the on-site interview was pretty long with almost 75% of the questions were the same for all interviewers.

Legal Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Portage, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Very similiar to what others have posted, there were 4 steps:
    1) HR recruiter screen
    2) Gallup interview
    3) Hiring manager screen
    4) On-site interview, 30 minutes each with 6 people

There were definitely a lot of steps in the hiring process, but in hindsight, it really wasn't that bad. Even though I had indivudal interviews with 6 people for 30 minutes each, they were very much conversation based and had a relaxed feeling. I left my on-site interview really excited about the opportunity to join such a great company with wonderful people. Every person made me feel right at home and their demeanor during the interview told me they wanted to be there. They genuinely cared about what I had to say. If you make it to a face-to-face interview, they're looking to see if your personality is a good fit for the team. You look great on paper and have made it past the Gallup, but if you're not the right "fit", you won't get an offer.

I've been in my new role for a few weeks now, and am 100% confident I made the right decision to come to Stryker. When I asked my interviewers what they're favorite thing about working for Stryker was and all of them said "the people!", I can see exactly why. Everyone I've come across so far is driven, focused, absolutely willing to help out where needed, and wants to see you succeed.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather complete a project that was on-time but not necessarily perfect, or one that was your absolute best work but didn't meet the deadline?

Why do you want to leave your current company? (every person asked me this)

Why Stryker? (every person asked me this)

How do you like to be managed?

Do you prefer to communicate with colleagues face-to-face, email, or phone?
      Answer Question