Stryker Interview Questions in Kalamazoo, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.5

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

First round and gallup STRICTLY based off of what personality type you are. They look for TYPE A personalities. Talk about how goal oriented you are, and competitive. They love the competitive nature. Also, the final round is based off of fit with the company / boss and coworkers and if they like you. Know a lot about Stryker and the field you are going into. Left at 10am and got a call at 4pm with an offer. They usually make in offer soon.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Are you a leader? Give an example
      Do you feel okay going against others opinions when discussing things?
      What do you do for fun?
      Why marketing (depends on position)
      Why Stryker?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Did campus recruiting and was invited for phone interview. Was notified I was sent on to next round to do Gallup Interview. No way to prepare for this, all based on personality

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

It is rather extensive but worth it. They are looking for a specific fit and their process allows them to successfully find people that will fit well within their company culture.

It starts with an on campus interview which is simple, typical behavior questions. Then the Gallup. Then On-site.

Associate Strategic Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Disappointing. Absolutely disappointing. I expected a company which prides itself on having strong values and ethics to exercise these values and ethics, but it was not apparent during this interview.

I received an invitation for an interview, which I accepted and provided what was called (by the recruiter) "a fantastic response." On the day of the interview, I was taken aback by how the interview went. There as no discussion about the company, the position, nor my qualifications. All that occurred was a Gallup screening, where there were very generic questions that had nothing to do with how I would succeed with the company. I even tried to bring up discussion about the company and the position by asking 3 follow-up questions, and the responses were vague and one-worded.

I firmly believe this was very discriminatory for people with disabilities (including myself) because if you don't give the right answers to the Gallup exam, then they will send you a rejection form letter in less than 24 hours. There was no evaluation of my skills nor my qualifications and I expected better from this company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

First an HR phone screen then you will speak with the hiring manager. The next step is to take the Gallup test then from there, if you fit their model, you will then have an onsite visit consisting of a 20 minute presentation and a series of 5-6 30 minute one-on-one interviews.
    My experience: During this process, I was handed off 4 different times between HR members: the rep who recruited me, my onsite coordinator, the corporate HR rep, the teams HR rep. First mistake: I was notified 12 hours before I had my onsite interview that I had to give a 20 minute presentation. The onsite coordinator wanted to make sure my file would load on their computer and emailed me to have it sent over. Questing what she was talking about I called her and then 5 minutes later my corporate HR called me to tell me about the presentation he was supposed to tell me about when he setup my onsite interview a week prior. I ended up presenting fine and received an offer 2 days after my onsite interview and then went into the background check process. This background check is done by a 3rd party who only reports to the corporate HR rep and not the teams HR rep. 2 weeks passed and I was notified by HR that if I hadn’t heard anything from the background check company by now I was fine and can give my current employer notice, so I did. I quit my job that Thursday then was informed the following Friday afternoon they had a concern on my background check and would notify me by the following Thursday if I would receive the offer, mind you the paperwork I completed earlier is an offer but is contingent on the background check. The following Thursday came and no one called, emailed or returned my calls. The following Friday morning I received an email from the teams HR rep that they were rescinding the offer. Despite my efforts to contact the many people above, including my future supervisor, my phone calls were not returned and I do not know why I failed the background check and am now unemployed.
    Please be wary of this process, there are too many hands in the pot.

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

After having submitted my application online, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. This first interview ran about 40 minutes and included a mini Gallup interview and just some general questions about my resume. It was pleasant; she was so friendly and perceptive. Also, she had good knowledge of design, which helped me to express my design’s skills better. At the end of our conversation, I was told that she would like to schedule me to speak with the hiring manager soon and we agreed on a date and time.

My next phone interview with the hiring managers was 4 days later. I again spoke about the experiences on my resume and the position was described to me in more detail. This lasted about 50 minutes as well. Later, I received an e-mail to schedule the formal Gallup test.

I completed the Gallup test a week later. It lasted about 45 min. It was pretty straightforward. A day after I completed the Gallup, I received an e-mail and call from the recruiter to schedule the on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 14 30-minute interviews with a large group of people such as Vice President, Design Directors, Senior Designers, Engineers, R&D Directors, Marketing Director and Human Resources Manager. I thought I would feel drained throughout the day, but honestly, the time flew bye. Everyone I spoke with was my kind of person: direct, perceptive, and friendly. A day after of my on-site interview I had another phone interview with one of their Human Resources Managers. A day after, I received a call from the recruiter regarding my offer. Eventually, four days after that call, I was presented with my official offer letter!

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle between multiple projects or assignment? Meaning, how do you manage when you are assigned multiple projects or assignment?   Answer Question
    • When you hit an obstacle, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you outperform others at work? Tell me about a specific time when
      you did this?   Answer Question

Associate Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough.

The first series of interviews were face to face with Managers asking for a brief background of myself and daily duties with previous employer. The focus then shifted to personality questions and ability to work with others. Next was a scheduled 45 minute phone interview that was all a personality check.

The final series of interviews were in Kalamazoo where I met with a few more Managers and HR. Started the day off with a facility tour then rolled right into interviews. Each interview was pretty similar, checking why do I want to become an FSR with Stryker and how are my people skills. Each interview lasted 30 minutes, asking typical interview questions, nothing out of the norm.

Advice: The questions were redundant but each individual had different personalities changing the manner the questions were asked. I believe the process is there so a handful of people can gauge your personality and consistency. Simply be yourself and express your ability to work with others even when they are challenging to work with and I think you will be good. If your aptitude to perform the role was questionable I don't think you'd make it past the first series of interviews, so relax and engage the questions conversation style.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenge that you had at your previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very rigorous but specifically designed to filter for those who would fit into the culture. If you don't pass the Gallup, you won't be able to work here.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Portage, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Stryker is lengthy and demanding. The make sure you fit in 100% with the culture at Stryker before even letting you in the door for an in person interview.

Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a 30 min HR interview then a 1 hour interview with the design director a few days later. Then an 1hr and 30min interview with Gallup - can’t prepare much for this one but just be yourself. In person interviews and a presentation to a whole team. Know about the company!