Stryker Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stryker Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stryker

2.7

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (East Lansing, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview was fairly laid back - 25 minutes or so. It was the first of three interviews so there were a few harder questions but mostly generic interview questions and personality questions. The second interview is a phone screen with a third party company where they ask you more in-depth personality questions to get a better idea of who you are. The third interview is a technical interview where you meet on site with the engineering team of your discipline and they drill you with much tougher questions to probe your technical skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is something that was particularly complicated for you in your engineering courses and how would you explain that topic to a group of high school students who didn't know about the topic.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Pretty, straight forward. First had a pre-gallup, fit, then went to gallup then headed to the technical interview. nothing out of the ordinary. they few me to the site and that was pretty interesting as it was really quick.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Really enjoyed their interview process. They were friendly the entire time and the process went quickly and smoothly. I recommend Stryker! The process consisted of one initial phone interview going over my resume, and then a Gallup interview, and then an on-site interview. The Gallup ensures you will be a good fit in Stryker's culture.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project you have worked on?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in May 2015.

Interview

I talked with someone from HR and she reached out with me to schedule an interview with two of their lead engineers over the phone. On the day of my phone interview only one of the engineers was available. The second engineer rescheduled on me and stood me up 5 times before I finally was able to speak with him and when I did he was incredibly rude. He did not seem interested in anything I had to say and it was clear he did not value the time I had reserved (five time!) to speak with him.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The entire process is longwinded; the first is the standard HR interview with typical HR questions. Following this is either a technical and a Gallup interview, or just the latter, then a personal interview if you pass the Gallup interview. My process was excessively long, with very little communication on their side. Their lack of acknowledging a person's time when an appointment has be made earlier is frustrating and lacks professional courtesy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy, more than 8 rounds were taken. 4 on phone and 4 face 2 face. Gallop Interview is biggest pain, you have to answer what is told by HR. Technical interview was good, nice logical questions were asked

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not tried to negotiate may be because it was my first experience but since in hand is not that good here so I suggest to negotiate well before joining :)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

After I applied via stryker's career portal, I received an invitation for a telephone interview carried out by the human resources department (15 days). The interviewer was very nice and the conversation went well.

Then I was invited to a telephone interview with their recruiting partner Gallup (1 day later). After (4 days later) this interview, they told me I didn't pass the Gallup interview and send me an email with a standard but appropriate notice that i didn't pass.

The Gallup interview is a little bit strange, since you are mostly asked standard-psychological questions, where you are supposed to answer with "Yes" or "No", or scale questions with points from "1" to "5". Additionally, there are about 3-5 questions, where you are supposed to answer with an example from your personal or business experience. It's not the real interview kind of conversation, since you are just getting read out some questions with an impolite sounding boredom voice. An online test would have done a better job.

However, I knew before applying, that stryker is a great company with great products, but nevertheless a strange way of selecting highly qualified and motivated candidates via gallup.

Interview Questions

• Are you always trying to do the right? Tell us about an example where you are trying to do the right?
      (I changed the question since it's intellectual property of the gallup-company....)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (New Delhi (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for SE on campus in NOVEMBER 2017. Firstly, there was a written test which had around 20 Coding questions ( on basic OOPS and DS ) and around 25 aptitude questions ( ALL MCQ'S).
    It was then followed by an interview ( Tech. + HR combined) where they discussed about CV and projects mainly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker (New Delhi (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

It consisted of 4-5 rounds including on paper MCQs followed by a technical test and then an HR interview and finally the Gallup round. All the rounds were elimination rounds.

Interview Questions

• Basic MCQs based on mental aptitude and some output questions.
      One design question pretty easy one.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The Interview was Conducted in three rounds-
    1. The Online Test/Exam which further consisted of two parts-
          a. Logical Ability
          b. Technical/Domain Ability
    both the exams were of mcq type
    2. The Technical Interview
         The Interviewer was quite friendly though he seemed rude at first, Asked for an introduction and made me comfortable, had a look at the resume, and then asked questions about the projects later went on to ask other questions.

3. The HR interview
    The interviewer was a very nice person, Asked me about myself and the usual HR routine(Why Stryker?,Project Questions etc.).