Stryker Quality and Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Quality and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed for two different positions at Stryker. My advice for candidates that are interviewing for any role is to talk about your experience as a whole without emphasizing any particular area/interest too much. It's hard to get a sense of a person in one meeting so it's important that you give a true representation of all your professional experience. The recruiter for the first position did provide me with the team's post-interview feedback and indicated what roles the company thought I would be better suited for. I didn't necessarily agree but I think the impression that I gave them made them think otherwise.

The second interview was for a communications role. I was very excited about this position. The communications team was fantastic and had some very interesting projects coming down the pipeline. The hiring manager indicated during the interview that he/she would be very selective in choosing candidates for the communications team because she wanted the right mix of people. One thing I liked about the interview process is getting to meet everyone that I would potentially work with. Ultimately, I was rejected for the role because I did not have enough "experience under my belt." I'm curious to know if that was real reason because I'm not sure why I was brought in for an on-site interview if that was the case. I was very disappointed because I had postponed a trip I had been planning for months and sacrificed a day of PTO to be rejected on the basis of something that should have been discernible based on my resume and the two previous interviews that were conducted for the position.

Overall, I think that Stryker seems like a great place to work and grow your career. Everyone that I interviewed with seemed happy in their role and I think that speaks volumes about the company. Best of luck to future candidates!

Interview Questions

• If your best friend wrote an instruction manual about you, what would it say?   Answer Question