Stryker Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stryker

3.1

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Four phone interviews total with recruiters, hiring manager, and a Gallup. I felt that they went very well, my skill sets matched the position, and I got along very well with the hiring manager. However, based on my Gallup results they told me they were moving forward with another candidate. It was a pretty lengthy process and disappointing that it was based solely on the Gallup, but everyone was enjoyable to work with and very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

Lengthy Process. Interview times were very drawn out and had weeks between phone interview, then would not hear back for several weeks on next step. Seemed disorganized, offer came down to third party personality interview after a two month interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker (Elizabeth, NJ) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter for this position. I was called onsite for interview later on.They asked me several questions about previous experience. The interviewer took informal interview and she introduced me to immediate manager. They told me about the position on detail and explained role n detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience as quality engineer in your last job.Do you have knowledge about NCR and CAPA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Four interviews in the span of 4 weeks-
    1- HR over phone
    2- Hiring Manager over phone
    3- Gallup 75 Qs over phone
    4- In person, on site with various people separately

All rounds were good and I got timely feedback except for the last round where I am not sure why they’d pick such personalities to represent the Stryker Corporation. Out of the five people I interviewed with, 2 of them were not pleasant interviewers.

First one was someone with whom I could not get a word in because they were so hyper and extremely talkative- almost no pauses. I was able to say maybe 4 sentences in the 45 minutes total that I spent with them. This was the first interview and albeit a nice person, they were draining; I felt very exhausted by the end of the interview with this person, and this was only the first of five. I texted a friend afterwards that I just had interview with someone who prob had 15 cups of coffee this morning.

And in the end, I was told my answers were not detailed enough. Maybe they would’ve been different if I had gotten a chance to talk and not felt drained after only being there for 45 minutes.

The next three interviews were ok, they were more of a conversation I thought and I got to learn more about the job and the duties involved.

The last one was the worst one. It was with someone that behaved as if they owned the company and tried to intimidate me with their overall demeanor- tone of voice, body language and attitude. I felt they were very aggressive (in a bad way) and wanted me to fail and came across as someone with a massive superiority complex. They asked questions super fast, some unrelated to the job in question and in such manner as if to simply prove to themselves that they’re smarter- one after another without allowing me to finish answering the previous question that was asked. Very rude and abrupt. And like I said earlier, I was not selected because my answers were not detailed enough. Granted there are some facets of my work I can not discuss, I think the outcome would’ve been different had these two people not been on the panel. I have the qualifications and credentials for the job, passion, enthusiasm, and the capacity to learn and adapt.

Oddly enough, these two weren’t even supposed to be on the panel according to the initial itinerary I got for on site interview. They were added to the panel day before the interview. Unclear as to why.

Also, turns out this last person was someone I would’ve not even worked with had I been hired. Why was this person on the interview panel in the first place then? Quite baffling and in a way left me wondering why Stryker would pick such personalities to represent their company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Long process but very positive. Difficult questions but if you know your job and are honest about who you are you will do well. 1 phone screen with recruiter then the next was with the hiring manager. The Gallup took about 45 mins over the phone. Half day in site interview was great. Met with multiple managers and team members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

the first interview on the phone was long and the questions were very tricky. This interview was through the HR representative. She asked all personality questions. The second phone interview with the hiring manager was more confortable and more laid back. I feel the interview was more about how you can fit in the company with your personality rather than your skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone calls including a third-party personality test that lasted roughly an hour and a half. They're very particular about employees fitting a certain type that works best for their environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

After I applied online I had a preliminary 30 min phone interview with HR only with behavioral questions, it was weird and uncomfortable since she didn't give much time to answer and she wouldn't rephrase the questions when I asked, even if some were not clear. The 2nd was with Gallop, only behavioral questions but longer. Apparently if you pass it and fit their psychological profile they will find a position for you that fits your technical expertise.
    Then I had 2-3 technical phone interviews and I flew there for a series of 6 one-on-one interviews in person. They didn't offer me the position but they called me back for another one, I said I was available and I had to go again through a couple of phone interviews and 5-6 in person. which made the process really tiring.
    The non-behavioral questions were usually comfortable, the people were friendly and the company gave me a great impression.

Interview Questions

Mostly personal reasons for not moving to Michigan but also the length of the process, especially after I flew there a first time.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

I had a total of 3 phone interviews, one with the recruiter, 2nd with the hiring manager and last was the Gallup interview. The recruiter was a nice guy but took a long time in getting back to me about next steps.

Interview Questions

• The Gallup interview has some strange questions which cannot be answered immediately.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

** READ THIS** A brief phone interview with a recruiter and then a full personality test conducted by Gallup. The Gallup interviewer can be very rude and cut you off mid-sentence so don't let that throw you during the interview. During the personality test they are trained to listen for emotion so during questions such as "How do you feel about not completing a commitment?" It is best to sigh or audibly groin then give your answer. They will also ask questions that seem repetitive such as are you helpful, reliable, responsible follow through on commitments, etc. they want to test you for concurrency so just keep calm and keep giving them examples of times you met these qualifications. The whole Gallup interview conversation took about 35 minutes. They are looking for natural troubleshooters and general type A personalities. Hope this was helpful, good luck.

Interview Questions

• My pen just stopped working, how would you go about troubleshooting to fix it?   2 Answers