Stryker Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Project Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews and in person interviews prior to being invited to by flown to Dallas for the final candidate interviews. This onsite interview was with 6-8 directors of different departments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver a difficult message?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Greenville, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I found the position on the company website. I worked for a medical company prior that worked with Stryker all the time, I did the same type of work and was perfectly qualified for the position.
    I submitted my resume online, and was contacted in 15 minutes by HR. I did my HR pre-screen and was given a time to interview with the hiring manager.
    Upon interviewing with the hiring manager, he made it seem as though they wanted to hire me and told me he would have the same HR lady contact me with the next steps, she then left on vacation and I didn't hear from her for a almost a month. Then she contacted me, stating that I was a perfect match and told me that the next step would be taking the Gallup test, which was all just behavioral questions and to answer them honestly.
    I took the test about a week after the conversation with HR, and waited to hear back from her regarding the next step (in person interview in TX). I was sent an email stating that I did not pass the Gallup test. I was in shock, this interview process took over two months, 4 interviews and I didn't even get to the final interview.
    Looking back, I let the interviews and the words the interviewer used allow me to think I was already given the position, that I was just going through the formalities. I actually had turned down another position because I was that sure I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you creative or analytical?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Met at a campus career fair over a course of a week they were there. I returned for an interview the next day. The first interview was mostly your standard, why do you want to work here, how will you be a fit, etc. They explained the Gallup interview process as well. Stryker is known to have many interviews (12-15) before they feel confident hiring a full-time employee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got an email for a phone interview request with in the same day. Recruiter asked some general questions and didn't get into too detail about work. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. No follow up after that. So I guess I wasn't the one.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2013.

Interview

I filled out the standard online application and was notified about three days later that a phone interview would be scheduled. It was very easy to set this up and the phone interview took about 20-30 minutes. I got an email a few days later that said basically that I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions - Why do you want to work for Stryker? Tell me more about your previous jobs/internships.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ).

Interview

Thorough interview process with several different managers representing different business units within the company. They wanted to see that I had done my research about the corporation but mostly the division. Some serious engineering questions, too. Design and engineering rationale, drawing interpretation, and medical device understanding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked if offer was up for negotiation. Instantly declined negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

This review applied to my interview process at Stryker Orthopaedics in Mahwah, NJ. The entire interview was conducted inside a small to medium sized conference room to the side of the main lobby. For a few hours, different groups of people came into the conference room at different times to ask the standard interview questions (see below).

Interview Questions

• There was no one interview question that really stood out, they were just the standard interview questions, like describe your work history, why did you leave this or that job, what do you see as your greatest strengths, and so on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that took my information and forwarded me to Styker HR. I had 2 phone interviews with styker HR then a phone interview with an engineer. After that they had me take a personality test and they ran a background check. After all of this they flew me out to Michigan to meet with the various department heads where each of them had a custom little test ready for me. At the end of the day I was meeting with a director of product development and he had me take a test where I read a patent and reproduced a part based on it. After that test he told me I won't give you a job because you would be bored here, however I will recommend you to the advanced product development team. The advanced product development team flew me out the next week to meet with them, after meeting with everyone on the team one on one and going to lunch with one of there higher ups, I sat down with a team member that only asked me if I had managerial experience, I told him no and he told me that they would not offer me a job based on that. At the time I was fresh out of school and had a few months work experience at no time did I pretend to have managerial experience.

TLDR: They were unable to read a resume ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• I was given a patent to read and I had to explain the mechanism.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone. Had very basic, resume-esque, questions asked. It was not a difficult interview yet I did not get an in-person interview. They were very boring and methodical on the phone.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)) in January 2013.

Interview

Zuerst kommt ein ersten Abtasten über ein Telefoninterview. Danach wird auch per Telefon einvGallup Persöhnlichkeitstest durchgefürt das ingesamt etwa 60 Minuten dauert. Ziel davon ist es heraus zu finden ob man ins Persöhnlichkeitsprofil der Firma passt. Nach Auswertung und bestehen des Tests kommt dann ein Vorstellungsgespräch vor Ort. Bei mir blieb es bei einem Vorstellungsgespräch und danach habe ich relativ schnell (nach 2 Tagen) ein Angebot bekommen.