Stryker Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview was different than any other I have had. I was briefly asked to summarize my background but I wasn't asked any questions about it. Instead I was given a series of rapid fire personality questions. After this, the interviewer explained the job and benefits. Unfortunately, for the work that they are looking for project managers to perform they do not offer appropriate compensation so I ended up turning down the invitation for a second interview. They explained that they are looking for someone who takes their work home with them and is willing to work up to 70-75 hours a week. They also want the project manager to be willing to drive over a territory covering a few hundred miles in their personal car. They offer no compensation for work over 40 hours even though they expect far more.

Additionally, the job title is misleading. A project, by definition, is a one-time and temporary effort resulting in a unique product or service. Stryker's project managers travel around to different medical facilities overseeing the installation of their suite of medical devices. In this case, the development of the medical device suite would have been a project but the constant installation process falls under operations. A more appropriate title for this work would be installation operations coordinator rather than project manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple Steps:

1. Call with an HR representative discussing the company, the position, and a brief overview of your background. If it goes well, you get to the next step...

2. Call with the hiring manager. Here they discuss the operational group, the position within that group, a bit about the products they're currently working on and where you would fit into that. They also go over a bit of their background and a bit more detail from yours that isn't directly in your resume. After that...

3. Gallup Interview designed to align your values with the company, the position, and how it matches with the team. This is where my path stopped. I came from a pharmaceutical background anyway, so I can understand why I was not picked.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based around specific instances of problem solving. Such as problems with SME's, contract manufacturers, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Telephone Interview, with a lot of STAR questions. What makes you frustrated? Do you want to be liked by your coworkers? Tell me a time when you overcame an obstacle? Interview was mater of fact and was not to difficult. Standard type questions asked in probably 80 percent of interviews.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in September 2016.

Interview

Up to this time, I had 2 screening interviews by phone: 1 with the HR and 1 with the hiring manager. Next step will be Gallup assessment by phone.
    Great interviews so far, and I hope to have an offer because I loved the company and the people I got the chance to talk.

Interview Questions

• Willing to take risks or more conservative?
      Do you outperform others on your work?
      How do you deal with conflicts?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven´t gotten there yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

very long process, contacted by the director of hr, and the first interview was very easy and short, classic questions, the second one was with the manager of the position, strong and enjoying. after that, the Gallup interview, very strong and difficult... a lot of questions, very stressing. i think that this type of interview made of a lot of questions by a person who didn't speak very well english for me are terrible

Interview Questions

• your weakness, your point of force, are you a team leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Completed an initial interview with a hiring manager at a hiring fair. Then I completed a 1.5 hour interview over the phone with a representative of Gallup to gauge my personality. After successfully making it through Gallup, I was flown to Dallas (on Stryker's dime) for 8 individual interviews with a variety of managers and directors. Most were very friendly, all were professional. Some interviewes were very standard (resume based), while others were more of a test of my PM knowledge and skills. I was contacted by HR about 5 days later with a written offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have been in charge of?
      How would you handle an angry client?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick "find common ground" questions. "I know who you are via black and white, fill in with color" Basically, just walk through your resume and highlight the attributes that show you are an ALPHA.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: How competitive are you on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Phone interviews, in-person interviews, gallup survey

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Started with an initial phone interview from HR mainly situation/personal based. Went through Gallup test over the phone. Next step was phone interview with hiring manager. The last step was in person interviews. After clearing all this, the HR made a offer pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• How honest are you   1 Answer
    • Do you want to be liked by all your peers   1 Answer

Way below my current salary and i had another offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2017.

Interview

Head hunted via LinkedIn. I received an inmail where I was asked if I have any interest in the firm. I also got the JD description and then to propose an convenient time and day to discuss further.

Interview Questions

• Background check on my roles and duties   1 Answer