Stryker Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Quality Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Long process but very positive. Difficult questions but if you know your job and are honest about who you are you will do well. 1 phone screen with recruiter then the next was with the hiring manager. The Gallup took about 45 mins over the phone. Half day in site interview was great. Met with multiple managers and team members.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

** READ THIS** A brief phone interview with a recruiter and then a full personality test conducted by Gallup. The Gallup interviewer can be very rude and cut you off mid-sentence so don't let that throw you during the interview. During the personality test they are trained to listen for emotion so during questions such as "How do you feel about not completing a commitment?" It is best to sigh or audibly groin then give your answer. They will also ask questions that seem repetitive such as are you helpful, reliable, responsible follow through on commitments, etc. they want to test you for concurrency so just keep calm and keep giving them examples of times you met these qualifications. The whole Gallup interview conversation took about 35 minutes. They are looking for natural troubleshooters and general type A personalities. Hope this was helpful, good luck.

Interview Questions

• My pen just stopped working, how would you go about troubleshooting to fix it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

the first interview on the phone was long and the questions were very tricky. This interview was through the HR representative. She asked all personality questions. The second phone interview with the hiring manager was more confortable and more laid back. I feel the interview was more about how you can fit in the company with your personality rather than your skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The discussion lasted approximately 30 minutes. We discussed my background and the role for 20 minutes and spent the remaining time on the Gallup questions. The Gallup questions were straight forward. I answered them openly and honestly. There was time to ask questions at the end of the discussion.

Interview Questions

• Do you work harder than others?   1 Answer
    • What kind of people do you want to work with?   1 Answer
    • Are you analytical?   1 Answer
    • How do you make decisions?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Several phone interviews by the recruiter and manager, followed by the Gallup personality quiz. This personality quiz is unconventional but I really liked it. There isn't really a way to prepare and it is best to just answer honestly - this type of blind audition works to see both if you are a good fit for Stryker and vice versa. This is a particularly good practice for a company with so many type A, driven people, as Stryker most definitely is.

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online in July. Had a quick 30 min phone interview with a HR recruiter a week later which was half "tell me about your experiences" and half a quick Gallup screening interview of ~20 questions. A week later had another 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager which was strictly explaining the role and a few behavioral experience-based questions. A week later had a Gallup phone interview which was supposed to take an hour but only took about 35 min. You can research the questions on Glassdoor all you want but you really cant prepare for it, just be yourself and answer quickly and honestly. Was contacted a week later about scheduling an on-site interview. Two weeks later had the onsite interview where I had 3 one-on-one morning interviews, then lunch with 3 people, then 4 more afternoon interviews. One interview was technical where I was given blueprint designs for a product, told two parts were not working, and asked to determine why and then calculate the failure rate given 30 data points. Was fairly easy and the interviewer helped me along a lot. All other interviews were very standard informational and behavioral interviews, they flat out told me they weren't trying to make it hard on me, just getting to know me. Everyone was incredibly friendly. Took another week and a half to hear back and receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• Gallup: On a scale of 1-10 how organized are you? Are you an expert at anything and if so, what?

Behavioral: Tell me about your experience at X? Give me an example of a time things didn't go as planned and what you did about it. Give me an example of a time you solved a problem. What method of problem solving do you like to use? What do you think about giving feedback?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Flower Mound, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone calls including a third-party personality test that lasted roughly an hour and a half. They're very particular about employees fitting a certain type that works best for their environment

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker in July 2014.

Interview

1 hour behavior interview with gallop on the phone, and then I was brought in for an in-person interview. I talked to a couple of employees there including the manager.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

I had a total of 3 phone interviews, one with the recruiter, 2nd with the hiring manager and last was the Gallup interview. The recruiter was a nice guy but took a long time in getting back to me about next steps.

Interview Questions

• The Gallup interview has some strange questions which cannot be answered immediately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

As I was already an employee of Stryker, interview process was pretty seamless. I spoke to a recruiter about a particular position and he got feedback on me from my current manager. He then set up interviews with several engineers and managers that I would be working with. A week later I was called by the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions: how would you react to this situation, how do you go about your work, how do you work with others, etc.   1 Answer