Stryker Joint Preservation Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Joint Preservation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Nashville, TN) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and completed the typical personality profile and basic testing. A sourcing recruiter then emailed to set up a phone screen, and followed through with a positive phone screen experience. She set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager the following week.

I went for the interview with the hiring manager, who was clearly new at interviewing. He asked irrelevant questions, and his one attempt at a behavioral questions was, "If someone cut in front of you in the grocery store line, how would you react?" He then took my answer as meaning this is how I would react in an ER sales situation. It was completely out of context, and the interviewer convinced himself of a lot of false assumptions.

I am fortunate to not be working for this individual, and likely a company who doesn't care to train their people how to conduct a behavioral interview. In addition, this guy even openly admitted there was little to no training for the role. A little scary, since the role is teaching surgeon's how to use your products while patients are under the knife!

Interview Questions

• "If you were in the grocery store line and someone cut in front of you, how would you react?"   Answer Question