Stryker Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

3.3

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone screen with the hiring manager, then moved to another phone interview with the unit manager, Gallup interview, then an on site visit with multiple interviews. The interviews flowed well; no longer than 30 minutes each minus the Gallup interview which was 90 minutes. The recruiting managers and interviewers were all well organized.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

1.phone screeening
    2. In person interview with hiring manager
    3. Gallup interview (roughly 2hrs, 75 questions.
    The whole Gallup interview process is painful. The test proves nothing. I can provide a fake answer and pass and do a crappy job but instead I answer with the most honest answer. In the end, I ended up with the result of "not a great fit" for the role. It is unfortunate that Stryker would based highly on Gallup to determine if the candidate is a fit or not. It is a biased personality test that proves nothing...

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company website and was contacted by the HR manager about a week later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and she said she wanted me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager and she told me she would like me to come in for an in-person interview with the team, about 4-5 people which would take a half a day. I was then contacted by a different HR manager who set up that interview. Stryker provided very thorough information on where I was going and who I was going to meet with. I met with 4 people ranging from the VP to the hiring manager to a team mate to a co-worker from another team. The interview with each lasted about a half hour. They were typical interview questions. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. I received an e-mail the day after the interview saying that the initial hiring manager should be back in touch with me in a week. After two weeks I contacted her with an email and receive no response. A week later I called her, received her voicemail, and told her if I didn't hear back I would assume no one was interested. I didn't here back from either inquiry.

So the initial process was very positive and the interview itself was a good one. The folks seemed smart and easy going. The negative is that there was no follow up from HR, which is disappointed not to hear either way, after spending a decent amount of time being interviewed.

Sales Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

First phone interview was with an HR rep. I was asked to call gallup to set up my behavior-based phone interview with them. Interview was 40 min of rapid-fire questions, some reworded to see if your answers were the same.

Interview Questions

• Are you an honest person?   1 Answer
    • What feedback did you receive?
      I was told I seek creative solutions to problems and have a good understanding of analytics but that I was not moving on to the next step.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple Steps:

1. Call with an HR representative discussing the company, the position, and a brief overview of your background. If it goes well, you get to the next step...

2. Call with the hiring manager. Here they discuss the operational group, the position within that group, a bit about the products they're currently working on and where you would fit into that. They also go over a bit of their background and a bit more detail from yours that isn't directly in your resume. After that...

3. Gallup Interview designed to align your values with the company, the position, and how it matches with the team. This is where my path stopped. I came from a pharmaceutical background anyway, so I can understand why I was not picked.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based around specific instances of problem solving. Such as problems with SME's, contract manufacturers, etc.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Rotational Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process started with a on the phone interview which went great. The next step is with Gallup, it took me approximately 50 minutes to complete the interview and the next day I got a email saying I wasn't going to the next step. It left me confused on how things are determined, I did ask the Gallup interviewer he couldn't tell me though.

Interview Questions

• Most questions consisted of how well you worked in groups.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume. Several days later was invited to a phone interview. Spoke with one person from HR, for about 25 min. She asked questions from the mentioned Gallup questionnaire. Hard to say what answer they want, this created difficulties in preparation.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer structured or unstructured work environment?
      What accomplishment on your resume you're most proud of?
      Do you often work more than others?
      Are you always busy?
      Answer Question

Sales Operations Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Round 1: phone interview basic HR questions
    Round 2: Gallup interview 100 question - 75 minutes
    Round 3: interview with 5 different people.

Awesome experience, very challenging everyone was very kind and driven. Best advice would to know your stuff and study the company normal things.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Appeared disjointed and not everyone seemed to be on the same page about what was going on. It was hurry up and wait and felt like being mass-processed. Recruiter's style was a turn-off.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than other candidates ?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Went to career fair and dropped of my resume. Got a call within the next week and completed first round. Didn't pass the Gallup personality test phase.