Stryker Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Stryker

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The process was pretty standard, with the basic questions a recruiter asks, which was then followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager.

Once you're successful with the hiring manager, you'll then be given a personality test via a 3rd party vendor. If you don't fit the profile Stryker is looking for you wont make it in person. This is very ineffective because no set of questions can substitute for conversing and looking someone in the eye to understand what they are truly like. It seems as if they are looking for people that are all one track minded. regardless of their value

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2017.

Interview

Brief recruiter call with explanation of interest and career experience. Followed up by a ridiculous over an hour long Gallup Interview. No concrete feedback, just told me in so many words that I was a progressive thinker but I did not possess the characteristics required by Stryker to continue interviewing. The irony of the interview is that you are told to by the recruiter to be truthful for the Gallup Interview because that's what the company wants to hear, but had I manipulated my answers to what I thought they wanted to hear I am sure I would have had a better chance passing the profiling. I met every qualification in the job description but because of the Gallup results did not accurately reflect my managerial capabilities and it was unable to quantify my skill sets, I did not receive another interview.

Manager Interview

Interview

Be confident in the Gallup.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Interview process started with HR phone call. Next was the hiring manager. I was sent on to do the Gallup survey. When calling to schedule the Gallup survey, I was asked for my birth date. They claimed it was for demographic purposes. When I called to take the Gallup survey, they asked me for my birth date again. Everything seemed to be going well until 2 days after taking the Gallup survey, HR stated that they were considering other candidates. I smell age discrimination.

Interview Questions

• The Gallup survey company out of California asked, "We need to get your age and address. This is for demographic purposes."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

lengthy and time consuming but ultimately found the right fit. Went back into office multiple times to meet with multiple people, often times twice or three times. IF they like you they will bring you in until they make the right decision but it can be confusing for the candidate in the moment.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

1st round with Recruiter (screening), 2nd business leader/manager, 3rd with Gallup (psychometric profiling), final interview with senior director of business. Overall took more than a month. People are friendly. Gallup interview is different, but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why Stryker?
      When was the last time you helped someone?
      A place for everything or everything in it's place?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (New Delhi (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process at stryker is very lengthy ... no. of telephonic interviews, multiple rounds of face to face interviews ... ensuring that only the best of talent gets hired ... only to ruin their professional career as the management is not clear about vision or long term strategy. However, if someone gets a call from Stryker then please go ahead only in case one do not have any other option to pursue on this planet ... Trust me.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute at Stryker ? (even if a hiring manager himself does not know what is he supposed to contribute :-) )   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lot of negotiation took place ... when I declined the offer, HR agreed to whatever I asked for ... (but a year later, I realized that I am at a wrong place)

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in February 2008.

Interview

First, I had a recruiter call me and ask me general questions. Then she scheduled a pre screening interview with Gallup. After I passed the pre screening I was contacted for another Gallup interview. This time more extensive and thorough. They asked questions like Do you like people? Do your friends come to you for advice? Are you competitive? How do you handle drama in the workplace?
    A few days later, I got a call that I had passed the gallup interview and they called me in for a round of interviews. I met with 5 different people in one day. 2 days later I got the offer. I have to say I was suprised how fast it all happened. All 4 interviews and the offer happened in the span of 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing- the HR recruiter told me that if I tried to negotiate they would most likely retract the offer