Stryker Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Stryker

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First, I participated in a phone screening by a Stryker recruiter. The recruiter notified me that they liked what I had to say, so she referred me to the Gallup phone screening. Later that week, I participated in the phone screening with an individual from Gallup. A few days later, I was notified by my recruiter that I passed the screening. I proceeded to a phone interview with the hiring manager a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Very intense. Worked with a recruiter, which allowed the process to move a little more quickly, but the process from beginning to end was 3 months. Two phone interviews, a Gallup screening test, and then was invited for the onsite interview. The onsite interview was for a division which required a 1-hour presentation in response to prompts they provided. The Stryker team was incredibly intelligent and talented, but did not always make me feel very welcome throughout the interview. The people sitting in on the presentation did not offer very much positive feedback or ask many questions. After the presentation there was a lunch interview followed by 6 30 minute one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are your Top Strengths?

When is a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what did you do about it?

Why Stryker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are three stages of the interview. The first is a phone interview just to get to know you better, the second is done through an outside company called Gallup. I highly recommend looking up some of the questions beforehand because of how odd they are. The final interview was in person where you meet 7-8 employees who will ask you typical interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 3 steps -> Phone interview -> In Person Interview -> Gallup Personality Test over the phone.

If you interview well then they will proceed to have an HR rep call you to go through the Gallup test. It is a 30 minute phone conversation asking intricate questions on how you would handle situations, many were ethical questions and questions on your personality. If they ask a question that could have a yes or no answer, only answer with yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Email sent from hiring manager, indicating phone interview. 10+ minute phone interview, Followed by another phone interview. Finally onsite visit.

On site consisted of half day of interviews followed by presentation.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were proven wrong? How did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied, took 2 weeks to hear from recruiter to establish a time to interview. Basic interview and Gallup poll took 4 weeks to set up, I emailed the recruiter my availability every week with no response until one day she calls me out of the blue. After that I was told to expect to hear my Gallup poll results in 1 week. I followed up immediately and every week after for 2 months until she reached out to me again out of the blue claiming she had been calling the wrong phone number (how does that happen? my phone number is on the bottom of every email I sent and she had spoken with me once before). She says I passed the Gallup poll and wants to move forward with the hiring manager. About two hours after I get off the phone call she emails me saying they are moving the position to an internal hire to speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• Scale of 1-10 how ambitious are you? How have you done in your previous roles? how would you rate yourself among your peers?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Overall this was a great process! I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter I met on campus. After the phone interview I took the Gallup test. After the Gallup test I was asked to come on-site and interview. The onsite interview was very intense. I had 10 interviews back to back. Overall it was a great experience and now I feel like an expert interviewer. I am still waiting to hear back from them to see if I will receive and offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process was intense, but it makes sense why the company is incredible successful and an industry leader. Be prepared to meet with several people and have your resume / background torn apart for accuracy.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends or those closest to you say that you are not good at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be sure to look up the people you will interview with on LinkedIn if they give you a list. Know their backgrounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

It started with a 30 min phone interview.
    The next stage was the 60 minute Gallup
    The next stage was an in person interview. The day started with a 15 minute presentation about yourself. This is your opportunity to sell yourself and show what your passions are about. They want to know you not why you're fit for the job. Then you meet with the 7 people who watched your presentation and they ask you questions. Have good knowledge of the products and have questions to ask them back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online originally but was denied. Had a friend who worked there submit resume and then was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple and went over my resume and past experiences. After this was told by HR that I would be contacted my a manager to have another phone interview. A week went by and never heard from said manager so I emailed HR person. Said Gallup test wast actually next. Seven days later sent me a link to set up my own Gallup time.

I wont go into detail about Gallup since a lot is written about this here. Just don't sell yourself shot, channel the inner type-A person while remaining true to yourself.

A few days after taking the Gallup I was contacted by my HR person and informed that I fit into the personality type for marketing associate and a materials roles (entry level positions are business planner and purchasing analyst). Both of these roles are in the operations department. She informed me they would like to bring me in to interview for all these roles. After this it took another week to get contacted by someone from the "candidate care specialist team" to set up an interview date.

The day before the onsite interview I was sent a schedule of my interview for the day. It involved eight 30 minute interviews with people from both marketing and operations departments, ranging from low level managers to executive directors. Spent the day looking up these people on Linkedin to get some basic info on them.

Day of interview I arrived at Stryker and checked in at lobby. They made me feel very welcome by putting my name on a TV panel in the waiting area. Girl from HR met me and explained the day and took me to my first interview. Interviews are very quick, 30 minute flies by when you need to go over a resume, build rapport, ask questions and be walked to your next one. Often people were not in there office for my interview so the person I talked to last was on the hook for finding them or they just sent me back to the HR department to wait.

After 4 interviews I had lunch with 2 recent graduates working in similar roles I was interviewing for. This was more laid back, but I found it hard to relax completely with the rapid pace of the whole day. 3 more interviews after lunch, then a phone interview with someone from HR who was offsite.

Three days later I was called back by my initial HR contact and said they could not extend me an offer because I did not give enough concrete examples in building a cross functional relationships to be considered.

Overall I had a positive experience interviewing even though I was not offered a job. The process was slow at times, which I can understand being a large corporation. Everyone as friendly along the way.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about the best team you ever worked with?
      2. What sets you apart from other candidates we are going to interview?   Answer Question