Stryker Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Appeared disjointed and not everyone seemed to be on the same page about what was going on. It was hurry up and wait and felt like being mass-processed. Recruiter's style was a turn-off.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than other candidates ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ).

Interview

Two phone interviews , first with HR, basically gathering data, second phone interview with hiring manager to gather your work experience. Third interview in person, you will meet more than one person, other managers and some of your future coworkers.

Interview Questions

• If your coworker is lacking behind on a project what would you do?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in October 2015.

Interview

Met on campus at a job fair. Talked to the recruiter and gave them my resume. They called the next day to set up an interview later that week. The first interview was only 20-30 minutes long, was mostly fit questions, followed by 10 quick "Gallup" questions that the do for a pre-screen of their Gallup poll. After that, they called two weeks later to tell me I had passed the first round and they wanted to set up a time for me to do a phone interview with Gallup. I set up the time and Gallup called me to conduct the phone interview. The Gallup interview was about an hour and a half long and was 100% fit questions, "Tell me about a time..." or "On a scale of 1 to 5...". You can't really prepare for the Gallup interview, as it's hard to know what the "right" answer is. Best advice is to just prepare several strong anecdotes and examples from your past to use in the interview. After that second interview, they called me a few weeks later to tell me I had passed and they wanted to know which location/division I wanted to interview at. Round three was held at the location that I decided I was about 9-11 back-to-back half-hour interviews with different department heads. Altogether the series of round three interviews took about 5 hours.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in April 2015.

Interview

I had a initial telephonic interview with the HR person. It lasted for around 40 minutes. All were behavioral questions with many of them requiring an example to substantiate your view. Some of the questions were like How competitive are you (Scale 1 to 10) Do you think you should be liked at work? What does 'team' mean to you? What does customer service mean to you?

Interview Questions

• If your coworker is lacking behind on a project what would you do?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three parts. The first was a preliminary on-campus interview with general interview questions. Then there was a personality interview conducted over the phone through Gallup. Finally was the on-site interviews which consisted of 7-8 interview back to back with different management personnel of various engineering departments. Definitely a challenging process but also very rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class at school? When was a time that you helped someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker (Tempe, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

1. Tell me something about yourself?
        Then I talked about myself for a little bit.
    2. What do your think it is your strength?
    3. Tell me something you know about Stryker and why do you want to join us?
        After that, I ask the interviewer how he get into Stryker and how did he like Stryker. He told me that he was actually a mechanical engineer, and after he get into Stryker, he worked on a position on quality assurance. He also told me that there's a lot of training in Stryker and a lot of corporation and interpersonal communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you know about stryker and why do you want to join us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I initially applied through CareerBuilder.com and immediately had to fill out a personality questionnaire before the application can be officially processed. The HR contacted me soon after about a manufacturing engineering position, asked me a few questions about my work experience and some situational questions. Following the HR phone interview I was told that I would have to pass a Gallup assessment phone interview scheduled a week later. The questions were simple to answer, all situational. Ex. are you an aggressive personality? How do you define a person with common sense? I passed the test and a few days after was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of short 30 min interviews with a broad range of managers and engineers, I had a total of 11 people with whom I interviewed. The interview itself was very nice, informative and gave Stryker a great working place sense. Lots of advancement within the company is offered and the people seem great. By the way, the average age of the employees is upper 20's lower 30's. The job is very interesting, challenging and rewarding. Lots of helpful and nice people work here, it seems. Work culture seems very team oriented, from first glance, although I did read other reviews that state the opposite. Seems like a great place to work, but relocation, cost of living and the pay itself are factors that should be considered.

Interview Questions

Still deciding between offers of Stryker and other companies.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in December 2009.

Interview

Some of the questions were like
    How competitive are you (Scale 1 to 10)
    Do you think you should be liked at work?
    What does 'team' mean to you?
    What does customer service mean to you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you maintained focus in spite of several distractions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied online and was provided with an online Gallup evaluation/personality test after entering my education, field of study, and other information. I received an email the next day from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview, which was similar to the online Gallup evaluation (i.e. lengthy and redundant). I was contacted again by the same recruiter to set up a time to talk to a Gallup representative. The Gallup interview was also very lengthy and vague. I was then contacted by another recruiter from another division.
    Advice to the recruiters: don't waste job seekers' time on the phone and have them go through several Gallup tests (which are very redundant) and rather have them come to the office for an in-person interview after the initial phone interview, especially if they are local!

Interview Questions

• How do you define common sense?   Answer Question
    • How do you define success?   1 Answer
    • 3a-Do you go with the flow or stick to the plan? 3b-Do you like to be a team leader or a team member?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1-5, how honest are you?   1 Answer
    • 5a-How important is it that your co-workers like you? 5b-Do you ever get angry? 5c-Can your co-workers tell that you are mad at them?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The initial process was long. Started with several phone interview with the recruiter. The response time from each email sometimes takes as long as a month. If you are selected for further screening, you will be contacted by a 3rd party company called gallup to see if your traits fits what they are looking for. An onsite 5 hr interview comes next if you are selected and you will be interviewed by several managers and engineers.

Interview Questions

• Several situational questions on how you would handle a situation and the process.   Answer Question