Stryker Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.5

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the territory manager. The manager seemed to be reading questions off a script. Did not seem very interested in relevant dialogue outside of their agenda.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Received an email at 10pm asking for a phone screening the following morning....was then told to drive 2 hrs to an in-person interview the next morning. Did not receive offer...then, 3 weeks later, received another email from another recruiter asking if I wanted to speak with her about the same position- just screams professionalism. They must really run through people here...

Interview Questions

• This is a step forward in careers for you- convince me to hire you.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Very casual but with a serious tone. Thoroughly went through resume and asked detailed questions. The process is slow, often going weeks at a time without hearing from them.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to get kicked in the nuts?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process took approximately 6 weeks. I was an employee referral and went through the HR phone screening, a 1:1 interview with the RM, Gallup Personality Test, and a Case Study presentation in front of 3 RM's. The entire process was a good experience for someone like me who is coming from outside of the medical device industry. I will note however, that in my "Case Study" presentation/interview, hardly any emphasis was placed on the actual work and thought process behind the study. The interview rather, was filled with role playing scenarios and questions relating to the hospital dynamics. I found this to be slightly off putting. As a candidate coming from outside of the industry who progressed through to this stage, the RM's knew my working knowledge of Hospital dynamics was limited...which is why showcasing my thought process around the case would have actually been beneficial to explain my logic and reasoning concerning financial options presented rather than focusing on what my conversation with a surgeon would be (something that can be taught). They say they don't mind candidates without prior med device experience.....my experience taught me otherwise. Something to keep in mind. Goodluck!

Interview Questions

• Your product trial starts in 1 week. Your target surgeon is about to scrub into the OR. You have 30 seconds to speak to him. What do you say? Go.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

very lengthy; multiple interviews; very tough personality test. the interviewing managers try to be very tough and intimidating. they look for quick confident answers and do not like beating around the bush. know yourself and answer with confidence.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember specific questions from the interview. it was a very lengthy interview process. most of the questions were unscripted and required quick thinking and ability to answer questions in detail from past experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The Sales Representative interview process highlighted the fact that you must start from the bottom and work your way up. You must be willing to travel from time to time and be flexible with working late hours, if need be. The HR staff is very willing to answer any questions you have; I would ask as many as you can conjure.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email saying the regional manager wanted to speak with me. Regional manager was nice and laid back. Interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. Very straight forward, no questions that were out of the ordinary. I didn't have enough OR experience to move on to the next stage.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

1st F2F interview. Felt like interviewee was running through the questions. Could be because first candidate was late for the interview and it lasted awhile. Didn't talk much about the company or position. Questions were a bit difficult and caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to read? What was the last book you read?
      Biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Only focus on personality, not experience and actual skills. Long, drawn out, redundant. Just seemed like a waste of time for an experienced professional. Good company, horrible interview process. A shame. The process should be both personality and skills/experience based. Really ostracizing some good talent.

Interview Questions

• Your typical behavioral and situational questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

phone screening with hr and in person interview with regional sales manager. lots of questions about my personality and how I handle certain situations. a lot of questions that required critical thinking as well

Interview Questions

• if you had an emergency at your two biggest clients at the same time, what would you do?   Answer Question