Stryker Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.3

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

The first step is a phone call from the head of the internship program. It's very simple- an interview to get to know you and get a feel for your personality. It was only about 10-15 minutes. Low stress, fairly easy questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Fist they conduct a phone screening, then you interview on the phone with Gallup, and then you are brought on site and interview with multiple teams. The Gallup interview is the most difficult part of the interview process. Just be yourself, because they are looking for a specific type of person and you do not want to be there unless you will fit in well with the company culture.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Tinton Falls, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone Screening wasnt that short we went over my resume, my experience and what my future goals are, then I went through quick questions that I had to answer with few words.

Interview Questions

• few quick questions that I had to answer with few words   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allendale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Allendale, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard, I had three separate phone conversations, 1 with an HR rep, the second with the hiring manager, and the third was a workplace personality/character evaluation through a third part service known as the Gallup

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure, what effect did it have on you, and what did you do to overcome and move forward   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, short phone interview. then forwarded to the hiring manager and spent around 20 minutes talking about my resume. Didn't seem to fill the managers requirements from my interpretation of the tone.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone screen with the hiring manager, then moved to another phone interview with the unit manager, Gallup interview, then an on site visit with multiple interviews. The interviews flowed well; no longer than 30 minutes each minus the Gallup interview which was 90 minutes. The recruiting managers and interviewers were all well organized.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company website and was contacted by the HR manager about a week later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and she said she wanted me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager and she told me she would like me to come in for an in-person interview with the team, about 4-5 people which would take a half a day. I was then contacted by a different HR manager who set up that interview. Stryker provided very thorough information on where I was going and who I was going to meet with. I met with 4 people ranging from the VP to the hiring manager to a team mate to a co-worker from another team. The interview with each lasted about a half hour. They were typical interview questions. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. I received an e-mail the day after the interview saying that the initial hiring manager should be back in touch with me in a week. After two weeks I contacted her with an email and receive no response. A week later I called her, received her voicemail, and told her if I didn't hear back I would assume no one was interested. I didn't here back from either inquiry.

So the initial process was very positive and the interview itself was a good one. The folks seemed smart and easy going. The negative is that there was no follow up from HR, which is disappointed not to hear either way, after spending a decent amount of time being interviewed.

Sales Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

First phone interview was with an HR rep. I was asked to call gallup to set up my behavior-based phone interview with them. Interview was 40 min of rapid-fire questions, some reworded to see if your answers were the same.

Interview Questions

• Are you an honest person?   1 Answer
    • What feedback did you receive?
      I was told I seek creative solutions to problems and have a good understanding of analytics but that I was not moving on to the next step.   Answer Question

Project Manager Advance Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I did the gallup. You need to research type A personality. Work is always number one priority in your life. Being number 1 is the main goal.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple Steps:

1. Call with an HR representative discussing the company, the position, and a brief overview of your background. If it goes well, you get to the next step...

2. Call with the hiring manager. Here they discuss the operational group, the position within that group, a bit about the products they're currently working on and where you would fit into that. They also go over a bit of their background and a bit more detail from yours that isn't directly in your resume. After that...

3. Gallup Interview designed to align your values with the company, the position, and how it matches with the team. This is where my path stopped. I came from a pharmaceutical background anyway, so I can understand why I was not picked.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based around specific instances of problem solving. Such as problems with SME's, contract manufacturers, etc.   Answer Question