Stryker Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

3.2

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

It was a long interview process which consisted of several phone interviews, multiple in-person interviews and right-alongs with reps working in the field. The interviews were very challenging and often felt like interrogations to gauge how the applicant reacts in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• How did you pay for your college education?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, one on one, video presentation/sales pitch, Gallup personality phone interview... Phone screen was set up with similar questions as Gallup. One on one went awesome, video was challenging but awesome... The Gallup personality test was the most challenging. Hard to be yourself and answer without trying to "fit their mold." Overall, great company and was upset to have to go! They have reached out for a different position to get my foot in the door. Looking forward to the future and hoping I'll find my place at Stryker!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

1 short 15 minute phone screen, 2 face-to-face interviews, read Strengths Finder Book 2.0 and did only survey to find my Top 5 strengths, then I went to the local home office to demonstrate a surgical procedure from to start until finish and to also assemble instruments in the order they would be used for the procedure, I had 2 ride-A-long in the OR, and a Gallup phone interview as well.

Interview Questions

• You are faced with one product that you can sell in bulk with pricing flexibility and another product that has no pricing flexibility but it is a higher ticket item. You can only sell one of the two forever which one do you sell and why?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

- Applied to job online
    - Recruiter from Stryker called 1 week later and did a short interview on the phone then scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager
    -Did a face to face interview with hiring manager the next week and was asked to take the Gallup Interview
    - I have taken the Gallup interview, but have not been contacted by Stryker to let me know what the results were

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced adversity? Explain.
      Why do you like sales?
      What’s the most important part about meeting with a customer for the first time?
      What are some of your recent achievements?
      Have you ever had to be forceful or aggressive with someone/customer? Explain.
      Do you plan out your work week in advance? Explain.
      Can you get people to help you because they like you? Explain.
      Do you consider yourself a leader?
      How would your success at Stryker be measured?
      Are you competitive?
      Do you feel financially stable?
      Do you think about numbers on a daily basis?
      Are you an overachiever or underachiever?
      What is your biggest success in life?
      How are you customer oriented?
      How do you measure your success each day?
      Do you prefer a base salary or commission based salary?
      On a scale of 1-5 how responsible are you?
      Should employees be compensated based on performance or progression?
      Are you honest? How do people know you’re honest?
      Do you keep promises?
      Have you helped other during the past week? How did you help them?
      Do you like scores/numbers that tell how people are doing?
      Are you persuasive? Give an example of how you were persuasive.
      Should you treat all surgeons the same?
      Do you defy limitations? Explain.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2017.

Interview

Very long and difficult process but overall very positive. Although there were 5 rounds of interviews the process took about a month.

- Received a call from the recruiter the day after I applied. Scheduled a phone interview which was 30 minutes with straight forward easy questions. He was very nice and easy to talk to.
    - Received a call the next day from an HR inviting me to an in-person interview with the sales manager. Met with the sales manager a week later where we thoroughly went over my experience as well as how I handle day to day situations . He made it clear this is a very difficult job and you need to be able to handle putting work over everything else in a thankless industry.
    - Next was the Gallup, which was an hour long phone interview. Many tough questions and make sure you have a lot of examples for "give me a time when."
    - Lastly, I met with the sales team (two different times). This interview was more of a friendly conversation, getting to know each and learning more about the position.

I got calls from the sales manager and HR representative throughout the whole process checking to see how I was feeling about each interview which made it much less stressful.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

1. Phone screening Recruiting dept. - (Recruiter plays a big role through out process)
    2. Face 2 Face- (Meet w/sales manager & senior rep)
    3. Face 2 Face- (Meet w/GM & sales manager)
    4. Gallup- (Be yourself and answer questions with your initial thoughts)
    5. Face 2 Face- (Meet sales manager again, plus the team)

Tough, long process so Stryker can make sure this is what you want, and you are what they want. Keep in mind you will be tested even when you don't think you are.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better than the other candidates? Do not say honesty, work ethic, or your the best. You have 60 seconds go.   7 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

Interview

BE PREPARED- research the company prior to any interview. Don't be afraid to ask for the job and tell them why they should hire you. STRYKER has plenty of people out there who want the opportunity so go out of your way to stand out and be memorable.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the person we just met with who has O.R. sales experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a job in the Bay Area. Set up a quick 15 minute phone interview with her and then was set up with another phone interview with the sales managers. That was with 2 people on a conference call and lasted about an hour. They seemed somewhat unprepared, but regardless the interview was smooth and they asked me all generic sales experience questions.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you were unable to help a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

Interview

Extremely lengthy yet thorough interview process. Many steps but well worth it as Stryker hires the most talented sales reps.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a situation that goes against your morals? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Portland, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

Much easier if you have a referral within the company as this company has stringent criteria. They are definitely looking for type A personalites who come from a team-oriented environment and are extremely competitive. past athletic achievements and academic achievements will go a long way in helping you assimulate into their culture.