Stryker Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.2

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

- Applied to job online
- Recruiter from Stryker called 1 week later and did a short interview on the phone then scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager
-Did a face to face interview with hiring manager the next week and was asked to take the Gallup Interview
- I have taken the Gallup interview, but have not been contacted by Stryker to let me know what the results were

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced adversity? Explain.
    Why do you like sales?
    What’s the most important part about meeting with a customer for the first time?
    What are some of your recent achievements?
    Have you ever had to be forceful or aggressive with someone/customer? Explain.
    Do you plan out your work week in advance? Explain.
    Can you get people to help you because they like you? Explain.
    Do you consider yourself a leader?
    How would your success at Stryker be measured?
    Are you competitive?
    Do you feel financially stable?
    Do you think about numbers on a daily basis?
    Are you an overachiever or underachiever?
    What is your biggest success in life?
    How are you customer oriented?
    How do you measure your success each day?
    Do you prefer a base salary or commission based salary?
    On a scale of 1-5 how responsible are you?
    Should employees be compensated based on performance or progression?
    Are you honest? How do people know you’re honest?
    Do you keep promises?
    Have you helped other during the past week? How did you help them?
    Do you like scores/numbers that tell how people are doing?
    Are you persuasive? Give an example of how you were persuasive.
    Should you treat all surgeons the same?
    Do you defy limitations? Explain.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter in order to set up a face time interview with the Hiring Manager. The interview went well, but I was disqualified for putting PRESENT on my Resume, when I had quit two weeks ago. I sent my resume to Stryker two weeks ago, so how could I have possibly lied. This was an injustice and really showed me what the company is all about. Trying to catch me in a lie when I told the truth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Multiple stages of interview starting with phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, you meet with the sales manager then the team you will be working with. Make sure to research the company prior to your interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2017.

Interview

Very long and difficult process but overall very positive. Although there were 5 rounds of interviews the process took about a month.

- Received a call from the recruiter the day after I applied. Scheduled a phone interview which was 30 minutes with straight forward easy questions. He was very nice and easy to talk to.
    - Received a call the next day from an HR inviting me to an in-person interview with the sales manager. Met with the sales manager a week later where we thoroughly went over my experience as well as how I handle day to day situations . He made it clear this is a very difficult job and you need to be able to handle putting work over everything else in a thankless industry.
    - Next was the Gallup, which was an hour long phone interview. Many tough questions and make sure you have a lot of examples for "give me a time when."
    - Lastly, I met with the sales team (two different times). This interview was more of a friendly conversation, getting to know each and learning more about the position.

I got calls from the sales manager and HR representative throughout the whole process checking to see how I was feeling about each interview which made it much less stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for a phone call with a company recruiter the next day. I scheduled for the call about a week later and the recruiter called me promptly on time. I tried to be cheerful and excited but she was not receptive. It was a scripted interview with a question about my work experience then some personality questions. She didn't leave any room after I'd answer one question to ask me the next. She also did not answer my questions I had for her very well. She was extremely short in her answers and didn't really give me full information about the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I want a career in sales, some feedback I've gotten from bosses or employers, how I'm improving on that feedback, my two biggest achievements   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. It was about 20 minutes. I spoke to the recruiter. She asked great questions. Some I was a little thrown off by but overall good experience. She went into detail about the job description and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how important is winning to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with hiring managers in hotel for 2 on 1 interview. Asked typical behavior style questions and walked through resume. After being advanced to the second round, I could not attend the next interview due to a trip I had scheduled and booked flights for before even applying for the job. The HR rep said she would get back to me and reschedule. After 6 weeks and many emails going unanswered, the HR rep got back to me saying the position had been filled. Didn't have the courtesy to let me know they had filled it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview process was long. There were many steps to it. You had a phone interview, computer interview, one on one interview, and another interview after that. Similar questions, and it was not that hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online - received an email asking to do a phone screen, phone screen took about 30 minutes, was told I would be moved on to the next step in the process, then never heard back. Attempted to follow up multiple times and never heard anything. Do not tell potential employees they will hear from you and never reach out again. They have done this with multiple positions, it is extremely rude.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

It was a long interview process which consisted of several phone interviews, multiple in-person interviews and right-alongs with reps working in the field. The interviews were very challenging and often felt like interrogations to gauge how the applicant reacts in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• How did you pay for your college education?   1 Answer