Stryker Interview Questions in Kalamazoo, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.4

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

After having submitted my application online, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. This first interview ran about 40 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was pleasant; she was so friendly and perceptive. Also, she had good knowledge of design, which helped me to express my design’s skills better. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring managers was 4 days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 50 minutes as well. Later, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a week later. It lasted about 45 min. It was pretty straightforward. A day after I completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 14 30-minute interviews with a large group of people such as Vice President, Design Directors, Senior Designers, Engineers, R&D Directors, Marketing Director and Human Resources Manager. I thought I would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly, the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and friendly. A day after of my on-site interview I had another phone interview with one of their Human Resources Managers. A day after, I received a call from the recruiter regarding my offer. Eventually, four days after that call, I was presented with my official offer letter!

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle between multiple projects or assignment? Meaning, how do you manage when you are assigned multiple projects or assignment?   Answer Question
    • When you hit an obstacle, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you outperform others at work? Tell me about a specific time when
      you did this?
      Answer Question

Associate Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough.

The first series of interviews were face to face with Managers asking for a brief background of myself and daily duties with previous employer. The focus then shifted to personality questions and ability to work with others. Next was a scheduled 45 minute phone interview that was all a personality check.

The final series of interviews were in Kalamazoo where I met with a few more Managers and HR. Started the day off with a facility tour then rolled right into interviews. Each interview was pretty similar, checking why do I want to become an FSR with Stryker and how are my people skills. Each interview lasted 30 minutes, asking typical interview questions, nothing out of the norm.

Advice: The questions were redundant but each individual had different personalities changing the manner the questions were asked. I believe the process is there so a handful of people can gauge your personality and consistency. Simply be yourself and express your ability to work with others even when they are challenging to work with and I think you will be good. If your aptitude to perform the role was questionable I don't think you'd make it past the first series of interviews, so relax and engage the questions conversation style.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenge that you had at your previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a 30 min HR interview then a 1 hour interview with the design director a few days later. Then an 1hr and 30min interview with Gallup - can’t prepare much for this one but just be yourself. In person interviews and a presentation to a whole team. Know about the company!

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

1.) Applied Online
    2.) Email from recruiter to set up phone interview
    3.) Had phone interview with the recruiter: typical behavioral questions, tell them who you are, why Stryker, about your resume
    4.) Short phone interview with hiring manager: basic questions about you and who you are
    5.) Gallup Interview
    6.) On site interview: 30min presentation in front of 6 people and then 30min interviews with each one.

Seems like an intense interview process but really wasn't. I've had very intense interviews with hiring managers who are like robots and show no emotion. The interview at Stryker was actually very laid back, but still professional. The best way I can explain it - it was like having a normal conversation with them about who you are. It felt very normal being there!

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any difficult questions. Just be prepared to know how to tell people who you are and sell yourself.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview for about half an hour, Gallup interview took about an hour, 5-hour onsite interview with 9 different employees, the on-site interview was pretty long with almost 75% of the questions were the same for all interviewers.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email from recruiter. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter the following week and then 1 hour interview with hiring manager. 1 hour gallup interview where they ask situation based/personality questions. I was invited to on-site whole day interview which went from 8 am to 2 pm with interviews with 8 different people in cross-functional teams. Each interview was 30 minutes long, everybody asked the same sort of questions over and over again. You'll get tired of telling the same thing to everybody for an entire day. Was later told I was not a good fit, but they would like to consider me for a different role.

Interview Questions

• Why Stryker? Why Quality? 3 words that describe you? Talk about yourself. Why should we hire you? Given 2 different engineering drawing, can you tell me the difference between the two? Stress-strain curves, brittleness, ductility of material tested. What material is likely to fracture first? Where is the likely site of failure? Types of stresses on a beam   Answer Question

Post-Market Regulatory Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online heard back from them about a week later to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, and then a week later I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. The next step after this is the gallop interview and then an in person interview, but I got denied after my phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What types of personalities do you find it difficult to get a long with and why?   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

There were was one non technical phone screen with the HR recruiter. A technical phone screen with an employee, followed by a behavioral interview conducted by Gallup, which was then to be followed by a final interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately I did not pass the behavioral interview as not a good fit. Which was a significant turn around from the behavioral feedback from the recruiter and the technical discussion. I received feedback from the recruiter on all the good things from the Gallup interview but the recruiter would not say why I did not fit in which was surprising given the amount of positives I received in the feedback. My wife was in the room when I was being provided the feedback and was quite surprised when the recruiter said she would not be proceeding based on all the positive feedback. Certainly, given the positive feedback I received from the two phone screens and the Gallup interview it would be hard for anyone to be a fit for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to tell people what to do?
      How do you handle stress?
      What would you do with free time during your day?
      Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted directly by recruiter and scheduled the first interview. Very easy, took 15 minutes. Asked some questions about behavior (like 5). was able to answer their questions about my resume in those questions so the interview was over. Was told that I should expect a response by the end of the day and received one less than two hours later.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

There are several steps involved if they are interested in you and what you have to offer to the company. Unlike many companies I've encountered, Stryker invests a lot of time, effort, and funding getting to know YOU. You will likely learn things about yourself you never knew before the process.

Interview Questions

• Show how you used academic knowledge to solve a technical challenge.   1 Answer