Stryker Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Stryker

3.4

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

It was very simple. Just the normal behavioral questions. First, I had a phone interview, then an in-person one at their headquarters. This one was more technical. Thwe questions were pretty straightforward. The most important thing is to be very confident. Especially on the phone interview. Be confident, be prepared and review glassdoor before hand. Don't be too cocky though. It reflects overconfidence as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in November 2015.

Interview

1. Applied online.
    2. HR emailed to set up phone interview to discuss background and the job.
    3. If HR sees a good fit from responses, a second phone interview with hiring manager is scheduled.
    4. Once hiring manager gave okay for HR to move me forward, I had to schedule a Gallup phone interview.
    5. Once you get confirmation from passing the Gallup (24-48 hours max), a final face to face interview conducted by a full day schedule at corporate office with 8-10 thirty minute interviews with senior level managers and some peers.
    6. Received offer within 24 hours of final interview.

Overall, a very efficient interview and hiring process conducted by Stryker.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation window was very small and structured, but it was possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Go through phone interview with PR and hiring manager which is like 20-25 minutes, then Gallup behavioural interview to gauage your leadership qualities. After which you are called for an onsite interview to check if you are indeed a good fit for the company.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

First interview with recruiter went well (basic background experience and minor behavioral questions), and the Gallup interview was pure behavioral questions. Was told I wasn't a good match after the Gallup.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you pushed through a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at career fair, had an on campus interview, and was contacted to schedule a Gallup phone interview. Both interviews were only 20 minutes long. The phone interview tests your personality and the questions were a little weird, hard to answer with little experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stryker (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then hiring managers. A pleasure to deal with. Everything seemed great and I aced all of the tech questions. My background fit perfect for the position. Told I was going to be called in for an interview, but... had to take a personality test first. The test lasted an hour and seemed to go great to me. Although I didn't fit into their "mold" so was not called back strictly because of the results. This was confirmed by my HR contact. I have always been commended for my teamwork and dedication so this took me by surprise. Seemed like a great way to weed out good candidates if you don't fit their secret personality formula. Found a great job right after this so all worked out.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were based on materials knowledge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long, and quite frankly a huge waste of time. I applied online, and was then contacted by a recruiter. After an initial personality test over the phone, I had a phone interview. I then went on site for a 6 hour interview, which was split into 1 hour chunks with 6-7 engineers, recruiters and HR people. After all of this, they called me and said that they were very interested, but wanted to fly me out to NJ to the orthopedics plant, as they thought that would be a better fit than the medical devices in MI. I expressed enthusiasm for this, and they said they would contact me within the week with my travel plans. After a week and a few days, I hadn't heard from them, so I tried to give my recruiting contact a call. I left a voicemail, which was never returned. I figured they were out of the office, so I sent an email after two or three days, which was never answered. About another week later I tried once more to follow up with a phone call (at this point I was at least hoping that they would just tell me that they changed their minds and were no longer interested in me so I could continue my job search), got the voicemail again, and left another one. That call was never returned, either. Needless to say, I ended up taking a different offer with a company that wasn't wasting my time. If you are interviewing with Stryker, be prepared to be led on and then dropped mysteriously without so much as an email. Personally I will never apply for a job with them again.

Interview Questions

• Many questions such as a time you took on a leadership role, dealt with differing opinions, or were assertive. They're very big on being competitive and like to hire leaders.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an in person interview, followed by a phone interview and finally included a gallup interview. The gallup interview takes only into account the answer you give, not your explanation at all so be careful because they are looking for a very exact type of person. Be prepared to recall examples from the last week of things you've done like being responsible.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself to be more responsible than those around you in class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. He asked some basic interview questions regarding "Why Stryker?" and "Why Engineering", as well as asking some behavioral questions (Gallup test). The interviewer was extremely nice and seemed very interested in getting to know me better. Overall, Stryker was very quick with their process, and got back to me soon after the interview

Interview Questions

• Why Stryker? Why Engineering? What division would you be most interested in working in?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

First is a 20 minute phone interview, asking why you are interested in the position and some basic background questions. If you pass that, the second round is a Gallup Interview, determining if you possess the personality traits required to excel at Stryker. Finally, there is an on site interview, meeting with many different people at the company.